Bringing Kids To a Game

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Bringing Kids To a Game

Postby MattMan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:29 pm

Hi Lads,

Traveling from Dublin to the City vs Chelsa game in a few weeks and bringing my two young lads ages 6 & 8.
- Wondering what's to do around the stadium before the game ?
- Didn't know much about the layout of the seating until just now, didn't realize there is a Family Stand, we have tickets for Section 109 which is quite close to the visiting supporters, wondering if it will be OK for kids ?

cheers

MattMan
MattMan
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Re: Bringing Kids To a Game

Postby MattMan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:31 pm

Apologies, reckon I may have posted to the wrong sub-forum... should I repost in "The Maine Football forum", and have this one removed or can it me moved ?
MattMan
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:03 pm

I've been going over with my now teenager for quite a few years now.
When he was younger we used to turn up at City Square early and there was usually loads to keep kids amused. Just sample the atmosphere outside the hour before kickoff.
In town, the football museum is free (donations taken) and well worth a look.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby MattMan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:42 pm

Thanks @iwasthere2012, the museum certainly sounds like a must see, I've also just booked a stadium tour for the Sunday morning. My older lad (8) is a mad City Fan but the younger lad(6) is actually a Chelsea fan !!, Guessing him wearing a Chelsea jersey on the day would be frowned upon... :(
MattMan
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:34 pm

MattMan wrote:Thanks @iwasthere2012, the museum certainly sounds like a must see, I've also just booked a stadium tour for the Sunday morning. My older lad (8) is a mad City Fan but the younger lad(6) is actually a Chelsea fan !!, Guessing him wearing a Chelsea jersey on the day would be frowned upon... :(

6 years olds usually get a pass especially if you are a blue. Just take some tissues to console him :lol:
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:52 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
MattMan wrote:Thanks @iwasthere2012, the museum certainly sounds like a must see, I've also just booked a stadium tour for the Sunday morning. My older lad (8) is a mad City Fan but the younger lad(6) is actually a Chelsea fan !!, Guessing him wearing a Chelsea jersey on the day would be frowned upon... :(

6 years olds usually get a pass especially if you are a blue. Just take some tissues to console him :lol:

And there's plenty of time for him to see the light and come over from the dark side.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby MattMan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:01 pm

Indeed there is... the older lad I nearly had to strangle... he started of supporting of all team .... United.... then moved to Chelsea... and finally saw the light and settled on City..... it was a tough journey.....

Younger lad has so far picked Celtic, Barca and Chelsea... but there's still time for conversion...
MattMan
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:13 pm

MattMan wrote:Indeed there is... the older lad I nearly had to strangle... he started of supporting of all team .... United.... then moved to Chelsea... and finally saw the light and settled on City..... it was a tough journey.....

Younger lad has so far picked Celtic, Barca and Chelsea... but there's still time for conversion...

With City it's not a conversion it's a moment of clarity. This game will hopefully be his epiphany.
When he sees the campus and ground hopefully that will be it.......and a favourable result.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Return to The Maine Football forum