What does Sané actually do???

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

What does Sané actually do???

Postby Fidel Castro » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:20 pm

Apart from run down blind alleys and trying to nutmeg people?
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Re: What does Sané actually do???

Postby mr_nool » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:29 pm

He's such a lovely, fluffy hair. I bet he uses a lot of conditioner.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:39 pm

mr_nool wrote:He's such a lovely, fluffy hair. I bet he uses a lot of conditioner.

That's where he's going wrong, needs to get some Soul Glo into that fro.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:08 pm

Jury is still out. However, there are plenty of mitigating circumstances. Not unlike Gundogan, he is a very young lad in a new country, new club, team mates, manager and style of play, not had a pre season or indeed even a run of games in the side.

The games he has played he has shown glimpses of what he can do and is about. He looked lost in the League cup game a bit but that may be down the team selection. He looked immense last season and i see no reason why that form wont return in due course.

Two weeks ago people were on Gundogans case, not any longer. I say give the boy a decent fist of it before writing him off. That said, Roberts at Celtic is proof that if you are good enough you are old enough. Age is only an excuse for so long.

Looks like he needs to beef up a little as well. Appears a little lightweight for the rigours of the PL. This can soon be solved
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:15 pm

Just a shit bog brush !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Grandad Rosler » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:45 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Just a shit bog brush !

Wash your mouth out
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:08 pm

nottsblue wrote:Jury is still out. However, there are plenty of mitigating circumstances. Not unlike Gundogan, he is a very young lad in a new country, new club, team mates, manager and style of play, not had a pre season or indeed even a run of games in the side.

The games he has played he has shown glimpses of what he can do and is about. He looked lost in the League cup game a bit but that may be down the team selection. He looked immense last season and i see no reason why that form wont return in due course.

Two weeks ago people were on Gundogans case, not any longer. I say give the boy a decent fist of it before writing him off. That said, Roberts at Celtic is proof that if you are good enough you are old enough. Age is only an excuse for so long.

Looks like he needs to beef up a little as well. Appears a little lightweight for the rigours of the PL. This can soon be solved

A fair-minded, objective post NB.

He just needs a bit more time and then any concerns about him will dissipate.

With regard to him appearing to be a little "lightweight for the rigours of the PL" however, didn't a few people say this about David Silva when he first signed for us ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:13 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Jury is still out. However, there are plenty of mitigating circumstances. Not unlike Gundogan, he is a very young lad in a new country, new club, team mates, manager and style of play, not had a pre season or indeed even a run of games in the side.

A fair-minded, objective post NB.

He just needs a bit more time and then any concerns about him will dissipate.

With regard to him appearing to be a little "lightweight for the rigours of the PL" however, didn't a few people say this about David Silva when he first signed for us ??

They did, and he learned to toughen up quick. Look at him the tackle now, quite feverish. I dare say he put a bit more muscle on his chest and shoulders. When footballers take off their shirts their bodies are very different to that of players even a decade ago. Some would look quite tasty as middleweights. Defenders as well are much stronger now and thus attackers need to have it their armoury. Sterling is as good example as any, he is a tough little fucker and can dish it out when necessary.
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Spurge » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:03 pm

How much game time has he had?
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:22 pm

Just give him time and don't get on his back. Pep will handle him well I am sure and as the season goes on we will see the quality he has.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby PeterParker » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:29 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Just give him time and don't get on his back. Pep will handle him well I am sure and as the season goes on we will see the quality he has.

Agree.

We all saw some quality in his movement. He really likes taking players, I think at the moment he has a small settle problem, but I think it will go away soon.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:56 pm

It's not possible to judge him fairly given we haven't seen much of the lad.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:57 pm

Is he injured? He celebrated on twitter with gundo. Only 20, him iheanacho n sterling will b a frightening front three in time!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:24 pm

I think this thread has gone way over some peoples head.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:37 pm

he shows up well on Youtube playing for someone else.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby ruralblue » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:02 pm

Mase wrote:I think this thread has gone way over some peoples head.

It worked with Yaya so let folks have a rip! ;-)
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Scatman » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:01 pm

Cutemancs?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:16 pm

I'm sure this thread is TIC.
All the same some would have shipped Sterling out last Summer.
That's Sane next season.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:25 pm

Scatman wrote:

Cutemancs?

Got a chuckle out of me
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:25 pm

Scatman wrote:

Cutemancs?

Got a chuckle out of me
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum