Application, effort and workrate

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Application, effort and workrate

Postby freshie » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:26 pm

Original Dub wrote:Exactly what it says on the tin. Nothing to do with quality/luck obviously...

I think sometimes it's easy to use the above after a loss or when things aren't going our way.

Saying that, there have been times this season when the above hasn't been of the standard it should be.

So I think we should measure it by the half of every game...

So far today the rags away in the efl. I have no complaints.

Thoughts?

Thought effort and workrate were fine, it was the application that let us down. But more importantly Mike Dean cost us the match. I don't think I have seen a more biased display of refereeing than I did at the swamp last night. 2 pens that he didn't give to us, a goal for them which clearly should have been disallowed for Herrera's foul on Fernando and the numerous yellow cards which the rag twats escaped from. Saw the highlights when I got home and they confirmed everything I saw at that shithole
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:18 pm

freshie wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Exactly what it says on the tin. Nothing to do with quality/luck obviously...

I think sometimes it's easy to use the above after a loss or when things aren't going our way.

Saying that, there have been times this season when the above hasn't been of the standard it should be.

So I think we should measure it by the half of every game...

So far today the rags away in the efl. I have no complaints.

Thoughts?

Thought effort and workrate were fine, it was the application that let us down. But more importantly Mike Dean cost us the match. I don't think I have seen a more biased display of refereeing than I did at the swamp last night. 2 pens that he didn't give to us, a goal for them which clearly should have been disallowed for Herrera's foul on Fernando and the numerous yellow cards which the rag twats escaped from. Saw the highlights when I got home and they confirmed everything I saw at that shithole

Whilst i share your opinion on the referee, we seldom threatened their goal and that's what I would like to see improved. Work rate was fine.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby dazby » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:42 am

I really wanted to have a whinge about Dean'a performance but zero shots on target by us is a damning statistic.

Remember when Kolarov was deadly from free kicks? He hasn't scored one for ages.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Original Dub » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:47 am

dazby wrote:I really wanted to have a whinge about Dean'a performance but zero shots on target by us is a damning statistic.

Remember when Kolarov was deadly from free kicks? He hasn't scored one for ages.

Dean's performance was shocking alright.

However the biggest problem imo was quality with the final pass.

That can be a confidence thing and of course confidence is bound to be an issue right now after some unbelievable bad luck and one or two below par performances.

Once the workrate keeps up, we'll play our way out the latest dip.

A bit of good luck wouldn't go astray either!
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:47 am

Right, don't want to be harsh on the lad but Sanè, he seemed to display a mardy attitude on Wednesday night, can't work out whether it's his languid style or whether there's a lack of workrate. Thoughts?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Nick » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:03 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Right, don't want to be harsh on the lad but Sanè, he seemed to display a mardy attitude on Wednesday night, can't work out whether it's his languid style or whether there's a lack of workrate. Thoughts?

100% had been giving him a chance but the guy needs to busting a gut to get into the team.

at the moment navas and nolito deserbe the shirts
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:20 pm

dazby wrote:I really wanted to have a whinge about Dean'a performance but zero shots on target by us is a damning statistic.

It is perfectly acceptable to criticise a referee without blaming him for the result, in this case he deserves all the criticism he gets, he let the crowd ref that game particularly the second half.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:27 pm

dazby wrote:

To be fair he rarely gets a chance at dead ball situations anymore.

Not sure why he doesn't take corners when he's on the pitch. Silva never beats the first man.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:50 pm

Mase wrote:
dazby wrote:

Not sure why he doesn't take corners when he's on the pitch. Silva never beats the first man.

how long have we had a issue with shite corners?!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:54 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Mase wrote:
dazby wrote:

Ever since Vinnie stopped making that front post run.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:58 pm

Mase wrote:
dazby wrote:

He might not take corners, especially those on the right, because of the time it would take him to sprint back to his vital defensive slot ;) ;) ;) ;)
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Original Dub » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:02 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Mase wrote:
dazby wrote:

A long time.

Silva shouldn't be let near them. Kolarov and KDB should take them all.

I think it's a set piece thing in general with us. Whenever we get a free kick it's like we're making it up as we go along. The dummy run ups are embarrassing and I can't remember the last time a "straight from the training ground" free kick even hit the target...

Actually, I'm wrong, KDB hit a beauty from a direct shot that was worked based on the wall jumping, but that aside, I'm stumped.

Maybe Pep has us working more on set piece routines, I suppose we won't see the fruition of that for a while - I certainly hope so, because for all the possession and flair that Barca produce, they also have the ability to be extremely dangerous from set piece routines.

We need to be dangerous from every angle.
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:24 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Mase wrote:
dazby wrote:

He might not take corners, especially those on the right, because of the time it would take him to sprint back to his vital defensive slot ;) ;) ;) ;)

Haha true mate! Busy arguing with the City fans in the corner.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:18 pm

Mase wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Mase wrote:
dazby wrote:

I posted that with you in mind, Mase old chum.

Didn't want to cause any offense but I couldn't resist. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:31 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Mase wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Mase wrote:
dazby wrote:

I posted that with you in mind, Mase old chum.

Didn't want to cause any offense but I couldn't resist. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

No offence taken mate when it's a laugh. In the match day threads you'd swear I hated every single City player the way I blast them. It's just my way though.

I just can't understand the 'fans', probably the same ones that humiliated one of our own in Edgy, that wait for a player, a City player, to fuck up and then stick the boot in. Why? The guys wearing a blue shirt and got his tooth knocked out in a derby but that still isn't good enough!
He's clearly not fuckin up on purpose. He doesn't go out thinking 'I might just fuck up today. How funny would that be?'
And when the team is playing poorly he stands out as being poor. But when the team is playing well he stands out as playing well. Doesn't that tell people the guy is clearly a 'confidence player'. But no. Let's batter the fucker when he makes a mistake, or even when he doesn't. Stinks.

Rant over! Haha
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tony P » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:30 pm

Yup, all three today.
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby freshie » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:47 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Mase wrote:
dazby wrote:

A long time.

Silva shouldn't be let near them. Kolarov and KDB should take them all.

I think it's a set piece thing in general with us. Whenever we get a free kick it's like we're making it up as we go along. The dummy run ups are embarrassing and I can't remember the last time a "straight from the training ground" free kick even hit the target...

Actually, I'm wrong, KDB hit a beauty from a direct shot that was worked based on the wall jumping, but that aside, I'm stumped.

Maybe Pep has us working more on set piece routines, I suppose we won't see the fruition of that for a while - I certainly hope so, because for all the possession and flair that Barca produce, they also have the ability to be extremely dangerous from set piece routines.

We need to be dangerous from every angle.

I agree that KDB and kolarov should take our corners. It's probably the only thing that kolarov can do yet he rarely takes them
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:33 pm

No complaints so far.
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:38 pm

Original Dub wrote:No complaints so far.

Has anyone moaned about Kolarov yet? Or do we have a first??
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:30 pm

Original Dub wrote:No complaints so far.

different league so far...
question is, why don't they do this week in week out? they have it in them AND THAT HAS BEEN MY ARGUMENT ALL ALONG
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum