But He Is Great With Ball at His Feet

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: But He Is Great With Ball at His Feet

Postby Spurge » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:24 pm

For me Joe hart saves all 3 of those. I know he won't be back, the answer isn't bravo it's just not. Willy isn't the answer either I don't know who is. Part of the answer is that we must improve our goals to chances created ratio as it will take pressure of the defence, but we still need to strengthen defensively and we need a different GK
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby freshie » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:25 pm

Spurge wrote:For me Joe hart saves all 3 of those. I know he won't be back, the answer isn't bravo it's just not. Willy isn't the answer either I don't know who is. Part of the answer is that we must improve our goals to chances created ratio as it will take pressure of the defence, but we still need to strengthen defensively and we need a different GK

I think at the moment I'd pick caballero over bravo
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby freshie » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:28 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:This guy is a huge mistake by Pep.
And let's be honest Pep is showing that he isn't a tactical genius. This is no better than last season.
The Emperors new clothes.

We totally dominated the game and but for poor finishing and corrupt refereeing the game would have been over at half time. But keep hating Pep - are you trying to be fashionable by going against the common perception of him?
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:29 pm

freshie wrote:
Spurge wrote:For me Joe hart saves all 3 of those. I know he won't be back, the answer isn't bravo it's just not. Willy isn't the answer either I don't know who is. Part of the answer is that we must improve our goals to chances created ratio as it will take pressure of the defence, but we still need to strengthen defensively and we need a different GK

I think at the moment I'd pick caballero over bravo

Judging from his recent remarks, maybe he hopes Barca will rescue him from his nightmare, getting himself sent off out there was just for starters, now he's sabotaging our season to reduce his price.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:29 pm

freshie wrote:
And let's be honest Pep is showing that he isn't a tactical genius. This is no better than last season.

We totally dominated the game and but for poor finishing and corrupt refereeing the game would have been over at half time. But keep hating Pep - are you trying to be fashionable by going against the common perception of him?

I think it's just a general lack of anything positive to say about anyone or anything ever.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby freshie » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:30 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:amazing how those defending him have now turned on him. it was obvious from the start that he was totally unsuited to playing in the premier league

Well done you, Mystic fucking Meg
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby freshie » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:31 pm

zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:Ffs Kolarov didn't put a foot wrong today!! He was left 1v1 with Hazard for the last goal.

By the way Otta had a damn good game.

The goalie was called only a few times and his positioning was shocking.

Yeh he dealt exceptionally well with Costa for Chelsea's equaliser
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby freshie » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:33 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
freshie wrote:

I think it's just a general lack of anything positive to say about anyone or anything ever.

It's fucking boring. I always get an image of Victor Meldrew when I read his posts
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:51 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
phips wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
phips wrote:has to go in the summer. Pep won't do it but he has to. he is absolutely shit as a goalkeeper.
yes he may be good with the ball at his feet but your #1 job as a goalkeeper is to stop shots and he simply cannot do that.

Summer? Jeesus christ, this guy is so terrible that he needs to go on monday.

i figured that was too unbelievable. heck, summer is too though. Pep is gonna ride with this guy whether we like it or not.
gonna have to get used to conceding lots of goals.

But this guy is making so basic errors. I'm actually more lenient than most when it comes to goalkeeper dropping odd blunder. Happens to everyone. However you look at the second AND third goal. For fucks sake U7 kids are thought to come forward in one-on -ones and make yourself as big as possible and make the goal as small as possible. Will he save it? Yes he could've conceded two one-on-ones and I would have no complaints. But this guy is standing at the FUCKING goal line (in third actually takinga step BACK). You'd get bollocking for that AT ANY LEVEL OF FOOTBALL AT ANY AGE, never mind fucking 33 year old Premier League goalkeeper.

Fucking hell, we could put David Silva in goal and he'd do better and he is even better passer than this joker.

All I'm gonna say is that I agree 100% with NQDP.

And. I watched the game today with a former keeper and she basically said all the same things.

HONESTLY. If we put Yaya in goal I think we would do just as "well". He is great with the ball at his feet as well
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:31 am

freshie wrote:

Not at all. I like Pep, But....
In Bravo he has dropped a huge bollock. One that is costing us badly.
The football doesn't look better than last season in general. Sure we played well today, but we aren't finishing (like last season) and we are so fragile ar the back. Far worse as it happens.
We don't look like a title winning side, by a distance and some of the tactically breathtaking substitutions are frankly bizarre.
Better performances than this had people calling for Pellers job because he wasn't up to it anymore apparently . Let's not kid ourselves. It still looks a dog's breakfast out there, arguably even worse than twelve months ago.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:31 am

freshie wrote:

Not at all. I like Pep, But....
In Bravo he has dropped a huge bollock. One that is costing us badly.
The football doesn't look better than last season in general. Sure we played well today, but we aren't finishing (like last season) and we are so fragile ar the back. Far worse as it happens.
We don't look like a title winning side, by a distance and some of the tactically breathtaking substitutions are frankly bizarre.
Better performances than this had people calling for Pellers job because he wasn't up to it anymore apparently . Let's not kid ourselves. It still looks a dog's breakfast out there, arguably even worse than twelve months ago.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Socrates » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:54 am

freshie wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
freshie wrote:

It's fucking boring. I always get an image of Victor Meldrew when I read his posts

Don't gang up on someone eh, not cool. He's entitled to his opinion, sometimes he sees stuff differently than most of us and can be insightful, and anyway I'm Victor fucking Meldrew.

NQDp has it called right for me, we play with 11 outfield players and he is barely a goalie by any sensible description.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:05 am

Socrates wrote:
freshie wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
freshie wrote:

Don't gang up on someone eh, not cool. He's entitled to his opinion, sometimes he sees stuff differently than most of us and can be insightful, and anyway I'm Victor fucking Meldrew.

NQDp has it called right for me, we play with 11 outfield players and he is barely a goalie by any sensible description.

I simply can't believe it!
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby s1ty m » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:28 am

Socrates wrote:
freshie wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:
freshie wrote:

I'm Victor Meldew and so is my wife.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby getdressedmctavish » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:44 am

Argued at the game you couldn't blame a goalie for getting done 1 on 1. Just watched the highlights. A cone would have done better than Bravo. Pep has to bite the bullet and face up. The bloke just aint good enough. By a fucking distance.Thank you and goodbye to the clown is whats required and some humble pie from Pep. You are wrong, mate.
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Socrates » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:29 am

getdressedmctavish wrote:Argued at the game you couldn't blame a goalie for getting done 1 on 1. Just watched the highlights. A cone would have done better than Bravo. Pep has to bite the bullet and face up. The bloke just aint good enough. By a fucking distance.Thank you and goodbye to the clown is whats required and some humble pie from Pep. You are wrong, mate.

To be fair he wanted ter Stegen. Fuck being fair though, we miss Joe's presence and saves.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Scatman » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:36 am

Socrates wrote:
getdressedmctavish wrote:Argued at the game you couldn't blame a goalie for getting done 1 on 1. Just watched the highlights. A cone would have done better than Bravo. Pep has to bite the bullet and face up. The bloke just aint good enough. By a fucking distance.Thank you and goodbye to the clown is whats required and some humble pie from Pep. You are wrong, mate.

To be fair he wanted ter Stegen. Fuck being fair though, we miss Joe's presence and saves.

If you have a cheese sandwich in your pocket and you go to the shop for something more appetising, for example a scotch egg, you don't come away with a bag of dog shit, and eat it, because it is all they were willing to sell you. You eat the cheese butty and maybe try a different shop.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:18 am

Scatman wrote:
Socrates wrote:

If you have a cheese sandwich in your pocket and you go to the shop for something more appetising, for example a scotch egg, you don't come away with a bag of dog shit, and eat it, because it is all they were willing to sell you. You eat the cheese butty and maybe try a different shop.

with your username, i thought that shit eating was right up your street....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:29 am

Scatman wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Diarrhea sandwich, more like.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Two's Kompany » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:43 am

Some have said he wanted Ter Stegen. I think the truth is he wanted anyone else but Joe Hart.
Some Spanish-based journalists said he would 'test' the hierarchy like he did Bayern's. They didn't give in to his demands (was when he demanded Kroos was given top dollar in a new deal).
Apparently, despite it being very early in to his reign, he knew THEN he would never have 'control'.
He did it with Ronaldinho and Deco (I think) at Barca.
Thing is he had Messi. Here we've replaced a top keeper with a poor one. I'm not saying Hart had to say, I just believe we should have bought a better keeper or kept Hart until one became available.
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum