***pep's city v barca official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***pep's city v barca official match thread***

Postby kennyboy » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:26 am

I am not Kolas biggest fan either, but thank God he did well last night!

Who was Messi screaming to in the tunnel? It was temperature in there after the match.
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:50 am

kennyboy wrote:I am not Kolas biggest fan either, but thank God he did well last night!

Who was Messi screaming to in the tunnel? It was temperature in there after the match.

Hope whomsoever it was got his retaliation in first.

On a different note, this morning on Talkspite, slap-head Danny Mills was in the studio and he had no other option but to go with the flow and to praise City's performance, albeit through highly gritted teeth.

Hearing such self-serving hypocrisy was just as nauseating as hearing him, in normal anti-City mode, slagging us off......not that there's anything 'normal' about Danny Mills.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:56 am

What a night! Got a sore throat this morning. Chuffed to bits.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:10 am

Barcelona fans in SS level 3 were giving us loads when they were on top. But the 2nd half performance had them reduced to silence and the dickheads who were having a go refused to even look at us after the 3rd goal. They don't do banter unless they are winning. Fickle bunch.

Also. The stadium was mostly full at the end but there was plenty leaving our section in 314/315 from 80ish minutes onward. Really couldn't believe it. Why would anyone want to get a jump on the traffic when a game like that is getting into the final 10 minutes. Their loss, as the Etihad didn't empty at the final whistle and the boys were given a great send off.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Dameerto » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:18 am

PeterParker wrote:Read that were some incidents in the tunnel between Messi and someone from our part, I suspect Kola. Carles Naval, someone from Uefalona”s staff tried to get in our dressing room.

I bet it was related to the Aguero handball. He'd never have left there alive if Zabba had got hold of him. They're a bunch of sore losers the lot of them.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:47 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Why would anyone want to get a jump on the traffic when a game like that is getting into the final 10 minutes. Their loss, as the Etihad didn't empty at the final whistle and the boys were given a great send off.

Mate don't get me started on this shit. What is the fuckin point?

My list of people who can fuck right off:
-People who are late for kick off every game
-People who leave at 40mins to get a pint/food
-People who leave early to beat traffic

Special mention to people who don't have basic etiquette. If you have to leave your seat or arrive late, wait for the fucking cunt of a ball to go out of play. I will rip your fucking head off if you block my view you selfish cunt.

*Great game though, City have arrived... finally!!
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john@staustell » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:53 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:-People who leave at 40mins to get a pint/food
!

Bit of a catch 22 there though mate. I'm drivin so I only have a couple pre-match, but my eldest likes a pint at half time. Tends to wait for the half time whistle but then, by the time the bars have fucked about (why cant they have them ready poured???) he is late for the second half.

I try to explain there is the option of not having a pint at half time but it doesn't seem to compute.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:53 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Why would anyone want to get a jump on the traffic when a game like that is getting into the final 10 minutes. Their loss, as the Etihad didn't empty at the final whistle and the boys were given a great send off.

Special mention to people who don't have basic etiquette. If you have to leave your seat or arrive late, wait for the fucking cunt of a ball to go out of play. I will rip your fucking head off if you block my view you selfish cunt.

my knees are in pieces after every game, up and down each time the ball goes in the opposition half, bladder bursters, pie queue preempters - dreadful
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:04 pm

Anyone care to join me in seeing the silver lining of being denied the pen? Aguero hasnt been in the best form with penalties, Kevin missed his last one, and i think Kolarov missed his last one too. A missed pen in that spot couldve been hugely deflating and had a massive negaitive impact on the squad's confidence that couldve lasted for the whole match.

Now obviously one can think this way because we ended up winning but still...
Saul Goodman

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:07 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Anyone care to join me in seeing the silver lining of being denied the pen? Aguero hasnt been in the best form with penalties, Kevin missed his last one, and i think Kolarov missed his last one too. A missed pen in that spot couldve been hugely deflating and had a massive negaitive impact on the squad's confidence that couldve lasted for the whole match.

With it being so early in the game it probably made them more hungry and pissed off. Would still rather have one then not have one.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:07 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Anyone care to join me in seeing the silver lining of being denied the pen? Aguero hasnt been in the best form with penalties, Kevin missed his last one, and i think Kolarov missed his last one too. A missed pen in that spot couldve been hugely deflating and had a massive negaitive impact on the squad's confidence that couldve lasted for the whole match.

ha love the optimism/pessimism. I'm just happy we don't have to worry about it. Aguero won't miss another though I promise you! :D
MARKMAKAVELI

Postby john@staustell » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:07 pm

My immediate reaction was unconcern as we would miss it anyway.

BUT - isn't there a little rumour that, contrary to his casual public utterances on the subject, Pep has had them practising pens? As the perfectionist he is, it would grate with him that we can't score any more from the spot.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:20 pm

the ref's cheating worked a treat for us - played with a chip on our shoulder in the 2nd half.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby phips » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:23 pm

john@staustell wrote:

BUT - isn't there a little rumour that, contrary to his casual public utterances on the subject, Pep has had them practising pens? As the perfectionist he is, it would grate with him that we can't score any more from the spot.

there was a bit in last weekend's Inside City with them practicing penalties.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Original Dub » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:13 pm

phips wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

there was a bit in last weekend's Inside City with them practicing penalties.

Hard luck, you didn't get the nil all you said you hoped for.

Dickhead.
Original Dub

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:31 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Barcelona fans in SS level 3 were giving us loads when they were on top. But the 2nd half performance had them reduced to silence and the dickheads who were having a go refused to even look at us after the 3rd goal. They don't do banter unless they are winning. Fickle bunch.

Also. The stadium was mostly full at the end but there was plenty leaving our section in 314/315 from 80ish minutes onward. Really couldn't believe it. Why would anyone want to get a jump on the traffic when a game like that is getting into the final 10 minutes. Their loss, as the Etihad didn't empty at the final whistle and the boys were given a great send off.

Barca are probably one of the most ungracious teams I have ever seen after a loss. Didn't even bother to acknowledge their fans and sulked off the pitch. IMO you have to win with grace and also lose the same way. Sometimes you have to hold your hands up and admit you were beaten by a better side on the day.
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby PrezIke » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:08 pm

PeterParker wrote:Read that were some incidents in the tunnel between Messi and someone from our part, I suspect Kola. Carles Naval, someone from Uefalona”s staff tried to get in our dressing room.

I read that one of our players said something to Messi and he replied calling the player an "imbecile."
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby freshie » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:10 pm

PrezIke wrote:

I read that one of our players said something to Messi and he replied calling the player an "imbecile."

Does this mean that we won't be signing him then?
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:54 pm

freshie wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Does this mean that we won't be signing him then?

Who needs him? He is just a blonde midget.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:02 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:

oh so true on all counts. It seems like someone sounds an alarm at 40 minutes as streams start wandering out and it seems never ever does someone wait till the balls out of play. At 80/85 as people left I was amazed but to be fair a lot were Barca fans looking as miserable as hell and that's the SS end of the Colin Bell stand.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum