****City v Chavs Official Matchday Thread****

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ****City v Chavs Official Matchday Thread****

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:53 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Seems either the players or Pep are slow learners. Probably both.
Today was simply dreadful.

Take the chances Sponge Bob off its 6-0. Blame the fookers who missed chance after fookin chance, oh and Otter is a liability.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:20 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Diabolical ref but the game was lost by our poor finishing when we were on top after 50 minutes or so, and then our poor defending. Chelsea's finishing on the other hand was clinical in the last thirty minutes.

Not a title decider though.

Longball over the top, turn the defence, goal.

Perfectly demonstrated by Chelsea and one that I was dreading since the start of the season. Other teams must be rubbing their hands at what they saw today.

I know that the high pressing game is almost the essential fibre of Pep's being but, given the nature of the defenders at his disposal, coupled with an overall lack of pace, should our Manager now review his options and possibly consider, as an interim measure until he gets the players he needs, to try defending a little deeper ??

This might hopefully address, to some small degree, the fatal simplicity of the 'long ball over the top' that our opponents will probably employ more and more against us and stop us getting caught out quite so easily.

In an analogous situation, given the players we have, what would Bobby Manc have done ??

I know this is a somewhat invidious comparison because he and Pep are different personalities, with different backgrounds and different philosophies altogether but, if our Manager is as tactically aware and astute as we believe him to be, then some thought surely must be given to the problem of conceding goals the way we re doing at the moment.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby failsworthblue » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:35 pm

The game changed after the KDB miss , if that would have gone in then different story.

We were doing ok until then , but our defence is weak and we have no real ball winning midfielder.

Work in progress , defence needs major surgery.

Seems Pep has made one big mistake though and that is Bravo , Hart is twice the goalie.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:57 pm

I'm so angry and depressed by the thought of today's events that I'm going round to the neighbour's house to see if she wants her dog taking for a walk........and picking up those dog droppings in the little plastic bags is such a bind :evil: :evil: :evil:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:15 pm

Terrible result today it would have been game over if Ginger Kev had not missed that sitter. We played some great football but our finishing really let us down.

On the balance of play we were robbed today but you can't excuse how bad our defence and Bravo in particular were when conceding those goals, can't help but feel sick after it.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:30 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Mase wrote:
FA cup winners 2006 wrote:So Sergio and Fern now out until Boxing day. They may as well take 10 days rest and recharge.

The rest will have to step up and score the goals. Maybe a bleasing in disguise. They wont have anyone to hide behind now

I'd make them both go to every hospital in greater Manchester and visit the children's ward over Christmas whilst we have a game.

That's a good call - make them step up and do some City in the Community work. And work their bollocks off.

Could not agree more Mase. In fact Aguero and Fernandinho should be docked a weeks wages and they should be given to charity. Plenty of deserving folks need help at this time of year. They have let everyone down associated with City today
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby aaron bond » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:06 pm

Our finishing let us down, but I doubt there's a worse defensive line-up in the league than Otamendi-Stones-Kolarov.

Two absolutely useless players and another who's learning the ropes but mostly a little bit rubbish at defending.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:23 pm

I found it very strange that he took Stones off instead of Otter....after all he was on a yellow and Stones is just a better defender.
The ref was truly awful...as were the Sky commentary and pundits. One positive is that we carved the Chelsea defence open time after time but some of the decision makin in front of goal was appalling though. That Chelsea mix up which led to Aguero being one on one had to be a goal...a little pull back and two players waiting for a tap in.
Later the Brown lost his cool and hit the crossbar because he thought he was running into the goal post !
Chelsea are a very good side and we were better for most of the game. The end....well, we just lost it...I am OK with Nacho playing the next few games he needs a run and he will score.
My biggest concern of all is Bravo...just not commanding in any way....I would feel a lot happier with Joe, and I guess so would our defence.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:25 pm

Spuds and arse scored 5 so far...
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:32 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Diabolical ref but the game was lost by our poor finishing when we were on top after 50 minutes or so, and then our poor defending. Chelsea's finishing on the other hand was clinical in the last thirty minutes.

Not a title decider though.

Longball over the top, turn the defence, goal.

Perfectly demonstrated by Chelsea and one that I was dreading since the start of the season. Other teams must be rubbing their hands at what they saw today.

I know that the high pressing game is almost the essential fibre of Pep's being but, given the nature of the defenders at his disposal, coupled with an overall lack of pace, should our Manager now review his options and possibly consider, as an interim measure until he gets the players he needs, to try defending a little deeper ??

This might hopefully address, to some small degree, the fatal simplicity of the 'long ball over the top' that our opponents will probably employ more and more against us and stop us getting caught out quite so easily.

In an analogous situation, given the players we have, what would Bobby Manc have done ??

I know this is a somewhat invidious comparison because he and Pep are different personalities, with different backgrounds and different philosophies altogether but, if our Manager is as tactically aware and astute as we believe him to be, then some thought surely must be given to the problem of conceding goals the way we re doing at the moment.

Interesting thoughts mate, hopefully some more educated than us will take action.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby dick dastardley » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:34 pm

Watching motd otter fuck off please, bravo fuck off, kolorov fuck off that is all thank you
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:42 pm

dick dastardley wrote:Watching motd otter fuck off please, bravo fuck off, kolorov fuck off that is all thank you

Analysis was fair wasn't it. Even Sutton said ref bottled it and Luiz should have been off.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby dick dastardley » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:54 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:Watching motd otter fuck off please, bravo fuck off, kolorov fuck off that is all thank you

Analysis was fair wasn't it. Even Sutton said ref bottled it and Luiz should have been off.

Analysis spot on from both pundits
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:57 pm

dick dastardley wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

They were having a competition to see whose description of the foul on Luiz would help get Sergio the longest ban.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dub City » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:59 pm

london blue 2 wrote:

Looked a pen on Gundogen in first half aswell. Suspected it must be when Sky didn't show any replays of it
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:00 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

They were having a competition to see whose description of the Luiz foul would help get Sergio the longest ban.

He deserves what comes his way. Even if they throw the book at him. That was disgusting, he really let the club and fans down.

One of Aguero best traits is that he's not a cunty player... or at least he wasn't.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:11 pm

This is a bloke who gets kicked from pillar to post week after week. He even gets booked for being fouled. I can understand his frustration. It has been building for several seasons.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum