But He Is Great With Ball at His Feet

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: But He Is Great With Ball at His Feet

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:50 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Well they're pretty clear stats.

Obviously we should be concentrating on other areas.

Wait, are you saying that A) we were defending well last year so we should concentrate on other areas and/or B) Claudio Bravo is playing as good if not better that Joe Hart last season?

I'm saying it appears that little has changed in the goalkeeping department from this point last season.

Yet, watching the games tells everyone a LOT has changed. Just goes to prove once again that football isn't really numbers game.

In terms of keeping the ball out of the net fuck all has changed as the numbers show.

That is poor attempt and I know I shouldn't bite but basically what you're saying is that if we have two games where in one there's three shots from halfway line and keeper saves two but lets in one of those and another where there's three shots on goal but all are penalties and keeper saves two but lets in one then fuck all has changed as the numbers show.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:03 pm

How is it a poor attempt? It's a fact, we're conceding the same number of shots per game and the same number of goals per game. Just because it doesn't suit your argument doesn't mean it's a poor attempt
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:08 pm

You can watch the stats and live in a cuckoo land if you want but I'll make my judgements actually watching football.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:25 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:You can watch the stats and live in a cuckoo land if you want but I'll make my judgements actually watching football.

Now that is a poor attempt.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:32 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:How is it a poor attempt? It's a fact, we're conceding the same number of shots per game and the same number of goals per game. Just because it doesn't suit your argument doesn't mean it's a poor attempt

It's a bad argument though as Moonchesteri correctly points out. As a team we're not worse off, fine, but the stats don't say anything about the difficulty of the shots.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:38 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Well they're pretty clear stats.

Obviously we should be concentrating on other areas.

Wait, are you saying that A) we were defending well last year so we should concentrate on other areas and/or B) Claudio Bravo is playing as good if not better that Joe Hart last season?

I'm saying it appears that little has changed in the goalkeeping department from this point last season.

Yet, watching the games tells everyone a LOT has changed. Just goes to prove once again that football isn't really numbers game.

In terms of keeping the ball out of the net fuck all has changed as the numbers show.

Quite.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby dazby » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:34 pm

Very poor today. He looks down on his confidence. I'd give Willy a bit of a run now.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby littlebig » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:13 am

This lad is shit.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:25 am

Is David Silva exempt from any form of criticism on that 2nd goal. Absolutely powder puff. Why is he not throwing his body at the ball instead of his half arsed attempt at getting in the way. Bravo horribly exposed today. Prime Peter schmeichel would struggle in this team, absolutely abject.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Two's Kompany » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:28 am

Sister of Fu you are spot on. I said the same. Silva needed to wear that shot. By turning his back gave the Leicester player the perfect chance 'hide' it from Bravo.
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:40 am

Sister of fu wrote:Is David Silva exempt from any form of criticism on that 2nd goal. Absolutely powder puff. Why is he not throwing his body at the ball instead of his half arsed attempt at getting in the way. Bravo horribly exposed today. Prime Peter schmeichel would struggle in this team, absolutely abject.

Silva always does that. That's why he should only visit first third of the pitch to shake hands with captain before the game.

I'm not saying today was Bravo's fault, at least alone. But it would be nice to see him stop one or two of these attempts per game. Anyway, one of the worst parts is that defensive line (if you can call those three stooges that) really need guiding from behind right now and he isn't shouting directions either. You know it better than most here that when defenders aren't really comfortable with the system or setting they need those "eyes" behind them to tell what to do and how to move. I never see him open his mouth.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Sister of fu » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:53 am

Sister of fu wrote:Is David Silva exempt from any form of criticism on that 2nd goal. Absolutely powder puff. Why is he not throwing his body at the ball instead of his half arsed attempt at getting in the way. Bravo horribly exposed today. Prime Peter schmeichel would struggle in this team, absolutely abject.

Silva always does that. That's why he should only visit first third of the pitch to shake hands with captain before the game.

I'm not saying today was Bravo's fault, at least alone. But it would be nice to see him stop one or two of these attempts per game. Anyway, one of the worst parts is that defensive line (if you can call those three stooges that) really need guiding from behind right now and he isn't shouting directions either. You know it better than most here that when defenders aren't really comfortable with the system or setting they need those "eyes" behind them to tell what to do and how to move. I never see him open his mouth.

What I don't see from Bravo is him going mental at those in front of him. He should have been up and in Silva's face giving him shit. Saying that though you don't see this from any player on our team. All too nice and looking like they don't give two fucks. We are rudderless and don't have one leader on the pitch. That IMO really needs addressing. We really need to find a leader as well as a 100 other things.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Justified logic » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:19 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I've just been looking through the numbers in terms of shots on target for and against between this season and last.

Something that struck me was that last season we conceded 3.2 shots on target per game in the league and conceded 1.07 goals per game.

Since Bravo has come in we have conceded 3.2 shots on target per game in the league and conceded 1.07 goals per game.

In the last two PL games Bravo has faced 10 shots on target, 7 goals conceded.

I make that 5 and 3.50.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:37 am

Justified logic wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I've just been looking through the numbers in terms of shots on target for and against between this season and last.

Something that struck me was that last season we conceded 3.2 shots on target per game in the league and conceded 1.07 goals per game.

Since Bravo has come in we have conceded 3.2 shots on target per game in the league and conceded 1.07 goals per game.

I make that 5 and 3.50.

I'm sure I could pick out two games last season and show you similar stats about Hart.

One game that sticks out in my mind for example is Spurs at home, 3 shots on target 2 goals, no more difficult to save than what Bravo has let past him.

My point is that pining for Hart is silly, he was exposed playing behind a team playing attacking football with a ridiculously high line.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby lovecity8utd » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:47 am

Justified logic wrote:

I make that 5 and 3.50.

I'm sure I could pick out two games last season and show you similar stats about Hart.

One game that sticks out in my mind for example is Spurs at home, 3 shots on target 2 goals, no more difficult to save than what Bravo has let past him.

My point is that pining for Hart is silly, he was exposed playing behind a team playing attacking football with a ridiculously high line.

At least Hart made the occasional save. Can't remember one game changing save from bravo. Lots of other game changing memories from him though.
lovecity8utd
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: City's 11

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:53 am

lovecity8utd wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

I make that 5 and 3.50.

At least Hart made the occasional save. Can't remember one game changing save from bravo. Lots of other game changing memories from him though.

Don't disagree on the fact that he has yet to make a game changing save however I do disagree that there have been lots of other game changing memories from him, there has been one, the Barca game.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby lovecity8utd » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:04 pm

lovecity8utd wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

I make that 5 and 3.50.

Don't disagree on the fact that he has yet to make a game changing save however I do disagree that there have been lots of other game changing memories from him, there has been one, the Barca game.

Generally flapping about, not looking like a goalie and getting nowhere near making decent saves are my game changing memories of bravo.
lovecity8utd
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: City's 11

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:05 pm

Forgetting what Bravo has achieved elsewhere in his career - for us , hes been utter fuckign wank IMO.Cannot save anything , in fact , there have been goals that he has just not even attempted to get hold of.

Him ,kolorov and Ottemendi and Clichy have been utter wank this season - not one of them should be starting for us in a game - Pep seems to be more stubborn than Pellegrini (Played YAYA all the fuckign time regardless of performance) - that comment he made about Kolorov being the best fuckign something or other in the world ?remember that comment ? that's probably why he fuckign plays him all the time as hed look a tit if he didn't.

Pep is NOT doing his job properly and if he is the so called messiah, then he should start to show us what the fuckign hype was all about , as until now , its dire.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:20 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Forgetting what Bravo has achieved elsewhere in his career - for us , hes been utter fuckign wank IMO.Cannot save anything , in fact , there have been goals that he has just not even attempted to get hold of.

Him ,kolorov and Ottemendi and Clichy have been utter wank this season - not one of them should be starting for us in a game - Pep seems to be more stubborn than Pellegrini (Played YAYA all the fuckign time regardless of performance) - that comment he made about Kolorov being the best fuckign something or other in the world ?remember that comment ? that's probably why he fuckign plays him all the time as hed look a tit if he didn't.

Pep is NOT doing his job properly and if he is the so called messiah, then he should start to show us what the fuckign hype was all about , as until now , its dire.

How has Kolarov been 'utter wanker this season' when he was outstanding for our first 5 matches. He's gone to shit since he team has gone to shit.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:41 pm

Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Forgetting what Bravo has achieved elsewhere in his career - for us , hes been utter fuckign wank IMO.Cannot save anything , in fact , there have been goals that he has just not even attempted to get hold of.

How has Kolarov been 'utter wanker this season' when he was outstanding for our first 5 matches. He's gone to shit since he team has gone to shit.

Overall hes fucking wank mase , and you know it.......

Gets skinned time and time again.

Wank.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum