Other games this weekend, 3-5 Dec

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Other games this weekend, 3-5 Dec

Postby phips » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:07 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:We would get chances against them though. Their defence isn't great either.

yup. despite Weidenfeller playing well today he's not as good as Burki who is out through the winter break with a broken hand but he'll most likely be back for the last 16 so the defense will get slightly better. Bartra is woeful though so just target him.

Justified logic wrote:Who would you prefer in the pot as group winners, RM or Dortmund?

funny thing is, for both Dortmund and RM Dortmund topping the group was the best result

iwasthere2012 wrote:
zuricity wrote:Dembele is wasted in this Dortmund team. Pep, get on the phone.

Has over cooked his passes as far as I've seen tonight.
Does look a raw talent though.

that's what happens when you feature in almost all of your team's matches and they can't rest you due to injuries. had Gotze been fit Dembele would've been on the bench
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby zuricity » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:13 am

Btw, Leicester made 10 changes to their team. Fine , they have qualified but can't teams get fined for fielding such weakend teams ? isn't it against the rules .Porto needed to win and see how they got it !

i'd be miffed if City went out because of such behaviour.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Nickyboy » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:49 pm

zuricity wrote:Btw, Leicester made 10 changes to their team. Fine , they have qualified but can't teams get fined for fielding such weakend teams ? isn't it against the rules .Porto needed to win and see how they got it !

If a team are forced to name a squad for particular tournament I think they're entitled to play whoever they want as long as they're eligible to play. They earnt the right to pick whoever they wanted by winning their first 5 games, why should they be arsed about anyone else.
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Justified logic » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:56 pm

Nickyboy wrote:
zuricity wrote:Btw, Leicester made 10 changes to their team. Fine , they have qualified but can't teams get fined for fielding such weakend teams ? isn't it against the rules .Porto needed to win and see how they got it !

If a team are forced to name a squad for particular tournament I think they're entitled to play whoever they want as long as they're eligible to play. They earnt the right to pick whoever they wanted by winning their first 5 games, why should they be arsed about anyone else.

A thick brown envelope probably would have helped.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:34 pm

Nickyboy wrote:

True that
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby aaron bond » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:44 am

nottsblue wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:

True that

Exactly.

You pick your squad for the group stage and can select any player from that. Otherwise what is the point in selecting a squad.

And who decides who a club's strongest first 11 is?

Silly comment.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum