***pep's city v 'boro official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***pep's city v 'boro official match thread***

Postby PrezIke » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:23 pm

I agree about Garcia. He was at fault as much as anyone else. He just came in the game. No excuse to not try harder.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:26 pm

Watch their goal again and tell me how Bravo can stop that header, for those questioning him. The pace on it is incredible due to the delivery and distance of the cross.

If Hart saved it, or anyone else did it would have been pure luck.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:28 pm

PrezIke wrote:Watch their goal again and tell me how Bravo can stop that header, for those questioning him. The pace on it is incredible due to the delivery and distance of the cross.

Went through his hands. Could and should have done better. Hart, for all his faults, was an excellent short range shot stopper and would have done better. He couldn't have done worse. Still think Bravo is the right goalie mind, he just dropped a bollock
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:31 pm

nottsblue wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Watch their goal again and tell me how Bravo can stop that header, for those questioning him. The pace on it is incredible due to the delivery and distance of the cross.

Went through his hands. Could and should have done better. Hart, for all his faults, was an excellent short range shot stopper and would have done better. He couldn't have done worse. Still think Bravo is the right goalie mind, he just dropped a bollock

Hart Bravo and Joe Corrigan are not saving a header from 4 yards out.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PrezIke » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:40 pm

nottsblue wrote:

He had just started moving his hands upwards when the ball reaches him so that is going to affect his capacity to save a ball hit with that amount of pace.

I feel folks are reaching here for some simple reason or scape goat to explain the goal. On MOTD they also challenge the criticism of Clichy because he is caught having to worry about defending two players. It was a fantastic cross that even allowed it after a lucky deflection off of Garcia.

Again, I blame him more so than anyone as he should be closing down much harder there. He surely was not tired yet.

The problem with the result was more so our lack of finishing and I think some hangover effect/complacency which was odd given that Boro were causing us problems in the 2nd half.

Season is long but we will need some good results against tough opponents at home or, in general, away.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:20 pm

PrezIke wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

He had just started moving his hands upwards when the ball reaches him so that is going to affect his capacity to save a ball hit with that amount of pace.

I feel folks are reaching here for some simple reason or scape goat to explain the goal. On MOTD they also challenge the criticism of Clichy because he is caught having to worry about defending two players. It was a fantastic cross that even allowed it after a lucky deflection off of Garcia.

Again, I blame him more so than anyone as he should be closing down much harder there. He surely was not tired yet.

The problem with the result was more so our lack of finishing and I think some hangover effect/complacency which was odd given that Boro were causing us problems in the 2nd half.

Season is long but we will need some good results against tough opponents at home or, in general, away.

Absolutely the result was down to missed chances. In full agreement there. Also in agreement we need better results against the teams around us or we are clapping again
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:25 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Ben Watson disagrees.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:39 pm

nottsblue wrote:

I reckon Hart would have done his flappety-flap trick. That ball was thundered into the back of the net. The fault lies elsewhere on the pitch (mainly in our inability to take chances (the opposition get one from two and we get one from twenty-two)).
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Nick » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:31 am

livid again. nobody looked arsed second half. we're kicking off after the goal and even zabs is silent.

pep is supposed to be getting them to fight for every ball and play with urgency. Trying to walk the ball in the net and sideways slow shite isn't going to beat boring teams like boro who stick 10 men behind the ball.

No idea why pep didn't change things earlier.

Nacho/ Maffeo/Sane.

Sane needs to show us why we shelled out for him.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:09 pm

Some City fans will never be happy, we have so many moaning fookers in the ground, I wonder Y most bother to be honest same MONGS fooking off at 75 mins, Prefer away games to be honest. Daft comments like launch it and SNAP him. All clubs have them, not all clubs have our owners our ambition & PEP, Despite this its 96 mins of pure comedy gold from clueless mongs who will never ever change.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:16 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Some City fans will never be happy, we have so many moaning fookers in the ground, I wonder Y most bother to be honest same MONGS fooking off at 75 mins, Prefer away games to be honest. Daft comments like launch it and SNAP him. All clubs have them, not all clubs have our owners our ambition & PEP, Despite this its 96 mins of pure comedy gold from clueless mongs who will never ever change.

You should say something to them at the match Hazy.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:22 pm

Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Some City fans will never be happy, we have so many moaning fookers in the ground, I wonder Y most bother to be honest same MONGS fooking off at 75 mins, Prefer away games to be honest. Daft comments like launch it and SNAP him. All clubs have them, not all clubs have our owners our ambition & PEP, Despite this its 96 mins of pure comedy gold from clueless mongs who will never ever change.

HAHA Mase you scally wag, I' :lol: m onto You
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:27 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:

HAHA Mase you scally wag, I' :lol: m onto You

One comment Tues. I thought tongue in cheek at 1st. But nope it was his thoughts. Fucks sake Zabba just coz you play with him for the argies does not stop you snapping him FFS, he is fooking overated the twat, crap I tell yer, 1 min later he his the ball out to Neymar drifts in and scores scores, the said City fan blows out his cheeks with stuffy bastid !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:35 pm

Nick wrote:livid again. nobody looked arsed second half. we're kicking off after the goal and even zabs is silent.

pep is supposed to be getting them to fight for every ball and play with urgency. Trying to walk the ball in the net and sideways slow shite isn't going to beat boring teams like boro who stick 10 men behind the ball.

No idea why pep didn't change things earlier.

Nacho/ Maffeo/Sane.

Sane needs to show us why we shelled out for him.

stop being so fucking negative.

Watch on youtube.com
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum