Yaya statement

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Yaya statement

Postby Mase » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:51 am

Fuck Yaya. Would rather have a kid like Garcia playing in Cup games than him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:57 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Justified logic wrote:That is not an apology.
There were no misunderstandings. It was quite clear what his agent said - several times whilst Yaya remained silent.
Anyway, I thought Pep was demanding an apology from Seluk?
Seluk has just been on talksport and said he doesn't apologise; that he has nothing to apologise for.
Great times Yaya, but fuck off now.

Curious, but it is an apology for his misunderstandings I think,

"I wish to apologise - on behalf of myself and those who represent me,"

and also on behalf of his agent it would seem.

So the choreographed interview by his slug on TS, continuing to refuse to apologise, raises the question of whether Yaya can still be punished after doing all in this power to accede to Pep's requirements. Natural justice says he has done his part, albeit reluctantly and tardily, so he must now be back into consideration for selection.

Not in this case as Pep explicitly said he wanted an apology from his agent.

The main actor here is Yaya, he is the one with the contract and if he apologises for his employee's actions that constitutes a remedy. I think ;)

You're extremely forgiving. Yaya's agent was just on the radio being a c*** again, so I can't see it being enough unless Yaya does something about his agent.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby PrezIke » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:10 am

Wow. Wasn't expecting this until maybe after he was no longer a City player.

I know this won't be enough, or too little too late for some, and all is not forgotten because he will need to do more.

Yet, he could very well be a useful player in certain situations for us as we are lacking depth in central midfield with Nasri gone and Delph a sick note. Garcia will be ahead of him at this point I would think, but if we need a goal late in a game, who would you really rather come on? We are paying him massive wages and the point has been made.

Well done Pep.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:13 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:You're extremely forgiving. Yaya's agent was just on the radio being a c*** again, so I can't see it being enough unless Yaya does something about his agent.

What did he say? Was it live or recorded?

If live and the statement was discussed then surely YaYa and Seluk not singing from the same sheet must mean an impasse and YaYa is going to bin the cunt off?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:18 am

More than happy to see the apology and by including the representative he now puts himself in a position to once again play for us; Pep will have to decide.

The code of conduct we will most certainly operate within will have been breached by Yaya's agent but as he is not on our payroll, we cannot enforce it. Legally, there is nothing we can do but to accept the apology and move on. If we don't, Yaya could go for constructive dismissal.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:19 am

CTID Hants wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:You're extremely forgiving. Yaya's agent was just on the radio being a c*** again, so I can't see it being enough unless Yaya does something about his agent.

What did he say? Was it live or recorded?

If live and the statement was discussed then surely YaYa and Seluk not singing from the same sheet must mean an impasse and YaYa is going to bin the cunt off?

"First of all I have not apologised. I said 'we want peace'. I have not apologised. Apologised for what? He apologised maybe, I don't know for what."
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Guy Debord » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:26 am

“I have spoken to Yaya in the last few days and he has asked me to make the peace with Pep,” Seluk told the Mirror.

“I agreed with him that I had to do what I could to make the situation better, because Yaya and Manchester City have been caught in the crossfire. I am genuine in what I say.

“Some City fans have contacted Yaya to say that a way forward must be found. And some of Yaya’s team-mates at City have also contacted me to say the same thing.”

“I am not an unreasonable man,” Seluk added. “I don’t think that Pep will ever love me, but the most important thing is that we try to forgive what has happened in the past and develop a new relationship.

“This is a genuine gesture. I hope Pep accepts that my hope is that we can start with a clean page.

“Of course, I hope Pep takes the decision to bring Yaya back into his squad. But even if he doesn’t, I can assure him that I am not going to speak about him any more in the media. I felt it was important that it was me who make the first step towards peace, respect and friendship.

“I really do hope this can be a new start and that Yaya can help Manchester City to win more trophies.”
Guy Debord
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Columma Durruti

Postby Green & Blue » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:32 am

Is Pep due to do a presser today ahead of middlesbrough game?

Will be interesting to see what he has to say on the matter.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wooders » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:45 am

its not an apology in my view - his game of chicken with pep to force hos way back into the squad has failed so he is now trying the charm offensive
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:29 pm

The agent live on Talkshite 9.45 refused 100% to even go near an apology, I have nothing to say sorry for, why you ask me to say sorry, The presenter Yaya has said sorry for himself and his reps, Not for me I no say sorry, why I say sorry NO I do not. Loved Yaya but his time is up, NYC for the rest of his contract is the best solution, Join Paddy. Yaya would have been ripped anew one on Tues night, and no way we would we have beat them with him jogging about.

Plus we do not have enough WD40 to get him loose enough to play, he is well seized up.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:36 pm

Hazy2 wrote:The agent live on Talkshite 9.45 refused 100% to even go near an apology, I have nothing to say sorry for, why you ask me to say sorry, The presenter Yaya has said sorry for himself and his reps, Not for me I no say sorry, why I say sorry NO I do not. Loved Yaya but his time is up, NYC for the rest of his contract is the best solution, Join Paddy. Yaya would have been ripped anew one on Tues night, and no way we would we have beat them with him jogging about.

Plus we do not have enough WD40 to get him loose enough to play, he is well seized up.

I honestly don't think that's the case. I think he's still got it in him but he's just simply not arsed at all anymore.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:37 pm

Mase wrote:Fuck Yaya. Would rather have a kid like Garcia playing in Cup games than him.

exactly this.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:40 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:More than happy to see the apology and by including the representative he now puts himself in a position to once again play for us; Pep will have to decide.

The code of conduct we will most certainly operate within will have been breached by Yaya's agent but as he is not on our payroll, we cannot enforce it. Legally, there is nothing we can do but to accept the apology and move on. If we don't, Yaya could go for constructive dismissal.

constructive dismissal how? we've allowed him to continue training. pep's not required to give him (or anyone) a place in the matchday squad. if he were, i suppose we've constructively dismissed a lot of players this season.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Scatman » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:52 pm

Just in time for January window
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby carolina-blue » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:23 pm

Scatman wrote:Just in time for January window

My thoughts exactly I keep hearing Rumours
Rags want him in Jan .

No matter how much he trains a year out of football is a lot for a 33 year old to get back .

So mad it got to this can't help but think of all the great stuff he has done . Agent is a grade a Cunt
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:23 pm

Mase wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:The agent live on Talkshite 9.45 refused 100% to even go near an apology, I have nothing to say sorry for, why you ask me to say sorry, The presenter Yaya has said sorry for himself and his reps, Not for me I no say sorry, why I say sorry NO I do not. Loved Yaya but his time is up, NYC for the rest of his contract is the best solution, Join Paddy. Yaya would have been ripped anew one on Tues night, and no way we would we have beat them with him jogging about.

I honestly don't think that's the case. I think he's still got it in him but he's just simply not arsed at all anymore.

His legs have gone mate.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby phips » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:25 pm

now that we're out of the league cup and yaya is not in the CL squad i can't see him getting very much time barring long term injuries or suspensions. he was already showing a lack of effort and that his age had caught up to him last season. now, under Pep when he will be expected to press and defend, he thinks he's gonna play?

i appreciate and value what he did for the club in the past but it's time to move on. heck, he won't even be here next season so why waste minutes on him if he's not going to produce? id rather Aleix played over him.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:30 pm

phips wrote:now that we're out of the league cup and yaya is not in the CL squad i can't see him getting very much time barring long term injuries or suspensions. he was already showing a lack of effort and that his age had caught up to him last season. now, under Pep when he will be expected to press and defend, he thinks he's gonna play?

i appreciate and value what he did for the club in the past but it's time to move on. heck, he won't even be here next season so why waste minutes on him if he's not going to produce? id rather Aleix played over him.

Uncontroversial stuff there phipps. What's far more interesting though is how you are going to be shot down in flames - difficult to predict but it will happen :D
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:42 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
phips wrote:now that we're out of the league cup and yaya is not in the CL squad i can't see him getting very much time barring long term injuries or suspensions. he was already showing a lack of effort and that his age had caught up to him last season. now, under Pep when he will be expected to press and defend, he thinks he's gonna play?

Uncontroversial stuff there phipps. What's far more interesting though is how you are going to be shot down in flames - difficult to predict but it will happen :D

Difficult question JC.

At the end of the day, he might be severely chastised simply for talking sense.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby patrickblue » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:43 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

I don't think certain people need any sort of argument or reason to tell Phips to fuck off.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum