Chelsea vs. Everton

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Chelsea vs. Everton

Postby Nick » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:27 pm

How come Chelsea can hammer Everton but we couldn't>?

Liverpool and Chelsea don't seem to be having any issue with teams parking the bus
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Re: Chelsea vs. Everton

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:30 pm

Nick wrote:How come Chelsea can hammer Everton but we couldn't>?

Liverpool and Chelsea don't seem to be having any issue with teams parking the bus

I'd have loved if Everton went with three at the back against us.

Stekelenburg was fairly poor on a couple of their goals too as opposed to pulling out two absolutely incredible stops against us.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:48 pm

Like Burnley :?:
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby freshie » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:56 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

I'd have loved if Everton went with three at the back against us.

Stekelenburg was fairly poor on a couple of their goals too as opposed to pulling out two absolutely incredible stops against us.

This. Stekelenburg should have done better with both Hazard's first goal and Alonso's. Compare that to the 2 penalty saves he made against us and the fact that they played with 3 at the back against Chelsea instead of 4 like they did against us and it gives you some idea as to how they capitulated against the rent boys. Had we scored our 2 pens the final scoreline could have been similar
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:51 pm

Liverpool and Chelsea also have zero Champions/Europa to contained with and look miles fresher than us. Imagine if Pep could have full weeks of training instead of training mixed in with recovery sessions.

Does anyone think Watford will defend against us like they did against Liverpool yesterday ;)
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby nottsblue » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:03 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Liverpool and Chelsea also have zero Champions/Europa to contained with and look miles fresher than us. Imagine if Pep could have full weeks of training instead of training mixed in with recovery sessions.

Does anyone think Watford will defend against us like they did against Liverpool yesterday ;)

Very true.

Also, are the dippers as profligate in front of goal as we can be on occasion? The PL top scorers in 2016 as a whole by some distance and top scorers this year. Without a top class recognised striker.

They worry me
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:41 pm

Did you see how open Everton were in the Chelsea game, they were so naive that they believed they could go toe-to-toe. Two totally different performances, and tactics adopted were miles apart.

And while I'm at it, so were fucking Watford. What gets me is how these teams come to ours and shut up shop yet are so expansive elsewhere.

Cunts!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:19 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Did you see how open Everton were in the Chelsea game, they were so naive that they believed they could go toe-to-toe. Two totally different performances, and tactics adopted were miles apart.

And while I'm at it, so were fucking Watford. What gets me is how these teams come to ours and shut up shop yet are so expansive elsewhere.

Cunts!!!

Watford's defending was so inordinately bad, they ended up looking more like a pub team than a Premier League outfit.

Hang on though, that's being very unkind and harsh to pub teams. They did, however, succeed in making Liverpuddle look good.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby freshie » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:41 am

Beefymcfc wrote:

Cunts!!!

Perhaps we should take it as a compliment that we are the most feared side in the league then as others will go away to the like of Chelsea and the dippers believing they can get something out of the game, yet are so shit scared when they come to the Etihad that they feel they have no option but to park the bus and, therefore, raise their game defensively. Despite this it has only been our profligacy in front of goal that has cost us the 2 points in those games. The only sides who I don't think will do this against us will be the dippers and spuds
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:39 am

freshie wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Cunts!!!

Perhaps we should take it as a compliment that we are the most feared side in the league then as others will go away to the like of Chelsea and the dippers believing they can get something out of the game, yet are so shit scared when they come to the Etihad that they feel they have no option but to park the bus and, therefore, raise their game defensively. Despite this it has only been our profligacy in front of goal that has cost us the 2 points in those games. The only sides who I don't think will do this against us will be the dippers and spuds

Don't be naive. Spuds and especially scouse will park the bus . Scouse will also spend an inordinate amount of time kicking the ball high in the air , so that they can get their rows of six and four organised.

Once City get a goal they need to move the ball around in our own half to pick of the counter attack chance, or stay in possession in our part of the field .

Let them come to us.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Dimples » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:16 am

Rags will park the bus when they come to ours if Mo is under any sort of pressure in the lead up to the game.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:11 am

Pep, has seen it done and has the T Shirt. Once we get 2nd goals it will fall into place.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:01 pm

Dimples wrote:Rags will park the bus when they come to ours if Mo is under any sort of pressure in the lead up to the game.

100% they will park the bus.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby freshie » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:19 pm

zuricity wrote:
freshie wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Cunts!!!

Don't be naive. Spuds and especially scouse will park the bus . Scouse will also spend an inordinate amount of time kicking the ball high in the air , so that they can get their rows of six and four organised.

Once City get a goal they need to move the ball around in our own half to pick of the counter attack chance, or stay in possession in our part of the field .

Let them come to us.

We'll see. You might be right about Spurs but I reckon Klopp will send his team out believing they can win. I'd be happy to be proven wrong
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Return to The Maine Football forum