The Worse Refereeing Performance You've Seen

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Worse Refereeing Performance You've Seen

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:06 pm

zuricity wrote:Second half , Navas bundled off the ball . Possibly ok though and a bit too close to call. Navas tugs at the players shirt . This twat of a referee , blows his whistle for a foul and had absolutely no problem , no hesitation to get out a yellow card . It wasn't necessary , Navas had been a good boy until then, no need for the card . It just shows how the guy had no idea what was going on in this game.

From the many pictures where he was holding his earpiece I'm sure he knew exactly what was going on in the game. In fact, I'd say he was refereeing it from off-field.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:12 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
gillie wrote:The thread title should read "Referee has an outstanding display obeying Premier League bosses orders to stop Man filthy arab money City from competing on a level playing field." Bent fucking league we are trying to compete in and it will only get worse with the upturn in the grief merchants fortunes.

Watching the Rags and Dippers games the ref helped both teams out very early on. Rags got the help of Rojo not going while Dippers got a nice call on a penalty that they should've conceded. But the ref's weren't daft, they given them the call and couldn't make it look obvious, unlike in our game where it was predetermined that anything that would hinder us and aid the Chavs, was given.

Remember the build up to the game where every outlet had the Chavs down to win and go 4 points clear at the top but no mention at all of us going 2 clear? If that wasn't predetermined then I don't know what is.

But back to the point, once the ref couldn't be so obvious and give them all the calls it gave the opposition a chance to play on a level field. And that allowed them to actually score, or in the Cherries case, turn the game completely on its head.

Some people may think you're mistaken Beefy, but it's the only reasonable explanation of what's happening.

It's very hard to take because every single one if us just want to see fair arbitration of the sport and walk away thinking your team has done the best. Seeing what we're seeing, on a regular basis, is turning the perception of our game to one of the WWE where we are the baddiebthat needs to be brought down, smashed in the back by a cheap aluminium chair while the ref is looking the other way.

It degrades the game we love but obviously gives them credit elsewhere, and that elsewhere we all know about. The Rag/Dipper/Arse loving plastics who pay their Sky bills.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby getdressedmctavish » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:08 am

Thoughtful stuff lads. So why did Mourinio get banned for his comments Taylor shouldn't ref United v Liverpool? Oh silly me, why cant I see it? He actually was delighted Taylor was reffing and getting himself banned was a cunning plan so that people wouldn't learn that it was actually Sir Alex Ferguson on the other end of Taylor's headphones. Alternatively, grow up and realise that if your striker fucks up four simple chances and your best player hits the bar from I foot nine, you aint winning anything.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Dimples » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:42 am

getdressedmctavish wrote:Thoughtful stuff lads. So why did Mourinio get banned for his comments Taylor shouldn't ref United v Liverpool? Oh silly me, why cant I see it? He actually was delighted Taylor was reffing and getting himself banned was a cunning plan so that people wouldn't learn that it was actually Sir Alex Ferguson on the other end of Taylor's headphones. Alternatively, grow up and realise that if your striker fucks up four simple chances and your best player hits the bar from I foot nine, you aint winning anything.

Are you seriously suggesting it is a level playing field?
Add peno for Spurs to Rojo and Dippers penalty not given again'st them.
Big games are usually won by small margins. So a couple of key decisions by a ref is usually enough to swing it and get away with it a la Spurs, dippers, rags this w/e.
Us Vs. Chavs was a different level. They did not try to cover up. If you cannot see that then look at the match again. See if you still keep the same opinion.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby dazby » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:02 am

I think this was easily in the top five worst we've had. I got so upset yelling at the TV Saturday night I woke up my wife. Argument ensues.

The Fergie time derby goal is the last time I've felt well and truly burgled. That was a timing issue. This was an incompetence/cheating issue.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Dameerto » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:31 am

Dimples wrote:
getdressedmctavish wrote:Thoughtful stuff lads. So why did Mourinio get banned for his comments Taylor shouldn't ref United v Liverpool? Oh silly me, why cant I see it? He actually was delighted Taylor was reffing and getting himself banned was a cunning plan so that people wouldn't learn that it was actually Sir Alex Ferguson on the other end of Taylor's headphones. Alternatively, grow up and realise that if your striker fucks up four simple chances and your best player hits the bar from I foot nine, you aint winning anything.

Are you seriously suggesting it is a level playing field?
Add peno for Spurs to Rojo and Dippers penalty not given again'st them.
Big games are usually won by small margins. So a couple of key decisions by a ref is usually enough to swing it and get away with it a la Spurs, dippers, rags this w/e.
Us Vs. Chavs was a different level. They did not try to cover up. If you cannot see that then look at the match again. See if you still keep the same opinion.

I think it's the Premier League trying to protect it's (extremely valuable) 'product' by helping certain (very marketable) narratives, like Leicester's fairytale last season and Chelsea's reversal of fortunes this season.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Original Dub » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:15 am

Grow up and realise what?

The whole world could see how corrupt that referee was on Saturday. The whole fucking world.

We would be talking about a fucking cricket score if he had done his job properly. Not two or three missed chances determining the outcome.
We were shafted in broad daylight. You don't even need to be a grown up to see that.

It is almost impossible to win a football match if the referee is bent.
Original Dub

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:30 am

'The referee I do not talk about. It is better.'
Pep on Saturday's game in the CL press conference.
Last edited by johnny crossan on Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PeterParker » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:36 am

johnny crossan wrote:'It is better I do not speak about the referee.'

PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby City64 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:07 pm

PeterParker wrote:

"Mama mia you fucking bent bald rag cunt , mama mia "
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dimples » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:00 pm

The brawl was a chance for Taylor to use his initiative and be 'pro-active'. He grabbed the opp with both hands.

City: Kun kicks out - red card. Fern1 retaliates - red card.
Chelsea: Chalobah pushes Kun to the ground. Yellow card. No retrospective action. Fabregas slaps Fern1. Yellow card. No retrospective action.

Add the above to the other 'decisions' in our match: no penalties given, no red cards during match, every decision going again'st us, etc...
That means Taylor is just one of many that implements corrupt PL policy because
Rojo not sent off, Spurs dodgy penalty to set them up, Dippers no penalty again'st them.....this sort of stuff happens all the time.

So what are the club going to do about it?
Walk away from a £billion investment - not going to happen. Take it on the chin - not a chance.
It will be dealt with by the club - ruthlessly. The playing field will be leveled.
But how? Stuff boards with your people, take legal action, withdraw from business deals, etc...

Just curious how very powerful business billionaires (a State really) sorts this out and how long it would take?
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Slim » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:12 pm

I don't think this was the worst I've seen. I think it was an amazing performance if a little blatant.

Taylor did his job perfectly as I doubt it was him calling the shots.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:43 pm

Tom Henning Ovrebo's performance in the Chelsea v Barca CL semi final 2009 was probably worse than this, TBH.

It's close though.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:14 pm

PeterParker wrote:

Loved it when Bobby took the ref's to task, he made it very clear what was happening and it curtailed the stupid calls they were making. What changed though was that the Rags started getting even more calls in their favour so later on Paddy V took them to task on behalf of the club once more, and that's when we seen a more level playing field and we were able to claw back the 8 point deficit.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:19 pm

Dimples wrote:The brawl was a chance for Taylor to use his initiative and be 'pro-active'. He grabbed the opp with both hands.

City: Kun kicks out - red card. Fern1 retaliates - red card.
Chelsea: Chalobah pushes Kun to the ground. Yellow card. No retrospective action. Fabregas slaps Fern1. Yellow card. No retrospective action.

Add the above to the other 'decisions' in our match: no penalties given, no red cards during match, every decision going again'st us, etc...
That means Taylor is just one of many that implements corrupt PL policy because
Rojo not sent off, Spurs dodgy penalty to set them up, Dippers no penalty again'st them.....this sort of stuff happens all the time.

So what are the club going to do about it?
Walk away from a £billion investment - not going to happen. Take it on the chin - not a chance.
It will be dealt with by the club - ruthlessly. The playing field will be leveled.
But how? Stuff boards with your people, take legal action, withdraw from business deals, etc...

Just curious how very powerful business billionaires (a State really) sorts this out and how long it would take?

I seem to remember the club putting something together a few years back and a few of the ref's disappeared from our duties/the game. Can't remember if it was Mason or Jones, but sure it was one of them. Didn't Walton also leave pretty sharpish? Not sure if that was us or him just escaping before he was caught.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:22 pm

Slim wrote:I don't think this was the worst I've seen. I think it was an amazing performance if a little blatant.

I doubt it as well. The amount of times he had his finger to his earpiece it was if somebody else was refereeing the game.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:24 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Tom Henning Ovrebo's performance in the Chelsea v Barca CL semi final 2009 was probably worse than this, TBH.

It's close though.

I was referring to City mate but to be honest, that was when you knew the game was bent and that the powers that be decide the outcome of games.

Anybody remember the Sun Jihai penalty or the Horlock Hard Walking sending off?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:30 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Slim wrote:I don't think this was the worst I've seen. I think it was an amazing performance if a little blatant.

I doubt it as well. The amount of times he had his finger to his earpiece it was if somebody else was refereeing the game.

On coffee break this morning with two Rag colleagues.
Getting a harmless ribbing about how well behaved our team was and congrats on keeping 11 on the field etc.
Anyway got talking seriously about the refereeing and pointed out exactly that, regarding the earpiece and directives seemingly coming from elsewhere.
Both of them agreed with me that things are balanced towards the higher supported teams. One in particular has been pretty disillusioned with the way the game is going for years. He reckons there is too much money in it for it not to be bent and acknowledges that United are beneficiaries.

If it's not bent then there is no reason not to come up to date with modern officiating technology.
Let's hear what is going on like in the Rugby, for a start.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:02 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Getting a harmless ribbing about how well behaved our team was and congrats on keeping 11 on the field etc.
Anyway got talking seriously about the refereeing and pointed out exactly that, regarding the earpiece and directives seemingly coming from elsewhere.
Both of them agreed with me that things are balanced towards the higher supported teams. One in particular has been pretty disillusioned with the way the game is going for years. He reckons there is too much money in it for it not to be bent and acknowledges that United are beneficiaries.

If it's not bent then there is no reason not to come up to date with modern officiating technology.

My step son is a Rag but used to have a ST for us. He was always under the impression that the Rags get harsh decisions so I started to point out incidents in games, for them and against us. I didn't force it but just pointed it out. Over the last few years, with the Rags not getting the calls they got under Taggart, he quite openly admit that we get a hard ride whilst the Rags still get a fairly good one. We'll sit there watching each others games and he just gives me that look now, embarrassed when they get the call, smirking when we get a dodgy call against us.

Also, my City mate who will have nothing about the agenda/bias is officially turned. He would always argue that ref's makes mistakes, the speed of the game or just too hard to call. He was a due hard and didn't want to see the same for what it is, he loves the romance. Not anymore, and that was well before the weekends bullshit.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:37 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

My step son is a Rag but used to have a ST for us. He was always under the impression that the Rags get harsh decisions so I started to point out incidents in games, for them and against us. I didn't force it but just pointed it out. Over the last few years, with the Rags not getting the calls they got under Taggart, he quite openly admit that we get a hard ride whilst the Rags still get a fairly good one. We'll sit there watching each others games and he just gives me that look now, embarrassed when they get the call, smirking when we get a dodgy call against us.

Also, my City mate who will have nothing about the agenda/bias is officially turned. He would always argue that ref's makes mistakes, the speed of the game or just too hard to call. He was a due hard and didn't want to see the same for what it is, he loves the romance. Not anymore, and that was well before the weekends bullshit.

It almost makes you wish that the Sky/BT/FA/PL/PIGMOB consortium would do something idiotic by importing their own CL Anthem equivalent, to be played before each PL game.

Our fans could then enjoy themselves by booing to their hearts content whenever it was played.

This would ensure that the Club would probably be perpetually fined, but it would be very therapeutic.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum