****City v Chavs Official Matchday Thread****

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ****City v Chavs Official Matchday Thread****

Postby halnone » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:00 pm

Hart in
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Philng65 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:01 pm

So one forward for next 3 games in kelechi. Squad is weaker than time gone by when we had tevez Aguero dzeko negredo and had a team capable of winning games 1 0 . Man Utd at home comes to mind.
This team is just not capable of winning big matches 1 0. Didn't hart win golden glove for most clean sheets in last few years?
Philng65
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Mcfc
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:02 pm

The game's final score and the two red cards will give the media more than enough ammunition to really have a go at vilifying us, from all sorts of different angles.

They'll have an absolute field day.

They'll be able to dine out long and hard for weeks on this and, sadly, the criminally corrupt part the referee played in these 'proceedings' will be submerged far out of sight, to never see the light of day.

Today, we've been played hook, line and sinker.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby IanWright » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:04 pm

It was a shame today for the game to pan out as it did. Neville was making out that it was a great game, advert for the Premier League, blah blah blah. It really wasn't.

I can't see Chelsea stuttering now. I hope they do- a few FA cup replays thrown in might just lead to some fixture congestion- but I think they'll win the league from this point
"If you asked 100 people, 99 would say Adebayor was wrong. The 100th would be Mark Hughes." Arsene Wenger
IanWright
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Arsenal
My favourite player is: Paul Merson

Postby dazby » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:08 pm

Ref - shite.
Players - shite.
People who pay money to watch -shite.

This was such a good game but went to shite so quickly.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:11 pm

Diabolical ref but the game was lost by our poor finishing when we were on top after 50 minutes or so, and then our poor defending. Chelsea's finishing on the other hand was clinical in the last thirty minutes.

Not a title decider though.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:19 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:The game's final score and the two red cards will give the media more than enough ammunition to really have a go at vilifying us, from all sorts of different angles.

They'll have an absolute field day.

They'll be able to dine out long and hard for weeks on this and, sadly, the criminally corrupt part the referee played in these 'proceedings' will be submerged far out of sight, to never see the light of day.

Today, we've been played hook, line and sinker.

Yep. The smug look on Sky's lead said it all. They aren't there to report the football, they're there to provide a product that the majority want to see. Nobody can tell me that they dont influence games behind the scenes, especially when you're paying the Sims they have.

We are the media villain, today was not just a good day, it was a great day for the amount of coverage they can report.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:21 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Diabolical ref but the game was lost by our poor finishing when we were on top after 50 minutes or so, and then our poor defending. Chelsea's finishing on the other hand was clinical in the last thirty minutes.

Longball over the top, turn the defence, goal.

Perfectly demonstrated by Chelsea and one that I was dreading since the start of the season. Other teams must be rubbing their hands at what they saw today.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:23 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Diabolical ref but the game was lost by our poor finishing when we were on top after 50 minutes or so, and then our poor defending. Chelsea's finishing on the other hand was clinical in the last thirty minutes.

Perfectly demonstrated by Chelsea and one that I was dreading since the start of the season. Other teams must be rubbing their hands at what they saw today.

It's that simple.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:45 pm

Philng65 wrote:So one forward for next 3 games in kelechi. Squad is weaker than time gone by when we had tevez Aguero dzeko negredo and had a team capable of winning games 1 0 . Man Utd at home comes to mind.
This team is just not capable of winning big matches 1 0. Didn't hart win golden glove for most clean sheets in last few years?

Correct. The regression over the last couple of years is startling. We have a few top players but alot of bang average players in the squad. We don't win the big games like we did a few years ago. We best the Rags but I'm struggling to remember us going to a big team and winning. These players are not good enough to win the league.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:52 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

That's the terrible bit. We were REALLY exposed today. They will all be watching tape of that game and saying "that's how you beat City".

Pep needs to fo to work. And that includes both players and his precious system.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Dameerto » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:12 pm

Mase wrote:
FA cup winners 2006 wrote:So Sergio and Fern now out until Boxing day. They may as well take 10 days rest and recharge.

The rest will have to step up and score the goals. Maybe a bleasing in disguise. They wont have anyone to hide behind now

I'd make them both go to every hospital in greater Manchester and visit the children's ward over Christmas whilst we have a game.

That's a good call - make them step up and do some City in the Community work. And work their bollocks off.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:20 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

That's the terrible bit. We were REALLY exposed today. They will all be watching tape of that game and saying "that's how you beat City".

Pep needs to fo to work. And that includes both players and his precious system.

Otamendi's yellow card means he'll miss the next game.

I wonder who will play in his place; if it's a back three, it might be Sagna, Stones and Kolarov. If Pep plays a back four, I wonder who will partner Stones in the middle ??

With a dearth of decent choices in defence and not a forward worth his salt in sight, our current prospects are just starting to look both bleak and grim.

Is it time to start bringing in some youngsters; sink or swim, they can't do any worse than what's going on at the moment, can they ??.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:24 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I'm struggling to see the system. Regardless of not scoring, we're creating chances, the biggest issue is the defence. It's so easy to walk through us and I cannot for the life if me see what Bravo brings. He doesn't control, he doesn't lead, he just puts players under pressure and fails to actually do his job; save goals.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PrezIke » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:25 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:3 at that back with hazard Pedro and moses running at them...

We do have Sane & Navas to help out an also cause them the same problems.

Navas and cause problems don't really good together.

Was our best player today turns out.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:29 pm

Not ruthless enough, and a ref who has confirmed everything we suspect him of! Sending offs mask the disgrace Taylor is.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:29 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:4 stars
no point in watching now

glad i didn't bother
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:43 pm

IanWright wrote:It was a shame today for the game to pan out as it did. Neville was making out that it was a great game, advert for the Premier League, blah blah blah. It really wasn't.

I can't see Chelsea stuttering now. I hope they do- a few FA cup replays thrown in might just lead to some fixture congestion- but I think they'll win the league from this point

I think you're right mate, it's already pre-ordained from what I saw today.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby HailNerdQueen » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:47 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Mase wrote:
FA cup winners 2006 wrote:So Sergio and Fern now out until Boxing day. They may as well take 10 days rest and recharge.

The rest will have to step up and score the goals. Maybe a bleasing in disguise. They wont have anyone to hide behind now

I'd make them both go to every hospital in greater Manchester and visit the children's ward over Christmas whilst we have a game.

That's a good call - make them step up and do some City in the Community work. And work their bollocks off.

This right here is a top notch idea. The get to come back fully rested and having helped out kids?
Win-win
HailNerdQueen
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: Sergio Agüero

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:47 pm

Seems either the players or Pep are slow learners. Probably both.
Today was simply dreadful.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum