But He Is Great With Ball at His Feet

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: But He Is Great With Ball at His Feet

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:40 pm

phips wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
phips wrote:has to go in the summer. Pep won't do it but he has to. he is absolutely shit as a goalkeeper.
yes he may be good with the ball at his feet but your #1 job as a goalkeeper is to stop shots and he simply cannot do that.

Summer? Jeesus christ, this guy is so terrible that he needs to go on monday.

i figured that was too unbelievable. heck, summer is too though. Pep is gonna ride with this guy whether we like it or not.
gonna have to get used to conceding lots of goals.

But this guy is making so basic errors. I'm actually more lenient than most when it comes to goalkeeper dropping odd blunder. Happens to everyone. However you look at the second AND third goal. For fucks sake U7 kids are thought to come forward in one-on -ones and make yourself as big as possible and make the goal as small as possible. Will he save it? Yes he could've conceded two one-on-ones and I would have no complaints. But this guy is standing at the FUCKING goal line (in third actually takinga step BACK). You'd get bollocking for that AT ANY LEVEL OF FOOTBALL AT ANY AGE, never mind fucking 33 year old Premier League goalkeeper.

Fucking hell, we could put David Silva in goal and he'd do better and he is even better passer than this joker.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby sheblue » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:43 pm

Someone tell him he is allowed to dive.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:47 pm

phips wrote:
phips wrote:has to go in the summer. Pep won't do it but he has to. he is absolutely shit as a goalkeeper.
yes he may be good with the ball at his feet but your #1 job as a goalkeeper is to stop shots and he simply cannot do that.

Summer? Jeesus christ, this guy is so terrible that he needs to go on monday.

i figured that was too unbelievable. heck, summer is too though. Pep is gonna ride with this guy whether we like it or not.
gonna have to get used to conceding lots of goals.

But this guy is making so basic errors. I'm actually more lenient than most when it comes to goalkeeper dropping odd blunder. Happens to everyone. However you look at the second AND third goal. For fucks sake U7 kids are thought to come forward in one-on -ones and make yourself as big as possible and make the goal as small as possible. Will he save it? Yes he could've conceded two one-on-ones and I would have no complaints. But this guy is standing at the FUCKING goal line (in third actually takinga step BACK).You'd get bollocking for that AT ANY LEVEL OF FOOTBALL AT ANY AGE, never mind fucking 33 year old Premier League goalkeeper.

Fucking hell, we could put David Silva in goal and he'd do better and he is even better passer than this joker.

Noticed that too. So insecure.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:50 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
That's another issue in itself CCJJ.

I don't think it necessarily is. You usually score less goals if you try to keep a tight defence and you usually let in more goals if you play attacking football, like Pellegrini for example. Pep's drilling us into a tight defensive unit and has sacrificed attacking threat to accomplish it. Problem is we're still leaking more than we should.

That, in a nutshell, is the exact issue.

The lack of firepower at our disposal to call on, is almost an insane dereliction of common sense.

However, it still doesn't excuse the lack of basic competence currently being exhibited by our 'back line'.

I agree, I was actually saying the exact opposite but must've expressed myself poorly. Pep's banking on a tight defence, which I can't blame him for seeing how poor it was during Pellegrini's last season, but it's letting us down. We need to attack more.

I don't think so chum.

We're all a little bit 'raw' at the moment so I probably wasn't thinking clearly enough about what what you were saying.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:56 pm

I have stood by Bravo but after today I can't. It's basic to narrow down angles. He literally just stood still. I think on the William goal he takes a bit of a heavy touch and Bravo should have been on him. Sadly he just stood there like a statue.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Dub City » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:14 pm

I have wanted to give bravo benefit of doubt and time to adjust and haven't thought he was doing to bad but fuck me how shite was he on that second goal. Dive you idiot you are allowed try and stop it. Maybe I was just slower to pick up on the problem than others but that was embarrassing from any keeper. Defence in front of him was shit aswell but still try and save it
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:24 pm

Sister of fu wrote:I have stood by Bravo but after today I can't. It's basic to narrow down angles. He literally just stood still. I think on the William goal he takes a bit of a heavy touch and Bravo should have been on him. Sadly he just stood there like a statue.

Hazard had a heavy touch as well. He opened the target twice and hot nowhere near the ball both times. I miss Joe
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:43 pm

Sister of fu wrote:I have stood by Bravo but after today I can't. It's basic to narrow down angles. He literally just stood still. I think on the William goal he takes a bit of a heavy touch and Bravo should have been on him. Sadly he just stood there like a statue.

For all of Joe'a faults he was out to close attackers down in a flash.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:50 pm

Mase wrote:

Hart is very good in these types of situations.
Sister of fu

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:52 pm

Mase wrote:

We don't know what went on behind the scenes with regard to Yaya, but he's now an active member of the squad again.

I just wonder if it's in Pep's nature to now acknowledge that Joe might just do a better job than Bravo and effect a 'U' turn and bring him back into the fold ??

Just musing.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:54 pm

Mase wrote:

What were "all" his faults? He was inconsistent with his delivery. Other than that? World class shot stopper, great leader and one of the best in one-on-ones. We were spoiled and failed to realise that we had one of the best goalkeepers in the world in our hands.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby freshie » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:04 pm

He just doesn't make saves. Pep's dropped a bollock with this one - hope he's man enough to admit it. Bring back joe. He might not be able to pass a ball but I reckon we would have at least got a draw today with him

Bravo plus our shambles of a defence will cost us titles. Clichy, kolarov, otamendi and bravo need to go
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:42 pm

freshie wrote:

He just doesn't make saves. Pep's dropped a bollock with this one - hope he's man enough to admit it. Bring back joe. He might not be able to pass a ball but I reckon we would have at least got a draw today with him

Bravo plus our shambles of a defence will cost us titles. Clichy, kolarov, otamendi and bravo need to go

For as bad as Bravo was Kolo and Otto were equally as bad. Otto can not stop diving in and that's suicide if you do it on the half way line against players with pace and your CB partner looking like someone who is running in treacle.

We need to find a CB that has a brain, positional sense and a bit of pace, pretty much Kompany 4 seasons ago....
Sister of fu

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:51 pm

i'd love to know herb's thoughts on this matter
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby freshie » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:59 pm

I agree SoF Kolarov and Ottamendi were atrocious. I'd like us to sign Van Dijk
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:10 pm

Ffs Kolarov didn't put a foot wrong today!! He was left 1v1 with Hazard for the last goal.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:12 pm

Bravo wasn't totally to blame for today's goals, the defence, particularly Ottamendi and Kolarov have to share the blame.

However. I'm failing to see what Bravo brings with his feet. Yes, he can pass it to the nearest centre half, but so could Hart, just that he had Lescott or Mangala to pass to. But push up so he has to go long and I reckon he's no better than Hart - it's just lobs up to whoever.

And there's his keeping. How many saves has he made this season? Not catching pass backs, saves where you don't expect him to do it. I can almost cope with the issues with high balls that he may not be used to, but today it was two basic shots followed by him falling over to allow Hazard to pick his spot.

At the moment, I'd swap him for pretty much any other first choice keeper in the league. If he was 21, you could hope he would improve but he's in the twilight of his career already.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:14 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:Bravo wasn't totally to blame for today's goals, the defence, particularly Ottamendi and Kolarov have to share the blame.

Ffs what did Kola do wrong?!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:16 pm

Pep fucked up big tume with this guy. He is useless.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby freshie » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:26 pm

Mase wrote:Ffs Kolarov didn't put a foot wrong today!! He was left 1v1 with Hazard for the last goal.

And let him go past him

So he put in a 10/10 performance? Come on! He's not good enough as are most of his defensive colleagues
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum