Fernandinho & Aguero suspensions

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fernandinho & Aguero suspensions

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:22 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Im glad it kicked off....sick and tired of our players getting fouled and no city player makes a noise about it.

If we are going to do it we might as well do it like today.

We were the better team...end of.

We will still win the league.

I agree with this. The most bent ref imaginable in favour of the opposition who are top of the league and we have more of the ball, more chances, better chances and should have won the game v 14 men.

It is not all doom and gloom. Far from it.

In a sense I am pleased Aguero has finally got this out of his system. It has been coming since that bent twat Jones booked him instead of giving a pen v Southampton. It has been an orchestrated campaign by the referees to give him nothing. He gets little kicks time after time, game after game,, as does Silva. They have shown enormous patience in not snapping a lot earlier.

It's just a shame it wasn't the ref Sergio slid in on. I couldn't play with taylor refereeing. I'd slap the weasley little red twat.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:05 am

LookMumImOnMCF.net wrote:Sergio's lunge was fucking pathetic. You could see it happening from the moment he lost possession of the ball. Fair enough he's frustrated with today's result but if he just thought for a second the game was gone and he's seriously jeopardised future games.

If Iheanacho is good enough to be playing then play him, he's not getting enough game time. I think Pep's perception of the difference in quality between Iheanacho and Aguero and refusing to give him minutes is making Aguero complacent. Fucking Džeko off for Bony was the start of all this shit.

london blue 2 wrote: You can add otter to the title...

He's not a big loss.

I think we will actually benefit from that.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby freshie » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:07 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Im glad it kicked off....sick and tired of our players getting fouled and no city player makes a noise about it.

I agree with this. The most bent ref imaginable in favour of the opposition who are top of the league and we have more of the ball, more chances, better chances and should have won the game v 14 men.

In a sense I am pleased Aguero has finally got this out of his system. It has been coming since that bent twat Jones booked him instead of giving a pen v Southampton. It has been an orchestrated campaign by the referees to give him nothing. He gets little kicks time after time, game after game,, as does Silva. They have shown enormous patience in not snapping a lot earlier.

It's just a shame it wasn't the ref Sergio slid in on. I couldn't play with taylor refereeing. I'd slap the weasley little red twat.

I agree. Sometimes I think we are too nice and it goes against us. The rest of the big teams play dirty and get away with it. In a way I'm glad it kicked off at the end and the players showed some steel and passion. Loved it when Kelechi went steaming in and Fernandinho went in to back him up

We are more than good enough to win the league and I still believe we are the best team in the Prem
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Socrates » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:06 am

We aren't out of it, that's for sure. I understand the players' frustration too.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:06 am

Socrates wrote:

We aren't out of it, that's for sure. I understand the players' frustration too.

I thought the bright spark today was Sane , thought he played very well and there were many other positives.
Bravo is a fuckign worry , what pissed me off more than anything about him was the second goal , just stood there like a fuckign manequin , anyother goalie would have done more - Im losing my patience with him if not lost it altogether.

Otamendi is no more than a squad player - 100% we will see his replacement in the starting 11in the very near future.

4 points is nothing and of we are still 4 points behind after the next 5 games then we will be fine going into the second half of the season.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:09 am

freshie wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

I agree. Sometimes I think we are too nice and it goes against us. The rest of the big teams play dirty and get away with it. In a way I'm glad it kicked off at the end and the players showed some steel and passion. Loved it when Kelechi went steaming in and Fernandinho went in to back him up

We are more than good enough to win the league and I still believe we are the best team in the Prem

I was more annoyed not more of them got involved, where was ians back up?? Where were all the hard men with the tattoos hiding? As per usual only bloke with a set of balls in the team was trying to do the job of ten men, fernandinho, jus like all season hes fronting up while the rest hide. The pack of whimps we have now wont win a thing.

The main positive from the game for me is otamendi is out. One of the shittest defenders we have had, give me mangala any day of the week. Id prob take nastasic and dare i say savic over him and thats saying something.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Socrates » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:37 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Socrates wrote:

I thought the bright spark today was Sane , thought he played very well and there were many other positives.
Bravo is a fuckign worry , what pissed me off more than anything about him was the second goal , just stood there like a fuckign manequin , anyother goalie would have done more - Im losing my patience with him if not lost it altogether.

Otamendi is no more than a squad player - 100% we will see his replacement in the starting 11in the very near future.

4 points is nothing and of we are still 4 points behind after the next 5 games then we will be fine going into the second half of the season.

Agree on Bravo and Otamendi. Sane showed some promise agreed also Silva did some sublime stuff that pulled them apart only for others to fuck it up. If he continues in that form we'll be fine without Kun.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:42 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Agree with all of this but especially Sane. As per usual some people fail to realise what is the role of a winger. This guy keeps challenging players and does really well. Sure the end product is missing somewhat but people seem to forget that he is 20. I think he is going to be really really good for us just as long as he is coached up properly which I have no doubt Pep will do. VERY impressive youngster.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:37 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:

Agree with all this. I've said it before, I wish we still had a Tiatto playing that would just snap a fucker when we're getting booted up and down. Too many of those players are fannies and if I was Fern I would have told them in the changing rooms afterwards.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:07 am

Were not good enough to win the league. We dont have a defence good enough. That is apart from the fact we can't take a reasonable % of our chances either.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:15 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I thought the bright spark today was Sane , thought he played very well and there were many other positives.
Otamendi is no more than a squad player - 100% we will see his replacement in the starting 11 in the very near future.

You're my morning tonic carl, exactly so, when Sane got going up front we could see the real calibre of player that Pep bought.
On the bright side for Aguero is that this will boost his fading popularity back home, breaking Brazilians is always a plus point out there.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby littlebig » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:05 am

Never like to see cuntery from any player let alone one of ours!

I love Sergio but fuck off Sergio.

Fernandinho fair enough as he was provoked, didn't react much but still a red.

Can understand people saying great to see ours in fight mode but it doesn't do anything positive for club image. I don't think we've ever been considered a cunty team so don't want to start now.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:49 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Agree with all of this but especially Sane. As per usual some people fail to realise what is the role of a winger. This guy keeps challenging players and does really well. Sure the end product is missing somewhat but people seem to forget that he is 20. I think he is going to be really really good for us just as long as he is coached up properly which I have no doubt Pep will do. VERY impressive youngster.

That one touch pass to Aguero (From a lob from silva, I think it was) was fuckign sublime......Aguero should have buried it.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:50 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:I thought the bright spark today was Sane , thought he played very well and there were many other positives.
Otamendi is no more than a squad player - 100% we will see his replacement in the starting 11 in the very near future.

You're my morning tonic carl, exactly so, when Sane got going up front we could see the real calibre of player that Pep bought.
On the bright side for Aguero is that this will boost his fading popularity back home, breaking Brazilians is always a plus point out there.

Aguero being out is not a train smash..we do alright without him in any case , also Nacho has the chance to start a few games in his absence.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby aaron bond » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:03 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Missing Fern for three games will be a big miss. That said I believe he has played in every game so far so a rest may do him some good. Is Delph anywhere near fit yet? Fernando or Yaya could step in. Garcia as well. Midfielders we have a number of.

Aguero missing for four games may end up costing us the title. Much as Iheanacho's cameos are brilliant, when he has started he has looked very different and not in a good way. Sadly, he reminds me a little bit of Solksjaer in that he seemed to be a better option from the bench rather than as a starter, let alone the focal point of the attack.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the false nine return for the next PL fixture.

Regardless of what kicks a player has had throughout the game and whether he has perceived injustices to retaliate is plain stupidity. You can never change a referees opinion or decision and all the two players have done is put the club in a bad light and limited the options for the manager for subsequent games. I have very little sympathy

We've got ourselves in this situation.

Buying loads of midfielders and having limited striker options and only shit defenders.

We've gone from Aguero/Tevez/Dzeko/Balotelli or Aguero/Dzeko/Negredo/Jovetic to Aguero plus Iheanacho (who never plays). I hope Gabriel Jesus steps up but we've already lost half a season and it'll probably take a while for him to adjust.

Generally just very poor planning.

You're not happy with PG?

More with Txiki, as ultimately he's responsible for player recruitment, and we've wasted an awful lot of money in the last few years.

I'm still glad we have Pep, based on his success with Barca and Bayern, but the reality is we aren't really any better than last season. We've had the easiest start to the season vs. our rivals and don't look like we can beat any of them.

Our only good defender is Sagna and he needs a run of games after his injury. I never wanted Stones before he joined but as we've paid £50m for him we need to see what he's got and if he can turn into the player so many think he can.

Tosin should get some game time. Whether he makes it at this level or not is to be determined, but he cannot be any worse than Kolarov or Otamendi.

I agree with both of your posts there 007. I think you are spot on.....it's very frustrating but this will take a while to fix. I'm not sure our current recruitment team will sort this though.

Our recruitment policy has been lousy for the last few years now.

From 2010-2013 we had a squad of players who could rival the best in the world. Now we have a few excellent players and a lot of not very good players (despite continually spending significant amounts).

We have a great chairman and CEO, but a poor Director of Football. That's the reality.

But Pep has to take some blame also at the moment. To go into the biggest match of the season with Otamendi-Stones-Kolarov as your defence is abysmal and he has to take the blame for that.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby mr_nool » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:22 pm

aaron bond wrote:I agree with both of your posts there 007. I think you are spot on.....it's very frustrating but this will take a while to fix. I'm not sure our current recruitment team will sort this though.

Our recruitment policy has been lousy for the last few years now.

From 2010-2013 we had a squad of players who could rival the best in the world. Now we have a few excellent players and a lot of not very good players (despite continually spending significant amounts).

We have a great chairman and CEO, but a poor Director of Football. That's the reality.

But Pep has to take some blame also at the moment. To go into the biggest match of the season with Otamendi-Stones-Kolarov as your defence is abysmal and he has to take the blame for that.[/quote]

I don't really know what he could have done differently if I'm honest, apart from maybe playing Sagna. He clearly doesn't think the kids are ready and Zabba's lack of pace would have been a nightmare. And we all saw how poor Clichy was when he came on.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Justified logic » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:28 pm

Florida Blue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:I thought the last-minute shenanigans ultimately derived from Mr Taylor and his idiocy.

Exactly, had he controlled the match, actually called it evenly, Luiz is not on the pitch and none of this happens. 100% the refs fault (not the result, rather the brawl)

Quite. We've lost at home before, and badly, without any of this brawling nonsense. Referee totally to blame for the circumstances in which the brawl took place.

I spent a long time away from football as I was fed up with it for several reasons. Feel like leaving it again until video replays are used and the game is cleaned up. Really dejected.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:38 pm

As a way of just trying to bring the referee's part in yesterday's game under the microscope, did we ought to consider appealing against the red cards, with all that that would entail ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:47 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:As a way of just trying to bring the referee's part in yesterday's game under the microscope, did we ought to consider appealing against the red cards, with all that that would entail ??

The only thing that would come from an appeal is extended bans. Aguero's foul was really poor and that's being generous. Had that been Costa on Stones we'd have been spitting blood. He deserves whatever he gets. Fernandinho had Fabregas by the throat a couple of times. Of course, he was provoked by being slapped but you simply cannot retaliate. If anything the club should try to bring charges against Fabregas and Chaloboah for their part in it all. That said we run the risk of Iheanacho getting dragged into it as he wasn't without blame in the melee.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:59 pm

johnny crossan wrote:There is nothing good about this. Aguero will be banned for at least four matches and Fernandinho for at least three. This is the last thing we need and the kicking of Luiz is indefensible.

Fuck Em we will not go far wrong with that passion, Sergio does not like Sponge Bob. :evil:
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum