Impression of a "Hardman"

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Impression of a "Hardman"

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:32 am

Going off about the discussion yesterday and the fact that we get bullied I wanted to talk about perception of supporters who is a hardman and who REALLY is a hardman.

You know, I played football at reasonable level and was a right cunt. You'd never think about it about me if you met me but when I cross that chalk line I turn into horrible horrible guy for opposition. Now in football pitch horrible cunts know each other and are drawn to each other like magnets. One of the great myths in average supporters mind is that it's the ones with red mist moments who are feared. That couldn't be further from the truth. When you see that guy in opposition line up your first thought isn't "ooh, this is going to be hard" but "lolz... it's going to be hilarious to wind thia guy up all day to get him send off". The ones you fear are the hard tacklers who never let anything get under their skin. The ones who, no matter how hard you kick them, always get up with stoic look on their face and who are guaranteed to kick you twice as hard few minutes later without going in recklesly or throwing a tantrum. And you know that they are going to smile and shake your hand in the end of the game like nothing happened.

So basically, likes of Tiatto as mentioned on other thread aren't really as scary as you'd think and likes of Kompany in his prime are the ones that really reouble you. Toughest guy playing right now imo? Xabi Alonso. Just follow him and you will understand what I mean.

And yes, we are desperate for one.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Re: Impression of a "Hardman"

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:56 am

Gerry Gow reincarnation required.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:05 pm

For all his skill, Zidane could mix it up with the best of them. Seem to have a vague recollection from way back when that Neil Mcnab could dish it out as well as take it. Andy Morrison from yesteryear also fell into that category. Not too many players from today's era come into this category as they generally don't get away with it but out of our current team I think Fernandinho is the closest. He gets kicked to fuck and never complains and he isn't afraid to mix it up
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:12 pm

nottsblue wrote:For all his skill, Zidane could mix it up with the best of them. Seem to have a vague recollection from way back when that Neil Mcnab could dish it out as well as take it. Andy Morrison from yesteryear also fell into that category. Not too many players from today's era come into this category as they generally don't get away with it but out of our current team I think Fernandinho is the closest. He gets kicked to fuck and never complains and he isn't afraid to mix it up

Zidane and more mature Vieira are great examples. Sure Zidane will always be remembered for the head butt but over his illustrious career he was both hard as fuck and cool as fuck. Vieira was hothead as a youngster but matured and became tough as rusty nails.

I thought Fernandinho might have it in him but was disappointed about him yesterday. True hardman would not react like that to douchebag like Fabregas. He would make his presence felt next time they met though.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:20 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
nottsblue wrote:For all his skill, Zidane could mix it up with the best of them. Seem to have a vague recollection from way back when that Neil Mcnab could dish it out as well as take it. Andy Morrison from yesteryear also fell into that category. Not too many players from today's era come into this category as they generally don't get away with it but out of our current team I think Fernandinho is the closest. He gets kicked to fuck and never complains and he isn't afraid to mix it up

Zidane and more mature Vieira are great examples. Sure Zidane will always be remembered for the head butt but over his illustrious career he was both hard as fuck and cool as fuck. Vieira was hothead as a youngster but matured and became tough as rusty nails.

I thought Fernandinho might have it in him but was disappointed about him yesterday. True hardman would not react like that to douchebag like Fabregas. He would make his presence felt next time they met though.

Let's see what happens in the next match.
nottsblue

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:42 pm

I think fern is only one we have. U can b proper hardman and still stick up for ur team n sort a few twats out.

Does keane fit the criteria? Wish we had a few proper hard men, such a soft touch.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:55 pm

Dubciteh wrote:I think fern is only one we have. U can b proper hardman and still stick up for ur team n sort a few twats out.

Does keane fit the criteria? Wish we had a few proper hard men, such a soft touch.

Keane fits the bill for my money.

Stuart Pearce would be another
nottsblue

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:05 pm

Definition not impression

just sayin !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:07 pm

City64 wrote:Definition not impression

just sayin !

Not really. I'm talking about the impression people have of what is a hardman.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:20 pm

City64 wrote:Definition not impression

just sayin !

Not really. I'm talking about the impression people have of what is a hardman.

Ok .

The Premier League is a very different league now to when the likes of Keane and Vieira were doing there stuff . No "hardmen" anymore , Diego Costa thinks he is one but in reality he is just a cheating bell end who couldn't fight his way out of paper bag the soft cunt !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:39 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Dubciteh wrote:I think fern is only one we have. U can b proper hardman and still stick up for ur team n sort a few twats out.

Keane would be one of my prime examples of the misconception. He was dirty hotheaded cunt. Not a real hardman though. He is legacy is the one where he is seriously underrated as a footballer, I loathe to say it but he was great passer of the ball and kept them ticking, and seriously overrated as a hardman. Time and time again he let his temperament get the best of him and he compromised his team and players KNEW this.

An example. I remember this one game probably late-90's between ragd and Newcastle. Shearer was on his case whole game. Not winding him up as such but kicking the shit out of him every time he touched the ball. Now people might've forgotten but Shearer was one of the last of his kind, tough as fuck centerforward. Every centerback were dreading for that fixture because they knew they were up for good kicking. Anyway, you watch the game and every single time Keane has the ball on their half Shearer is right there like a bee. You could see from his face that the steam was about to blow any minute. Then Shearer again makes a sliding tackle and the ball goes out of the touchline. Shearer throws the ball to Keane for a throw in. Keane throws it right back and tries to twat Shearer and duly gets sent off.

Shearer = hardman, Keane =psychotic hothead

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:43 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Keane would be one of my prime examples of the misconception. He was dirty hotheaded cunt. Not a real hardman though. He is legacy is the one where he is seriously underrated as a footballer, I loathe to say it but he was great passer of the ball and kept them ticking, and seriously overrated as a hardman. Time and time again he let his temperament get the best of him and he compromised his team and players KNEW this.

An example. I remember this one game probably late-90's between ragd and Newcastle. Shearer was on his case whole game. Not winding him up as such but kicking the shit out of him every time he touched the ball. Now people might've forgotten but Shearer was one of the last of his kind, tough as fuck centerforward. Every centerback were dreading for that fixture because they knew they were up for good kicking. Anyway, you watch the game and every single time Keane has the ball on their half Shearer is right there like a bee. You could see from his face that the steam was about to blow any minute. Then Shearer again makes a sliding tackle and the ball goes out of the touchline. Shearer throws the ball to Keane for a throw in. Keane throws it right back and tries to twat Shearer and duly gets sent off.

Shearer = hardman, Keane =psychotic hothead

Agree about Shearer. Keane was a psycho but he was a hard bugger. He ruled most midfield battles. Whether that was by his reputation or otherwise it was a rare game he ceded the midfield. Not unlike Souness
nottsblue

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:46 pm

Shearer was a hardman? Didn't he assault Lennon that time like a coward? He's a fanny.

But Tiatto isn't? Didn't the guy play Aussie Rules. Anyone that plays that deserves the tag 'hardman'.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:31 pm

Mase wrote:Shearer was a hardman? Didn't he assault Lennon that time like a coward? He's a fanny.

But Tiatto isn't? Didn't the guy play Aussie Rules. Anyone that plays that deserves the tag 'hardman'.

I saw the game at the time and saw the millions of replays and I remember I couldn't make my mind up about the situation. Shearer claimed innocence and acted immediately afterwards like he certainly didn't mean it ie there was no handbags waving.

Tiatto was a nutter who was guaranteed to get red carded for some completely reckless and idiotic challenge or suckerpunch after little bit of winding up by oppo. That's not hard. Anyone can try to break someone's leg on football pitch. That's idiotic. And opposition knows the idiots.

I didn't start this topic to wind you up though. The whole thing just fame to my mind after your post. I personally never feared or respected these psycopathic idiots. There's something seriously unnerving when about never complain, never lose your cool yet always play tough attitude.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mr_nool » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:36 pm

As a Swede I have to say Stefan Schwarz. Fits your definition perfectly, Discopants. One of my biggest football heroes of all time.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:44 pm

Mase wrote:Shearer was a hardman? Didn't he assault Lennon that time like a coward? He's a fanny.

I saw the game at the time and saw the millions of replays and I remember I couldn't make my mind up about the situation. Shearer claimed innocence and acted immediately afterwards like he certainly didn't mean it ie there was no handbags waving.

Tiatto was a nutter who was guaranteed to get red carded for some completely reckless and idiotic challenge or suckerpunch after little bit of winding up by oppo. That's not hard. Anyone can try to break someone's leg on football pitch. That's idiotic. And opposition knows the idiots.

I didn't start this topic to wind you up though. The whole thing just fame to my mind after your post. I personally never feared or respected these psycopathic idiots. There's something seriously unnerving when about never complain, never lose your cool yet always play tough attitude.

Tiatto was a nutter. 100% and he did take a few people out in his time. That doesn't make him hard. But at the same time that doesn't mean he isn't hard. Go in to most prisons the hardest people in there will be absolute nutters.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:06 pm

mr_nool wrote:As a Swede I have to say Stefan Schwarz. Fits your definition perfectly, Discopants. One of my biggest football heroes of all time.

Olof Mellberg was pretty hard as well.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:09 pm

mr_nool wrote:As a Swede I have to say Stefan Schwarz. Fits your definition perfectly, Discopants. One of my biggest football heroes of all time.

Whichever country Schwarz went, he'd always learn the curses first.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:22 pm

Granite ,

now that is fucking hard !
Not really here

Fuck VAR