Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby City64 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:55 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Slow day at the office here. I decided to have some fun on BM offering alternative meaning to Tolmie's cryptic clues.
I got a public warning and had my posts deleted.
Where's the fun in that?

Bit of a weird animal is BM , did my head in tbh when I was on there . Haven,t bothered with it for around 4 years now , mind it can get a bit weird on here now and again ?!?!? tinternet eh ? :shock: :? :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby blues2win » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:18 pm

Barca given up on Inigo Martinez supposedly. Could Txiki go for him? He's not quite 6 foot. Bit of an issue in the Premiership?
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:45 pm

City64 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:Slow day at the office here. I decided to have some fun on BM offering alternative meaning to Tolmie's cryptic clues.
Where's the fun in that?

Bit of a weird animal is BM , did my head in tbh when I was on there . Haven,t bothered with it for around 4 years now , mind it can get a bit weird on here now and again ?!?!? tinternet eh ? :shock: :? :lol:

So glad I stood by the earlier incarnation of this site when Ric went away and started that place.

Only time I've ever gone on there is when somebody posts a link here to something outrageous or idiotic to make me bother.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:56 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
City64 wrote:
Where's the fun in that?

So glad I stood by the earlier incarnation of this site when Ric went away and started that place.

Only time I've ever gone on there is when somebody posts a link here to something outrageous or idiotic to make me bother.

Well I thought my guesses to the clues, yes clues, were far more believable than some theories being put forward, but some Mod told me to stop spamming.

My guesses were removed and others who offered far less plausible and far less entertaining possibilities to the musical conundrums, were left.

I don't post there very often.
Occasionally go on to the EDS thread and there are some knowledgeable posters in there (Doug, I know you're there), but I find most of the rest of the place impenetrable.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:00 am

IWT, please save your efforts and just stay here, going to BM seems to be a fruitless task from what I've read here.

Yes it's like having two Pub's you like to frequent, but you know one is failing despite having some friends there.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:11 am

I've never ventured further into BM than to the link to the BM podcast (excellent show, btw). I'm strictly a one-forum man.
I do have to confess to having turned to Twitter this summer. July is always a very slow month at work for me and there's simply not been happening enough on here to keep me busy.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:28 am

CTID Hants wrote:IWT, please save your efforts and just stay here, going to BM seems to be a fruitless task from what I've read here.

Yes it's like having two Pub's you like to frequent, but you know one is failing despite having some friends there.

wetherspoons vs a local
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:43 am

CTID Hants wrote:IWT, please save your efforts and just stay here, going to BM seems to be a fruitless task from what I've read here.

yeah I realise that CTID. Thing is I don't have any friends there. I joined there the same time as i joined here but have only posted less than 300 times there.
It's a weird place alright. There is no doubt there are very knowledgeable people on there, but it's impossible to filter through the shite.

Since we're in the transfer forum here, I don't want to hijack it with BM stuff but can anyone of the recent defectors tell me what the story is with this guy Tolmie.
I'm not getting at him specifically as it is a way to pass the summer, but does he work at City or something. Why do they hang on his every word when basically he doesn't tell them anything..... at least nothing directly that he could be tied down to.

It is quite entertaining in a way and maybe that's its charm during the dry and barren summer months.
Everyone needs their fix!
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:51 am

mr_nool wrote:I've never ventured further into BM than to the link to the BM podcast (excellent show, btw). I'm strictly a one-forum man.
I do have to confess to having turned to Twitter this summer. July is always a very slow month at work for me and there's simply not been happening enough on here to keep me busy.

I had a look at BlueMoon, a few times, years ago but haven't been on since.

It felt as though I'd stepped into a Civil War on the Beirut scale of anger and contention which was exhibited there; a sort of equivalent of the triptych 'The Garden Of Earthly Delights' as painted by Hieronymus Bosch.

It's certainly not a place for delicate souls.

With regard to the boring July/summer intermission we have to suffer mr_nool, 'Off Topic' can be a veritable life saver.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:59 am

Get the talks going on VVD, The scousers would be in a mess if we get him , by all accounts it's anywhere but Kloppool for the saints board...
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:07 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
mr_nool wrote:I've never ventured further into BM than to the link to the BM podcast (excellent show, btw). I'm strictly a one-forum man.

It felt as though I'd stepped into a Civil War on the Beirut scale of anger and contention which was exhibited there; a sort of equivalent of the triptych 'The Garden Of Earthly Delights' as painted by Hieronymus Bosch.

With regard to the boring July/summer intermission we have to suffer mr_nool, 'Off Topic' can be a veritable life saver.

I regard my own crowning achievement there as being the only poster ever foed by the formidable Didsbury Dave and driving Damocles away from the board for a year. It can be a very nasty place and is a cosy home to a number of menacing creatures from the wilder shores of the internet who should really be in prison. Eventually the sages on the buttons tired of me pointing this out and I was banned for mod bashing.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby mr_nool » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:14 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Vegetarian food and cricket can only keep my interest for so long, MC...
This morning I killed a couple of hours by nuking every place I've ever lived with different sized a-boms. Very interesting and quite entertaining in a macabre sort of way: https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:20 am

What MC really meant wa;
'With regard to the boring July/summer intermission we have to suffer mr_nool, 'Off Topic' can be a vegitable life saver.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:36 am

mr_nool wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

This morning I killed a couple of hours by nuking every place I've ever lived with different sized a-boms. Very interesting and quite entertaining in a macabre sort of way: https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/
I'm surprised you didn't find elderly men talking about their mother's cooking more diverting.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:39 am

johnny crossan wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

I'm surprised you didn't find elderly men talking about their mother's cooking more diverting.

It's quite an interesting thread, if I'm honest, but your childhood meals don't really resonate with me. The Swedish food culture when I grew up (or my parents and grand parents for that matter) differs a lot from the British.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PrezIke » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:47 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Get the talks going on VVD, The scousers would be in a mess if we get him , by all accounts it's anywhere but Kloppool for the saints board...

Chelsea are certainly interested as well.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:49 pm

Dortmund supposedly tell Barca they want £135m for Dembele, thinking that price will be too high.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Justified logic » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:50 pm

mr_nool wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

It's quite an interesting thread, if I'm honest, but your childhood meals don't really resonate with me. The Swedish food culture when I grew up (or my parents and grand parents for that matter) differs a lot from the British.

I'm herring you Mr N.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby phips » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:04 pm

PrezIke wrote:Dortmund supposedly tell Barca they want £135m for Dembele, thinking that price will be too high.

this one is a weird one.

my initial thought is that that's silly money and Dortmund have to accept.
but then, Dortmund aren't exactly a club in need of that money. And how are they going to replace a pretty irreplaceable player like Dembele? even if they'd be flush with cash its not like they're going to go the Barca way and splash a huge chunk on some big name--they have a wage structure that they won't break even if they have big money for a big transfer. plus, there's so little time left before the Bundesliga starts that its going to be hard to find a player to come in with any selling club likely to not want to do business because they won't be able to find a replacement. if Dembele can help you continually qualify for the Champions League and he has 4 years left on his deal then it almost seems worth it do turn down Barca regardless.

but, they'd almost surely lose him next summer and losing him along with Aubameyang in one summer would really hurt.

so, i won't be surprised if they accept but i won't be surprised if they turn down every offer regardless of how much it is.
Last edited by phips on Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:06 pm

phips wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Dortmund supposedly tell Barca they want £135m for Dembele, thinking that price will be too high.

this one is a weird one.

my initial thought is that that's silly money and Dortmund have to accept.
but then, Dortmund aren't exactly a club in need a that money. And how are they going to replace a pretty irreplaceable player like Dembele? even if they'd be flush with cash its not like they're going to go the Barca way and splash a huge chunk on some big name--they have a wage structure that they won't break even if they have big money for a big transfer. plus, there's so little time left before the Bundesliga starts that its going to be hard to find a player to come in with any selling club likely to not want to do business because they won't be able to find a replacement. if Dembele can help you continually qualify for the Champions League and he has 4 years left on his deal then it almost seems worth it do turn down Barca regardless.

but, they'd almost surely lose him next summer and losing him along with Aubameyang in one summer would really hurt.

so, i won't be surprised if they accept but i won't be surprised if they turn down every offer regardless of how much it is.

Everyone has their price it's said.
Including Inigo Martinez - but Barca don't want to pay that either at the moment
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum