Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:25 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Has he played all season ?

Yep, every game he's been fit for, including the last half hour against us last Friday.

If I recall, he missed the start of the season having a long holiday after the EURO, where, to be fair, he played a huge part in France going in the final.

His is going to China next year.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Moonchesteri » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:10 pm

Sky today showed a stat of chances created and he was on top of it. By a country mile too, something like 75 chances when next had less than 60!

Could he play CM? In the Gundoman role.

On a second thought tho, anyone who disrespects his club like that deserve fuck all. I hope the only buyers come from China and Qatar
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:29 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:

Sky today showed a stat of chances created and he was on top of it. By a country mile too, something like 75 chances when next had less than 60!

Could he play CM? In the Gundoman role.

On a second thought tho, anyone who disrespects his club like that deserve fuck all. I hope the only buyers come from China and Qatar

I feel like he's too lazy and too arrogant to be a No. 8
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby kennyboy » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:31 pm

If Kolarov get`s sold this month, i will donate to charity and try to become a better person.
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:45 pm

Meanwhile in Italy, Big Ed scored 18 in 26 games this season.

Sign him up.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:54 pm

PeterParker wrote:Meanwhile in Italy, Big Ed scored 18 in 26 games this season.

Sign him up.

We got rid of him and signed Bony FFS!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:00 pm

Mase wrote:

Sign him up.

The Spafia really fucked up with that, didn't they?

I think Dzeko was really underrated here. His scoring ratio was fantastic, a really old school poacher in all of his words and a guy who, imho, gave a shit playing for us. Of course, he missed a lot and played bad a few times, but for me, his attitude was always on spot.

Huge parte in the title race in 2014 and without his header we wouldn't had Aguuueeroooooo.

Not a legend, but close enough for me.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:38 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:

Sign him up.

I think Dzeko was really underrated here. His scoring ratio was fantastic, a really old school poacher in all of his words and a guy who, imho, gave a shit playing for us. Of course, he missed a lot and played bad a few times, but for me, his attitude was always on spot.

Huge parte in the title race in 2014 and without his header we wouldn't had Aguuueeroooooo.

Agreed. Very underrated
Saul Goodman

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:41 pm

sheblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Image

So Sevilla loaned Jovetic. He can meet now with his pal Nasri.

Yea heard about this the other day. They better go out and sign a few more doctors, some nurses and a handful of physios cause they are going to need them for that lad, amazing he didn't dislocate a finger signing that contract.

Scored vs Real 10 minutes into his debut
Saul Goodman

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:06 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:

Sign him up.

Did his fair share if defending set pieces as well as crucial goals, selling him never made sense.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Slim » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:59 pm

He spent the last 6 months playing like he'd rather be literally anywhere than here. I think people are looking back with some serious blue tints.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:07 am

Slim wrote:He spent the last 6 months playing like he'd rather be literally anywhere than here. I think people are looking back with some serious blue tints.

This and bony being complete shit will always make us long for Dzeko. Contributed well to us but was on a steep decline when he went.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:48 am

Slim wrote:He spent the last 6 months playing like he'd rather be literally anywhere than here. I think people are looking back with some serious blue tints.

Well, that is because he was injured. He hurt himself at the world cup in Brazil and played with problems. The whole season of 2014-2015 was full of injuries for him. He played 32 games in all competitions (including national team) and scored 6. He played around 1.556' . He either came in late or was substituted early.

One year earlier, when we won the title he played 3.241' and scored 26 times in 48 games. Almost double playing time time.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:01 am

PeterParker wrote:

Well, that is because he was injured. He hurt himself at the world cup in Brazil and played with problems. The whole season of 2014-2015 was full of injuries for him. He played 32 games in all competitions (including national team) and scored 6. He played around 1.556' . He either came in late or was substituted early.

One year earlier, when we won the title he played 3.241' and scored 26 times in 48 games. Almost double playing time time.

I'm with Slim on this, he had thrown in the towel. I was at the Barca home game that season and it really hit home in that one how much Dzeko didn't give a fuck, his attitude was horrendous.

Looking back his change in attitude seemed to coincide with Jovetic being left out of CL squad.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:56 pm

PeterParker wrote:

I'm with Slim on this, he had thrown in the towel. I was at the Barca home game that season and it really hit home in that one how much Dzeko didn't give a fuck, his attitude was horrendous.

Looking back his change in attitude seemed to coincide with Jovetic being left out of CL squad.

Would you rather have Dzeko with a shite attitude or Bony buzzin his head off?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:02 pm

Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Neither.

At the time of the Bony signing I could see the logic, he was the PL's top scorer in the calendar year that had just passed, we had played our best football under Pellegrini when Negredo was partnering Aguero and Bony displayed many of the same characteristics that Negredo had. It made sense at the time, it didn't work out for whatever reason, oh wait scratch that, it didn't work out because Txiki Bergiristain.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:34 pm

Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Ignoring all the pros and cons, with regard to his later time with ourselves, if Dzeko had still been here when Pep took over, I wonder how he would have been used and how he would be playing now ??

Would he have been able to adapt to Pep's high pressing requirements, or would he have flourished with some of the scoring chances we've not been taking, as at present ??

I know this is only theoretical but it might be salient if ever we were connected with another striker of Dzeko's ilk.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:37 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Ignoring all the pros and cons, with regard to his later time with ourselves, if Dzeko had still been here when Pep took over, I wonder how he would have been used and how he would be playing now ??

Would he have been able to adapt to Pep's high pressing requirements, or would he have flourished with some of the scoring chances we've not been taking, as at present ??

I know this is only theoretical but it might be salient if ever we were connected with another striker of Dzeko's ilk.

I'm pretty sure he would have been a plan B player - a super sub in a similar vein to Giroud at Arsenal. He's simply not good enough with his feet to lead the line in a Pep team.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:42 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Couldn't see Dzeko fitting in with Pep, to be honest.
The way I remember him, was that he was too lazy to do any pressing and He had the first touch of a wall.
He wasn't averse to having the odd sulk either.

Funny how different people view different players......well, differently.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby zuricity » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:01 pm

I can easily see Edin fitting in. He is still a great player and our management , ie Spafia fcuked up yet again.

He would be banging 'em in under Pep, cos as Kun proved against Chelsea, his stupidity means we need other good strikers .We had one in Edin and blew it.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum