Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:28 am

nottsblue wrote:Image rights seem to crop up everywhere. All the trouble with the tax in Spain stems from this. It seems to hold up transfers and possibly even abort them.

Just what the fuck are they?

I think it's how much of a fee the player gets for use of his image by the club etc. So someone like Aguero or Silva probably get a decent wedge everytime the club use them to sell shirts or season tickets. (or the club's sponsors use their image themselves). Basically a licensing fee.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:41 pm

mUen
United want Fabinho and Neymar

So do Stockport County doesn't mean they're
Gonna get them
Soft twats
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:25 pm

Wooders wrote:Wilfred Pony reckons he is gonna stay and fight for his place at city

Well, hope he finds some way to prove himself. Not sure how we would find a squad place for him even if he somehow did on some level given he takes up a foreign place.

Oddly enough his best chance might be as a backup centre midfielder (roaming 8) as his lack of pace will be less of an issue with our style as he seemed to be almost more interested in playmaking than shooting. He's a good team player, and would be a different option with his strength and ariel ability and that's the one position we are a bit short in supply.

Of course, this is really crazy talk. PL clubs likely fighting for relegation might be interested still, but we'd have to shell out almost all of his wages. However, that is likely a given anyway. Perhaps Newcastle as I hear they are looking to sell Mitrovic.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:47 pm

carolina-blue wrote:mUen
United want Fabinho and Neymar

So do Stockport County doesn't mean they're
Gonna get them
Soft twats

This time of year they just link themsleves with everybody, or the media does just to get clicks. The whole summer gets more and more sickening.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Scatman » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:55 pm

Dameerto wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Image rights seem to crop up everywhere. All the trouble with the tax in Spain stems from this. It seems to hold up transfers and possibly even abort them.

Just what the fuck are they?

I think it's how much of a fee the player gets for use of his image by the club etc. So someone like Aguero or Silva probably get a decent wedge everytime the club use them to sell shirts or season tickets. (or the club's sponsors use their image themselves). Basically a licensing fee.

Furthermore, image rights are capable of being transferred to a third party, for example a company in a tax haven. So unlike the payments players receive for their services, on which they pay tax in their country of residence, tax on image rights can be paid according to the rules of whatever jurisdiction they reside in.

Even if the image rights company is in the UK, corporation tax rates are much lower than PAYE rates. Theclubs can reduce the amount of national insurance deductions they must make, so it isn't just the player that benefits.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:39 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Wooders wrote:Wilfred Pony reckons he is gonna stay and fight for his place at city

Well, hope he finds some way to prove himself. Not sure how we would find a squad place for him even if he somehow did on some level given he takes up a foreign place.

Oddly enough his best chance might be as a backup centre midfielder (roaming 8) as his lack of pace will be less of an issue with our style as he seemed to be almost more interested in playmaking than shooting. He's a good team player, and would be a different option with his strength and ariel ability and that's the one position we are a bit short in supply.

Of course, this is really crazy talk. PL clubs likely fighting for relegation might be interested still, but we'd have to shell out almost all of his wages. However, that is likely a given anyway. Perhaps Newcastle as I hear they are looking to sell Mitrovic.

I wonder if Bony could play at centre-half with his aerial ability ??

Mmmmm.........on second thoughts............
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:25 pm

dazby wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
dazby wrote:In other words, "I'm on good coin, I like good coin, I'm staying on good coin."

That's an interesting way of phrasing this issue Dazzer.
Is it an expression widely in use in Australia, or is it just something pertinent to yourself ??

Nod nod nod nod nod nod

image deleted
Last edited by johnny crossan on Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:29 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
dazby wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
dazby wrote:In other words, "I'm on good coin, I like good coin, I'm staying on good coin."

Is it an expression widely in use in Australia, or is it just something pertinent to yourself ??

Nod nod nod nod nod nod

I just knew you'd seize on this JC and post something of this nature :D :D :D :D
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:20 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

his best bet is in nets. Can't be worse than Bravo was last season.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:58 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

his best bet is in nets. Can't be worse than Bravo was last season.

A nice bit of out of the box (or should that be 'in the box') thinking there PB.

If he's not going to leave us, we've got to find some sort of useful employment for him, although just what exactly is getting a bit difficult to envisage.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Justified logic » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:16 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Oh dear.

How long is there left on his contact ??

2 bastard years!!! Surely the club can't let him just sit around collecting £10.4m in wages until then.

We should find the shittiest possible club in the furthest corner of Russia's third tier (if they have one) and loan him with us paying rather than pay him all that for doing nowt!

Would be highly amusing to dump Bony, Hart, Nasri, Denayer (any others?) with a club like Coventry or Portsmouth on those terms and watch the FA foam at the mouth. Actually, make that just Coventry and force them to play in royal blue with tiny sky blue trim.
Justified logic

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Justified logic » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:38 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
dazby wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Nod nod nod nod nod nod

Haha look at the stupid captive bear with the pyscological problems. Yawn
Justified logic

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:48 pm

Justified logic wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
dazby wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Nod nod nod nod nod nod

Haha look at the stupid captive bear with the pyscological problems. Yawn

Apologies, anyway there you go - offensive gif removed and you can have a nap now.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:42 pm

I would get that overpaid useless cunt Bony selling pies on match days !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:53 pm

City64 wrote:I would get that overpaid useless cunt Bony selling pies on match days !

I second that. Then sweeping the terraces after the game. Then painting the stadium. Then mowing the pitch. Basically, just get him working
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:55 pm

nottsblue wrote:
City64 wrote:I would get that overpaid useless cunt Bony selling pies on match days !

I second that. Then sweeping the terraces after the game. Then painting the stadium. Then mowing the pitch. Basically, just get him working

Ermm nowhere near the pitch please NB ;)
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby nottsblue » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:11 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Ermm nowhere near the pitch please NB ;)

Sorry. My bad!!!
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:37 pm

if that happened it would put the kibosh on both this thread and probably Pep's future with us too :cry:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wooders » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:43 pm

What we can't register any players?
Expect a few hammerings when it's 0 against 11 next season!
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:49 pm

Wooders wrote:What we can't register any players?
Expect a few hammerings when it's 0 against 11 next season!

it would be certainly a specially tailored City punishment WW ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum