City v celtic security checks

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

City v celtic security checks

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:59 pm

I can't remember city being this careful before. Either there has been a tip off or there have been thousands sold to celtic fans. However, if they are not wearing their colours on the night, they won't be turned away because of their accent.

It's going to be interesting. Be there early people and avoid the queues.

From Manchester City to all supporters attending the Etihad Stadium on Tuesday 6 December 2016

We would like to offer a very warm welcome to all supporters attending the forthcoming Manchester City v Celtic UEFA Champions League home match on Tuesday.

We are sure that we all share the same view that we want to enjoy the occasion and be thoroughly entertained in a safe environment. Please take the time to read below as it outlines a number of changes to the standard matchday operation that you need to be aware of.

1. To ensure a safe and secure matchday, we have implemented an additional ticket check upon arrival at the Etihad Campus. You will be required to show your Seasoncard, Cityzens Membership card or valid match ticket at the green fence, which is the perimeter line around the campus. Ticket checks will also be carried out for supporter's disembarking the Metrolink Etihad Campus stop. Only supporters with a valid match ticket will be allowed access to the campus and can therefore enter the stadium.

2. All home supporters who are collecting pre-purchased tickets for the Etihad Stadium may do so from the Ticket Collection Unit located on the plaza at the Academy Stadium. We are open from 9am until 8pm on matchday. You can access via the bridge over Alan Turing Way and must provide photo ID when collecting your tickets. Supporters are strongly advised to collect their tickets before 6:30pm.

3. All ticketing enquiries will be dealt with at the Ticket Trailer located on the plaza of the Academy Stadium or by calling Supporter Services on +44 (0)161 444 1894 (option 1, option 3). We will be open from 9am until 8pm on matchday.

4. There will be no tickets sales on Monday 5 December or Tuesday 6 December.

5. Turnstiles will open at 6:15pm, 90-minutes before kick-off.

6. You cannot drink alcohol in public places, around the stadium or in Manchester city centre, due to the Designated Public Places Order being in existence. The licensed premises around the stadium are for home supporters only.

7. We would like to remind all supporters that pyrotechnics are dangerous and are not welcome by the majority of fans. They cause breathing difficulties and we have had occasions when fans have panicked as a consequence of them being set off in the stadium. It is an offence to enter a stadium with such an item, or any prohibited item, and those engaging in this behaviour risk arrest, prosecution and the prospect of a football banning order.

8. We would please ask all fans not to engage in any form of offensive or racist chanting and we will be instructing police officers to take positive action against any supporter, home or away, who engages in this behaviour.

9. Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult (over 18) for all matches played at the Etihad Stadium. We advise you carry photo ID to prevent any issues entering the stadium.

10. It is important that you have purchased, and are in possession of, the correct ticket and that it is activated to allow you access on to the campus and in to the stadium.The Club accepts no liability for tickets purchased through unofficial channels.

11. All tickets are located in the home area for the use of Manchester City supporters only. The Club does not have a neutral area and visiting supporters identified in the home areas may face ejection.

We will be utilising social media to communicate with supporters leading up to the match and will use this method to pass on any relevant information in order to assist supporters to have a safe and enjoyable experience. Please follow @ManCityHelp to keep up to date with all the latest matchday information.

Thank you in advance for your continued support.
Manchester City Football Club
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: City v celtic security checks

Postby crowdsway » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:16 pm

Sounds like trouble,I heard there buying tours of the ground to gain access.
crowdsway
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby City64 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:40 pm

Too little too late , we all sore it coming it's going to kick off for sure all over the place .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:57 pm

I better not have any trouble getting in. Dying for this one.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dameerto » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:10 pm

I suspect (based on my gut instinct) there has been some information given to the club about suspected 'plans' involving the stadium (which haven't been made public) - it's been a few games this season where they seem to have been concerned about something.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Return to The Maine Football forum