Tuesday night, stewards, Barca fans and your safety...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Tuesday night, stewards, Barca fans and your safety...

Postby s1ty m » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:47 am

I've not posted this up to now as the mood of celebration, rightly so too, has been great. We travelled up on Tuesday and it was indeed fabulous...mainly. Usually, we are on Row A in 102 with our 3 Seasoncards but we had to settle for 119, again Row A as we like the very front. It was right at the corner flag between Colin Bell and the South Stand. Just a few observations from the night.

When we got in, it was clear that there were plenty of Barca fans dotted about this area. One pair even sat there with a fucking Barca cap on, which I not so politely suggested he took off, which he did with some urgency. They were removed 3 minutes later and City fans took the seats. Odd. At this point, I asked a steward if they were planning to remove all of them, given that 'my safety is your priority' and that as I was with my wife, my mate and his wife, perhaps securing the area might be helpful. My view was and is that it could have kicked off and I am not really looking for that at a football match to be honest, despite suggesting to that lad that he takes his cap off! Anyway, we were 1 down. City won a corner and all the stewards stood up. There were 8 of them for a 10 yard stretch of touchline. They stood up 3 feet in front of us so we could't see the penalty box, the whole thing being totally obscured. Sue, my mates wife, politely asked the main bloke to stand aside as he was the main obstacle. He ignored her and we didn't see what happened on the pitch, She suggested that as she had paid £40 to watch the actual football, not him standing in front of her, why was that not a reasonable request? He said, 'Is it because you're getting beat?'. I suggested that Sue had been ever so polite and all he could do was come back with that and try to incite us. I told him it was unprofessional and ridiculous, he gave me the big stare. He might well have looked embarrassed, the fucking stinking Rag. He spent the rest of the evening glaring at us, us being a group of 4 middle aged normal people, 2 couples that must have looked less like a challenge than anything else in the stadium. He'd then fiddle with his earpiece because he's a Secret Agent with the CIA, the dickhead.

So what about these Barca fans? How did they get tickets? We had to relocate despite being Seasoncard holders and so I kind of expected the opposite of this. I'd say about 20-30 were in that block and after we equalised, I asked the very Spanish bloke behind me if he enjoyed that? 'Of course', he said in his very Spanish accent. After KDB had scored, he even troubled himself to offer me a, 'Wow'. I noticed that after the 3rd, him and his mob had fucked off. Odd that. At half time I spoke to the very nice lady on the end of our row, clearly a regular. She reckons they have that issue all the time and against Everton she said it was worse. Really? How? How do they get in?

I wouldn't say the above spoiled the night and if anything it pumped me up a bit more and helped it along. I was captured on TV shouting and yet I am usually reasonably quiet at games. Tuesday was like stepping back in time and I really caught on with the whole thing, like the shouty Kippax days. It was visceral. I loved it, all said.

Kind regards,

Michael.
Last edited by s1ty m on Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Re: Tuesday night, stewards, Barca fans and your safety...

Postby Mase » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:59 am

The stewards at City are absolutely dick heads. Most of them support the rags and most of them just love to try and wind you up to cause trouble.

At Maine Road and when we first moved to the stadium we used to stay behind and have a few drinks inside the stadium to let the traffic die down.

After a game last year I knew my train wasn't until a couple of hours after the final whistle so I decided to stay an extra 10 mins to clap the players off and stay out of the rain. After about 5 mins I was told to move on from my seat which I've paid £700+ per year for. I told the guy that I was just waiting for a few minutes to stay out of the rain before heading over to get my train. He said it didn't matter and I had to move on. I didn't. Another one came over and told me the same. Then the head steward who was about 4 foot tall giving large about "calling the police" if I didn't move on. Told him that was fine and I'd wait for the police to move me on. Ended up being surrounded by about 8 stewards giving me shit because they "wanted to get home". That's wonderful like, but I have to stay in work until my job is done. Just utter nonsense and really made me think about renewing my season ticket. For the sake of 10 mins extra after kickoff I'm surrounded by 8 stewards. Joke!

That's probably why people leave early and shit like this won't do anything to help.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:38 pm

s1ty m wrote:I've not posted this up to now as the mood of celebration, rightly so too, has been great. We travelled up on Tuesday and it was indeed fabulous...mainly. usually, we are on Row A in 102 with out 3 Seasoncards but we had to settle for 119, again Row A as we like the very front. It is right at the corner flag between Colin Bell and the South Stand. Just a few observations from the night.

When we got in, it was clear that there were plenty of Barca fans dotted about this area. One pair even sat there with a fucking Barca cap on, which I not so politely suggested he took off, which he did with some urgency. They were removed 3 minutes later and City fans took the seats. Odd. At this point, I asked a steward if they were planning to remove all of them, given that 'my safety is your priority' and that as I was with my wife, my mate and his wife, perhaps securing the area might be helpful. My view was and is that it could have kicked off and I am not really looking for that at a football match to be honest, despite suggesting to that lad that he takes his cap off! Anyway, we were 1 down. City won a corner and all the stewards stood up. There were 8 of them for a 10 yard stretch of touchline. They stood up 3 feet in front of us so we could't see the penalty box, the whole thing being totally obscured. Sue, my mates wife, politely asked the main bloke to stand aside as he was the main obstacle. He ignored her and we didn't see what happened on the pitch, She suggested that as she had paid £40 to watch the actual football, not him standing in front of her, why was that not a reasonable request? He said, 'Is it because you're getting beat?'. I suggested that Sue had been ever so polite and all he could do was come back with that and try to incite us. I told him it was unprofessional and ridiculous, he gave me the big stare. He might well have looked embarrassed, the fucking stinking Rag. He spent the rest of the evening glaring at us, us being a group of 4 middle aged normal people, 2 couples that must have looked less like a challenge than anything else int the stadium. He'd then fiddle with his earpiece because he's a Secret Agent with the CIA, the dickhead.

So what about these Barca fans? How did they get tickets? We had to relocate despite being Seasoncard holders and so I kind of expected the opposite of this. I'd say about 20-30 were in that block and after we equalised, I asked the very Spanish bloke behind me if he enjoyed that? 'Of course', he said in his very Spanish voice. After KDB had scored, he even troubled himself to offer me a, 'Wow'. I noticed that after the 3rd, him and his mob had fucked off. Odd that. At half time I spoke to the very nice lady on the end of our row, clearly regular. She reckons they have that issue all the time and against Everton she said it was worse. Really? How? How do they get in?

I wouldn't say the above spoiled the night and if anything it pumped me up a bit more and helped it along. I was captured on TV shouting and yet I am usually reasonably quiet at games. Tuesday was like stepping back in time and I really caught on with the whole thing, like the shouty Kippax days. It was visceral. I loved it, all said.

Kind regards,

Michael.

We defo have some very interesting things going on at City wIth the tickets, Not sure but somebody is getting hold of and selling large amounts of them, Spurs/Barca away has felt very odd, the tourist % was in the hundreds for both, Home games, not sure how that is happening TBH.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby s1ty m » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:52 pm

I moved from 110 a few years ago because of the standing up pala
s1ty m

Postby s1ty m » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:54 pm

I'll try again. We moved from 110 a few years ago due to the standing up palaver. Standing up doesn't bother me but the constant row during the games were absurd.
s1ty m

Postby City64 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:06 pm

I'm in 121 on row BB at the back , the city stewards who work my block and are brilliant were worked overtime v Barca . Loads of city fans were coming up the steps complaining about what was going on down there at the front . Lots of small groups of Barca fans dotted around near me aswell , giddy as fuck early on but all fucked off at 3-1 . Seems strange so many Barca fans got tickets in 119 120 121 and 122 ??? MCFC really need to address this ASAP as it's Celtic next and that could get nasty for sure !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:15 pm

I said it V the Scouse cunts at Wembley, some fooker sold thousands in the mid section to the scousers at the City end, the ratio was 100/1 in Club Wembley in favour of the scousers !!!!! That allocation was City's work that 1 out....... Look at the red seats when we pick up the cup 55,000 empty!!!!!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby stevefromdonny » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:15 pm

I assume that the barca fans dotted around the ground was from Manchester as they didn't have half of the seats in the away end, and if they was Manchester based how come they had enough points to get tickets
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby s1ty m » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:55 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:I assume that the barca fans dotted around the ground was from Manchester as they didn't have half of the seats in the away end, and if they was Manchester based how come they had enough points to get tickets

That's right. Spivs were touting as we got off the tram, that'll be a small source. As said also, Celtic could get nasty. In fact, nailed on I'd say.
s1ty m

Postby phips » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:19 am

im sure this will incite some people (god knows why) but i have some questions. i sincerely dont know these things as I've never been to a european football match, let alone a City match. hopefully some nice folks will respond accordingly:

A. why is it a big deal that the guy was wearing his Barca cap? it was a City v. Barca match. is he not entitled to cheer on his team?
do people not allow away fans to cheer on their team?

B. is it that surprising that there were Barca fans around? do people not sell their tickets on viagogo? at all of the American sporting events I've been to there are always away fans near the home fans even though there is a designated away section. is this different at football matches? are the away fans almost always tucked away in their section?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Mase » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:39 am

phips wrote:im sure this will incite some people (god knows why) but i have some questions. i sincerely dont know these things as I've never been to a european football match, let alone a City match. hopefully some nice folks will respond accordingly:

A. why is it a big deal that the guy was wearing his Barca cap? it was a City v. Barca match. is he not entitled to cheer on his team?

B. is it that surprising that there were Barca fans around? do people not sell their tickets on viagogo? at all of the American sporting events I've been to there are always away fans near the home fans even though there is a designated away section. is this different at football matches? are the away fans almost always tucked away in their section?

If you need to ask those types of questions mate you probably need a serious word with yourself.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ruralblue » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:56 am

phips wrote:im sure this will incite some people (god knows why) but i have some questions.

You just don't get it at all do you? Plus you know full well what you are doing by opening the post with 'I'm sure this will incite some people'

As someone as said if this happens at the Celtic game there will be trouble.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Mase » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:28 am

People pay a lot of money to go and see their team play. Why would they want to be surrounded by people that support the other team and have to put up with them celebrating when they score?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:34 am

Phips, soccer in the UK is very tribal and passionate. If you are stupid enough to enter another's turf, knowingly, then don't come. Plain when things take a turn for the worse.

Everton are one of the worst culprits for this and have seen them do it many times down the years and it always ends up nasty.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby dazby » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:45 pm

phips wrote:im sure this will incite some people (god knows why) but i have some questions. i sincerely dont know these things as I've never been to a european football match, let alone a City match. hopefully some nice folks will respond accordingly:

Because the English are hooligans and can't control themselves.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby City64 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:55 pm

Needs sorting ASAP before Celtic game by MCFC or it will be just like situation at West Ham and UEFA cunts will be all over us !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:21 pm

dazby wrote:

Because the English are hooligans and can't control themselves.

Steady on Dazzer.

Some more caustic souls might issue the rejoinder "it takes one to know one".

Granted, as a people, the English are not as benign, polite or as well mannered as our antipodean cousins, but your comment did sound suspiciously like the anti-football mantra the Government used to peddle in the 1980s.

Mind you, the English might be bad, but the Scots are far worse :D :D :D :D :D
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby ross.mcfc » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:24 pm

I'm in part agreement with you. I don't see the issue with away fans sitting in the home end. I've done it many times as it was the only way I could see City play,

It's not like they are depriving real City fans a seat, there will be thousands of Celtic fans in our end at that game because they will have enough fans who want to see that game, we won't. If 50,000 City fans wanted tickets to that game, the issue would not exist.

Did anyone have a problem in 99 when there were 20,000 City fans in Ewood Park?

One of most embarrassing nights I've ever had as a City fan was last seasons BMG game. I was sat next to three German chaps who wore plain clothes and didn't cheer or celebrate when BMG scored. When we scored you had people running from their seats to get in there face to call then Nazi c**nts.

I'd have much rather have spent an evening in their company than those City fans.

I do see an issue with him wearing a cap.
That's pretty stupid IMO and anytime I've been in the away end I've worn non City colours and kept my mouth shut. Given how some people seem to think it's some sort of turf war, why bring attention to yourself? If you sit in the home end, pay your cash, watch your team and don't say a word.

I
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby phips » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:55 pm

Mase wrote:People pay a lot of money to go and see their team play. Why would they want to be surrounded by people that support the other team and have to put up with them celebrating when they score?

why does it matter? are they that insecure?

whats the problem with another fanbase celebrating?
it happens at every single sporting event I've ever been to here in the states. I've been going for over 25 years and in almost every single home match there are away fans near us because some season ticket holders sell their tickets online. most of these away fans will celebrate when their team scores and there will be banter back and forth but its all jovial. there's no reason to take it personally.

there's more important things in life.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby phips » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:57 pm

ross.mcfc wrote:One of most embarrassing nights I've ever had as a City fan was last seasons BMG game. I was sat next to three German chaps who wore plain clothes and didn't cheer or celebrate when BMG scored. When we scored you had people running from their seats to get in there face to call then Nazi c**nts

unbelievable. those City "fans" need lives and should be banned from the stadium.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead