***pep's city v 'boro official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***pep's city v 'boro official match thread***

Postby Dub City » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:58 pm

Just seen the highlights now after getting home. Clichey is dreadful on the goal doesn't even look like he knows the man is coming in on him, can argue he is watching Negredo in front but has to be much better at least fucking challenge for the ball.

He was also caught napping for the run from forshaw getting through but really was a great save from Bravo.

Missed chances cost us again. 3 home games without a win and Chelsea and Arsenal to come
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:12 am

We were nearly as wank as we were against Soton
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:23 am

We are wasteful and it cost us. I think games like Barca are draining for fans let alone players we looked out on a feet after 70 and still had chances to seal the win...
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby dick dastardley » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:57 am

My beef is with kompany you cannot rely on kolorov to be a central defender if kompany can't do more than one game he needs fucking off as u need a settled back line, clichy was dog shit for the goal but we should have been out of sight long before the goal went in.....
Tiredness played a huge part in the second half borough came for a draw parking the bus is something pep has to get round. We haven't played the big teams yet and we're already dropping points!! Which is v worrying.
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby PeterParker » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:11 am

dick dastardley wrote:My beef is with kompany you cannot rely on kolorov to be a central defender if kompany can't do more than one game he needs fucking off as u need a settled back line, clichy was dog shit for the goal but we should have been out of sight long before the goal went in.....
Tiredness played a huge part in the second half borough came for a draw parking the bus is something pep has to get round. We haven't played the big teams yet and we're already dropping points!! Which is v worrying.

There were no updates on the news that he got injured warming up.

Strange.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Original Dub » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:17 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:We were nearly as wank as we were against Soton

Really mate?
Original Dub

Postby stevefromdonny » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:37 am

what bits I saw of the first half that young lad went over to the player who crossed for them to score, didn't really run over to try to stop him from crossing should of made a bit more effort to get there
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:58 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:what bits I saw of the first half that young lad went over to the player who crossed for them to score, didn't really run over to try to stop him from crossing should of made a bit more effort to get there

Garcia?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dub City » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:46 pm

PeterParker wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:My beef is with kompany you cannot rely on kolorov to be a central defender if kompany can't do more than one game he needs fucking off as u need a settled back line, clichy was dog shit for the goal but we should have been out of sight long before the goal went in.....

Strange.

Kompany was injured in warm up ? Why was he not replaced on the bench if this was the case ?
Dub City
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:03 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:We were nearly as wank as we were against Soton

Really mate?

Really. We made few clear cut chances and were lacklustre in both games.
Against Everton, we did enough to win but rhe last two have been very average.
As it stands I can see Liverpool being clear by the time we play them at the end of December
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mr_nool » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:38 pm

A lot of people are blaming Clichy for the goal, and while I do agree that he could have done better, I still recognise the fact that he was left in a difficult position - much like Buridan's ass - by Kolarov failing to mark Negredo. Clichy had to cover both bases, and was hence a yard or two too far away from de Roon when the ball came in, which lead to him being an inch or so to short.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby PeterParker » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:43 pm

Dub City wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Strange.

Kompany was injured in warm up ? Why was he not replaced on the bench if this was the case ?

He got injured during the game, when he was warming up in the second half, according to Eurosport.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby sheblue » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:20 pm

Injured again? Didn't hear that.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:29 pm

mr_nool wrote:A lot of people are blaming Clichy for the goal, and while I do agree that he could have done better, I still recognise the fact that he was left in a difficult position - much like Buridan's ass - by Kolarov failing to mark Negredo. Clichy had to cover both bases, and was hence a yard or two too far away from de Roon when the ball came in, which lead to him being an inch or so to short.

:') of course it's Kolarov's fault.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby gmercer1 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:37 pm

Mase wrote:
mr_nool wrote:A lot of people are blaming Clichy for the goal, and while I do agree that he could have done better, I still recognise the fact that he was left in a difficult position - much like Buridan's ass - by Kolarov failing to mark Negredo. Clichy had to cover both bases, and was hence a yard or two too far away from de Roon when the ball came in, which lead to him being an inch or so to short.

I do agree that Kolorov was marking nobody and Clichy had his eye on Negredo. Still should have done better but not helped by fellow defenders.
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:43 pm

gmercer1 wrote:
Mase wrote:

I do agree that Kolorov was marking nobody and Clichy had his eye on Negredo. Still should have done better but not helped by fellow defenders.

Am I alone in thinking Bravo made a dogs dinner of it? Went through his hands as far as I could see.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:57 pm

nottsblue wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:
Mase wrote:

Am I alone in thinking Bravo made a dogs dinner of it? Went through his hands as far as I could see.

Garcia didn't stop the cross, Bravo should have done better, Clichy should have done anything, but it was Kolarov's fault.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:01 pm

nottsblue wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:
Mase wrote:

Bravo couldn't stop a draught.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:14 pm

For my pov, Garcia shouldn't have been on the pitch. Not because I don't rate him but more because Navas had to make way. Navas was up and down that line, defending where necessary and doubling up to ensure there was nothing coming down the flank.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:40 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:For my pov, Garcia shouldn't have been on the pitch. Not because I don't rate him but more because Navas had to make way. Navas was up and down that line, defending where necessary and doubling up to ensure there was nothing coming down the flank.

'tis very true, cost us two points that few extra minutes of first team experience for the lad.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum