United's new manager

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: United's new manager

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:57 pm

BookJunior wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Probably be Pochettino. Hope not as he knows what he's doing. Shrek as player manager would be good

Definitely hope that doesn't happen but I can't see him wanting to manage a team lower down the league

He'd go there in a shot. Much as we despise the rags, they are still one of the biggest clubs in Europe. They get the right manager in there and they have the potential to be as successful as they were under Bacon

They're searching for someone who can bring back former glories and a new Fergie.

They'll never find anyone.

I wonder if the Scum do sack Mourinho sooner rather than later, whether, or not, in desperation they'd approach FergusScum to return.

I wouldn't actually mind if this were to happen as, in today's changed football climate, his shortcomings that were previously disguised by all the money they used to be able to throw at a problem, would be cruelly exposed.

His return would demolish this putative 'legendary' status he's managed to successfully weave for himself and, in doing so, would accelerate the downward spiral of this odious Club.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:06 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
BookJunior wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Probably be Pochettino. Hope not as he knows what he's doing. Shrek as player manager would be good

Definitely hope that doesn't happen but I can't see him wanting to manage a team lower down the league

He'd go there in a shot. Much as we despise the rags, they are still one of the biggest clubs in Europe. They get the right manager in there and they have the potential to be as successful as they were under Bacon

They're searching for someone who can bring back former glories and a new Fergie.

I wonder if the Scum do sack Mourinho sooner rather than later, whether, or not, in desperation they'd approach FergusScum to return.

I wouldn't actually mind if this were to happen as, in today's changed football climate, his shortcomings that were previously disguised by all the money they used to be able to throw at a problem, would be cruelly exposed.

His return would demolish this putative 'legendary' status he's managed to successfully weave for himself and, in doing so, would accelerate the downward spiral of this odious Club.

It would not surprise me in the least if such an event had happened already, ie the board approached him to take the reigns after Moyes and he realised it would be a total disaster and to protect his reputation he declined.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:54 am

nottsblue wrote:
BookJunior wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

I hope not anytime soon. Fire enough arrows though and one will find a target

They are a bunch of blind archers at the minute
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby kennyboy » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:57 am

It gives me the same pleasure to watch them disintegrate as we do it well, if that made sense.
The turnaround after Bacon is fantastic, we want Jose to stay as long as possible yeh? :)
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:36 pm

As a curious parallel with our own Yaya 'problem', Anthony Martial's agent (Phillipe Lamboley) has just slammed the Scum as being "disrespectful" to his client, for giving his shirt number to Ibrahimovitch.

It seems a bit of a storm in a teacup, however, it could be tactical as Martial no longer seems to be ManUre's 'golden boy' and the agent could be preparing to get the player a transfer.

Hope this all grows into a mega rift and impacts adversely on the Scum but, on the other hand, just who do these agents now think they are ??

One or two of them seem to think they are more important than the Manager or the Club that their clients are contracted to.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby RodneyRodney » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:17 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:on the other hand, just who do these agents now think they are ??

One or two of them seem to think they are more important than the Manager or the Club that their clients are contracted to.

Surely not , Misha - I don't don't know how you could possibly draw such a conclusion !

Back on, I'd be delighted for Roy Keane to be next.
Who I wouldn't want would be Koeman - He could end up doing a good job , and with his detestation of King Louis , he'd be very determined to succeed.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby patrickblue » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:31 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
BookJunior wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Which is the very reason he would never return.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby patrickblue » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:46 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:If they'd got Pocettino or Koeman last summer, if have been concerned they'd finally got a plan. Maureen didn't concern me, as he could have brought them short term glory, but it would always end in tears. As it happens, looks like he's skipped the short term bit and just give straight to blaming the players. I'll be amazed if he lasts the season.

Bryan Robson next, please.

That's the pertinent point, there's no plan.
When gollum came in they thought things would more or less carry on as they had before, mainly because they believed their own hype about being untouchable.
Since then it's been kneejerk.
If they get someone like Pocettino or Simeone in, then accept it's a two or three season rebuild, that would be worrying.
Fortunately, I don't think the Glaziers will ever see past the need for immediate success.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum