The Worse Refereeing Performance You've Seen

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Worse Refereeing Performance You've Seen

Postby dick dastardley » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:54 pm

All this shite refereeing will be swept under the carpet under a furore of Chelsea excellence, how the fuck sideshow bob wasn't shown a red is beyond me, and two clear pens. Anyone who this there isn't an agenda needs to give their head a wobble.
As for the cock febregas will someone kindly break his fucking leg cheating fucker
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby zuricity » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:12 pm

A shocking referree.

Watching live today , it is no wonder the players get frustrated.

No one will ever convince me this guy is not just corrupt but incompetent !

It went downhill for him when he gave Otto a yellow for a perfect tackle.

Other incidents convince me the man just doesn't understand the game.

Either he pulls Agüero up for diving or Luiz must get a red card.

This official cheating and media bull will ruin the game.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby ayrshireblue » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:31 pm

Fabregas and Chebolah should also have seen red at the end. Fabregas slaps Fernandinho then walks backwards until he falls over the hoardings.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:19 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
aristation wrote:We as a club must react to this appalling display whatever the consequences in terms of fines. We need to address the situation and get referees to know if they act like the referee today there will be consequences. The whole furore at the end was because the ref made so many "errors" (deliberate or not) that he completely lost control and the main sanction should be against him.
Referees can only referee through respect at their competence and honesty that respect had gone by half time today!

But very understandable. When you aggrieved a team like he did today, it's hard to bite your tongue and crack on regardless.

What that end piece showed to me was that the players care.

Same here Beefy. I don't condone what happened but it showed that they understand what is going on and don't like it. I also got the impression that Pep is starting to understand what it's like to play a match in City's colours.
Not quite the same treatment that Barca get. The club as a whole need to pull up the drawbridge and adopt a siege mentality. Fuck all of them off, from the media to the FA to UEFA.

This'll put it up to us for Christmas period though. We don't have the players to play his system and we don't have a keeper that can save a shot.
He'll have to adapt or find ourselves out of every competition rather soon. A bit of pragmatism until he gets players in that can play the way he wants.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:27 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:What that end piece showed to me was that the players care.
Sorry Beefy, it shouldn't have to take being mugged by the chavs for them to show that, and there are much better ways too.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:34 pm

I usually prefer to stay away from refereeing controversies but I was incensed today. The first penalty decision not given I can understand I don't think it was intentional even though he clearly knocked the ball out with his hand. The Aguero foul by Luiz I just found staggerring.

It was so blatant and I thought the ref saw it clearly but he then looked across at the lino ( 40 yards further away than he was) and gave nothing. I think the standard of refereeing in the country is very poor but the performance today made me think that if he isn't cheating he is doing pretty well all that a cheat would do!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:47 pm

Bad and as corrupt as it was, it still doesn't excuse that we didn't score a goal from the boot of one of our players. Yes, we could've had a penalty and judging this seasons efforts there's no guarantee that it would be dispatched. Yes, Luiz should've been sent off, but again that's no guarantee we would've taken advantage. As it goes an away side being reduced to ten men in a tight game often battens down the hatches and gets a result anyway.

Corrupt and grossly incompetent officials are footballs problem. Appalling defending and lack of clinical finishing are our real problems
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby failsworthblue » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:10 pm

Nothing will be done and he will be wheeled in again when it is needed.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:35 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I usually prefer to stay away from refereeing controversies but I was incensed today. The first penalty decision not given I can understand I don't think it was intentional even though he clearly knocked the ball out with his hand. The Aguero foul by Luiz I just found staggerring.

It was so blatant and I thought the ref saw it clearly but he then looked across at the lino ( 40 yards further away than he was) and gave nothing. I think the standard of refereeing in the country is very poor but the performance today made me think that if he isn't cheating he is doing pretty well all that a cheat would do!

I'm with Douglas on this one.
I hate the usual ref blaming because it really works both ways. We get some silly decisions going our way and sometimes it's the opposite. And sometimes refs miss something and sometimes they see something that really wasn't there. And I'm screaming as much as everyone when decisions go against us BUT I've reffed some games when I was younger and you really have to call it in the heat of the moment. I'm also not a conspiration theorist. There is no great anti-City conspiracy. Besides, I would hate "roborefs". Discussing (arguing) about calls is one of the charms of the game, isn't it.

Having said all that, the ref yesterday was beyond terrible. Yes, he got calls wrong but what's worse is that he completely lost the hold of the game. I really expect the league to take a look at the tape of the game.

BUT, I went through the trouble of watching the game again with my lad this morning because he was on mates birthday yesterday and I HAD to stop the tape right after that Aguero "challenge" before slow motion stuff and handbags waving. Everyone blaming ref for that need to take a look at it again with calm head. It was REALLY terrible. Kun was going for straight for his knee and there's really no excuse for the behaviour afterwards. Let's face it, our lads acted like cunts. Also I might sound like one of the cuntish family stand dads but I do think the older players need to recognise their status as rolemodels for kids. You know what, I've always enjoyed watching youth football even before my kids and when Christiano Ronaldo became the star that he is today with rags you stated to see something you never saw in youth football before, kids diving.

I bet no one read this far.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby mr_nool » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:57 am

I agree on Aguero's tackle being a horrific one. He deserves a lengthy ban - 4 games almost seems lenient. He could easily have broken Luiz's leg.

However, I don't think the rest of the City players did much wrong. If the opponents crowd in on one of yours, you get stuck in for him, no matter what he's done.

I think Stones got it spot on on MotD. You can't defend the tackle, but it was ridiculous that Fern getting a red was the only outcome of the brawl that followed.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:11 am

Just a little amendment to what I wrote above:

Kun's tackle was really bad, but it's one that I've seen Rooney make hundreds of times without even getting a yellow.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Justified logic » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:27 am

We played the ref and the ref won
We played the ref and the cunt won
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:32 am

mr_nool wrote:Just a little amendment to what I wrote above:

Kun's tackle was really bad, but it's one that I've seen Rooney make hundreds of times without even getting a yellow.

Scholes made those type of tackles every week.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:34 am

The hypocrisy of yesterdays "performance" by Anthony Taylor is overwhelming in the media and on tv ..................

All very FIFA like !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:40 am

mr_nool wrote:Just a little amendment to what I wrote above:

Kun has that in his locker and he does see the "red mist" when provoked ! There is footage of him and Luiz on social media of a similar tackle 3 years ago so there is clearly no love lost between the two players . Anthony Taylor was the factor that caused the mayhem yesterday and even during that nonsense the bent cunt STILL chose NOT to send ANY Chelsea players off when CLEARLY he SHOULD have sent at least two Chelsea plays off .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:50 am

F1 done himself no favours by repeatedly grabbing that rat by the throat. Deserved what he got. Fabregas should have seen red for provoking and Luiz shouldn't have been on the pitch for sure.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:07 am

'to understand all is to forgive all'
Voltaire, an old French groundsman
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:12 am

So, by the ref not sending off Luiz when he should, led to 2 of our players seeing red.

And who says officials can't influence the game.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:15 am

Beefymcfc wrote:So, by the ref not sending off Luiz when he should, led to 2 of our players seeing red.

Just showed Costa's clear hand ball for their equaliser on Goals on Sunday. First time that angle has been let out of the Sky vault.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:32 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:So, by the ref not sending off Luiz when he should, led to 2 of our players seeing red.

Just showed Costa's clear hand ball for their equaliser on Goals on Sunday. First time that angle has been let out of the Sky vault.

The whole game was shown in favour of Chelsea. For the amount of cameras they have in the stadium they only seem to show what they want to, rather than the the best for each incident. I still didn't get to see the penalty incident which we usually get 5 or 6 replays.

I do wonder if we will see retrospective bans for their sub who pushed Aguero and Fabregas for the slap and play acting to get Fern sent off. Surely they can't just leave it be?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum