Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby blues2win » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:59 pm

Rodgers says City and Celtic talking about extending Patrick Roberts loan deal. Slightly surprised. Thought that City might want him back next season. I suppose there's a lot of competition in wide positions.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby PrezIke » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:02 pm

Mase wrote:
dazby wrote:
zuricity wrote:I can easily see Edin fitting in. He is still a great player and our management , ie Spafia fcuked up yet again.

He would be banging 'em in under Pep, cos as Kun proved against Chelsea, his stupidity means we need other good strikers .We had one in Edin and blew it.

A major history rewrite there. He is not a Pep player. Pep would have got rid at the beginning of the season.

I think he'd be Pep's Lewandowski

Lewandowski is one of the best athletes in the game and works harder than Dzeko ever did.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:11 pm

Mase wrote:
Spurge wrote:
Mase wrote:
Spurge wrote:Ben Davies the latest link re a left back. Earlier in the week it was Rose and Walker but we have now down graded our approach (or have we?). Whilst a Bravo and Ter Stegen situation springs to mind initially, on reflection however, whenever Davies on the left and indeed Trippier on the right, have stepped in they've done a very good job for Spurs. Would it be so bad if we raided Spurs of one or both of these.

They would know that they have a better chance of making these positions their own at City than they have at Spurs based on the ages of Clichy, Kolorav, Sagna and Zabaletta and they would still be playing for a top four club. Trippier as I've said before I'd welcome back to City, but also seems like we could do a lot worse than take a look at Ben Davies.

I very very much doubt Trippier would come back to City knowing his family.

Oh whats the deal there then Mase - can you elaborate?

What Fidel said. I think they were a bit pissed off that he was let go in the first place, without an opportunity to show what he could do. And it's not like he was coming through at a time when we were blessed with decent fullbacks. We dropped a bollock with him in my opinion.

Would it make it any easier if you thought he was a dyed in red Rag cunt?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:55 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:
Spurge wrote:
Mase wrote:
Spurge wrote:Ben Davies the latest link re a left back. Earlier in the week it was Rose and Walker but we have now down graded our approach (or have we?). Whilst a Bravo and Ter Stegen situation springs to mind initially, on reflection however, whenever Davies on the left and indeed Trippier on the right, have stepped in they've done a very good job for Spurs. Would it be so bad if we raided Spurs of one or both of these.

They would know that they have a better chance of making these positions their own at City than they have at Spurs based on the ages of Clichy, Kolorav, Sagna and Zabaletta and they would still be playing for a top four club. Trippier as I've said before I'd welcome back to City, but also seems like we could do a lot worse than take a look at Ben Davies.

I very very much doubt Trippier would come back to City knowing his family.

Oh whats the deal there then Mase - can you elaborate?

What Fidel said. I think they were a bit pissed off that he was let go in the first place, without an opportunity to show what he could do. And it's not like he was coming through at a time when we were blessed with decent fullbacks. We dropped a bollock with him in my opinion.

Would it make it any easier if you thought he was a dyed in red Rag cunt?

Who? Trips or Fidel?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:22 pm

Apparently Yaya has turned down £430k a week from the Chinese super league, both in the summer and this transfer window. No mention of a fee but I'd imagine it wouldn't be cheap. Perhaps that slug of an agent of his had the last laugh after all. He will probably go in the summer when we will get nothing for him
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:47 pm

Daily fail reporting talks for extending Tosin contract have broken down. He is a freebie at the end of the season
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:57 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Daily fail reporting talks for extending Tosin contract have broken down. He is a freebie at the end of the season

Surely we would get a development fee for him like we did with Sturridge or Burnley with Danny Ings?
nottsblue

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:18 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Daily fail reporting talks for extending Tosin contract have broken down. He is a freebie at the end of the season

Surely we would get a development fee for him like we did with Sturridge or Burnley with Danny Ings?

Fuck all though mate. Pisses me off how it's been left to run down this far when we were signing shit like Lopes up to make sure he couldn't leave on a free.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:40 pm

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Fuck all though mate. Pisses me off how it's been left to run down this far when we were signing shit like Lopes up to make sure he couldn't leave on a free.

Reckon we'd get £5m for him easy. Maybe we have offered him a deal and he doesn't want to sign it for whatever reason and he's like Sturridge in that he wants silly money for his age and experience? If so then let him go. Sends a message to the other lads that there's no room for greedy fuckers who think they've made it when they haven't.

Of course, I could be doing him a disservice and he really wants to stay and would accept the terms offered as I'm sure they are generous for a lad of his age, but he has been tapped up by someone who has offered first team football and that's the reason he wants out. His choice.
nottsblue

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:55 pm

But we did that when we were trying to buy he likes of Hazard and in reality now looking at how much we've wasted on shite players we should have just paid his agent whatever he got.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:59 pm

Mase wrote:But we did that when we were trying to buy he likes of Hazard and in reality now looking at how much we've wasted on shite players we should have just paid his agent whatever he got.

True. But there is a world of difference between Tosin now and Hazard even back then. You have to draw a line somewhere and I guess Tosin is on the wrong side at this moment
nottsblue

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:04 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Reckon we'd get £5m for him easy. Maybe we have offered him a deal and he doesn't want to sign it for whatever reason and he's like Sturridge in that he wants silly money for his age and experience? If so then let him go. Sends a message to the other lads that there's no room for greedy fuckers who think they've made it when they haven't.

Of course, I could be doing him a disservice and he really wants to stay and would accept the terms offered as I'm sure they are generous for a lad of his age, but he has been tapped up by someone who has offered first team football and that's the reason he wants out. His choice.

he's probably realised that our place is a graveyard for centrehalves and can't wait to get out of there.....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:10 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

he's probably realised that our place is a graveyard for centrehalves and can't wait to get out of there.....

:roll:
Original Dub

Postby getdressedmctavish » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:05 am

given that we've got fern 1 to come back, and Jesus to come in I'm reasonably encouraged by our apparent summer targets which seem to be Virgil V D, a strong ball winning cm, two fullbacks with tenacity and pace and a goalkeeper who is one. Not expecting anything this window even if mullered by spurs but I'm hopeful of a win anyway.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby PrezIke » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:42 am

Pellegrini allegedly sniffing around Silva and Nasri apparently as well.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby phips » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:43 am

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

i really hope this isn't taken the wrong way (it will be), but does it really matter? Mancini, Manuel, and Pep have all shown zero desire to bring in "youngsters" (except for Kelechi) aside from the early round Cup matches. they've preferred to buy, buy, buy.

and this isn't a critique. which TOP club, aside from Barca, has a number of their own Academy products playing for the first team and doing well? I know Kane at Spurs but that's only one guy. Chelsea loan and sell all of their. Southampton has sold most of theirs. Liverpool dont have any. Real dont. Bayern have Hummels but they had to buy him back.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Justified logic » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:44 am

I don't know why we bother with an academy if we continue to buy in top-class foreign players and make up the homegrown quota with dross.

But we are a business so I hope the academy sales pay for the whole set-up in our cash-strapped finances. :roll:
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:10 am

phips wrote:
Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

i really hope this isn't taken the wrong way (it will be), but does it really matter? Mancini, Manuel, and Pep have all shown zero desire to bring in "youngsters" (except for Kelechi) aside from the early round Cup matches. they've preferred to buy, buy, buy.

and this isn't a critique. which TOP club, aside from Barca, has a number of their own Academy products playing for the first team and doing well? I know Kane at Spurs but that's only one guy. Chelsea loan and sell all of their. Southampton has sold most of theirs. Liverpool dont have any. Real dont. Bayern have Hummels but they had to buy him back.

It's annoying mate because we've put a lot of years and effort in to developing this kid for us to just let him run down his contract and leave for barely anything. I think I'm more annoyed that he hasn't been given a run in the cup.

It will put kids off signing contracts with us if we're not giving them a chance.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:33 am

Mase wrote:
phips wrote:
Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

It's annoying mate because we've put a lot of years and effort in to developing this kid for us to just let him run down his contract and leave for barely anything. I think I'm more annoyed that he hasn't been given a run in the cup.

It will put kids off signing contracts with us if we're not giving them a chance.

Re the last point Mase, doesn't seem to stop Chelsea's conveyor belt.

Also the whole package we offer is very attractive for parents as the kids will continue to get a good education. Don't forget the likes of Maffeo, Tosin, Garcia, Foden et all have trained with the first team and will get to learn from some of the best players around. Granted, they don't get the games that they might at a Bolton or a Wigan but they will be playing will inferior players which won't help their game.

We will continue to get decent players coming to us in the future
nottsblue

Postby Scatman » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:32 pm

phips wrote:
Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Every week United have 11 academy players on the pitch. We have zero. Makes you sick.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum