Fortress Etihad

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fortress Etihad

Postby robyn6cp » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:38 am

listen pep has got to learn and fast but it doesn't seem he is gonna listen to anyone but his puppets and all they will do is nod and agree with him
so that wont help, don't think Kidd has any influence there, just a water boy now..
and folk on here saying that the booing today was terrible well i don't agree i think there should have been more if anything, and there should
have been a chorus of "you don't know what your doing" at the end of the game to give him something to think about before wed night.
because if a team as bad as ushited beats us because of his stupid player positions and seeing how many passes our back 3 can give each other
before passing it back to the keeper to give it back to them again...arggg
i think that pep is overcomplicating a very simple game because we have the players to line up 4-4-2 and play an attacking game and play any
team off the pitch...so use the players we have in their correct positions and stop pissing about when you don't have too. SIMPLES
robyn6cp
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: kompany

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:25 am

robyn6cp wrote:listen pep has got to learn and fast but it doesn't seem he is gonna listen to anyone but his puppets and all they will do is nod and agree with him

How do you know this? Do you sit in on their meetings?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:08 am

robyn6cp wrote:listen pep has got to learn and fast but it doesn't seem he is gonna listen to anyone but his puppets and all they will do is nod and agree with him
so that wont help, don't think Kidd has any influence there, just a water boy now..
and folk on here saying that the booing today was terrible well i don't agree i think there should have been more if anything, and there should
have been a chorus of "you don't know what your doing" at the end of the game to give him something to think about before wed night.
because if a team as bad as ushited beats us because of his stupid player positions and seeing how many passes our back 3 can give each other
i think that pep is overcomplicating a very simple game because we have the players to line up 4-4-2 and play an attacking game and play any
team off the pitch...so use the players we have in their correct positions and stop pissing about when you don't have too. SIMPLES

I believe Allardyce is available.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:32 am

I think Pep has to educate a lot more than the players for him to get his message across, We are a work in process. The booing and CB L2 is a sure way for him to comment on it. I have said this before boys read the book FFS his way takes a little time but is the right way. The excuse they were booing the ref is IMHO B.S The moaning is from the 1st whistle, Kompany getting groans after a miss placed pass. Shameful from so called fans who for me can fuck off and never come back ! Get your head around it hoofing it under Pep has gone, The trip To Barca 10 men for 30 mins or so the defeat effects players, 2nd half like Everton we were only dealing with a decent counter attack. Show some class and allow Pep to turn us into a great side, Oh and on Bravo some of his throws and passing was top draw.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:34 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

I believe Allardyce is available.

Good call FIBD, particularly as BFS does like the exciting, futuristic and ground-breaking 4-4-2 formation, as mentioned in the previous post.

He also likes those searching 'long passes' to a big centre-forward's head. He could certainly be the man for us on our 'journey' to change the face of football.

All that is old is new :(
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby City64 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:12 am

All is worse at the swamp and if we beat the cunts again there weds night it will get a whole lot worser for the swamp dwelling nob jockeys . :lol: :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dubciteh » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:32 am

Hazy2 wrote:I think Pep has to educate a lot more than the players for him to get his message across, We are a work in process. The booing and CB L2 is a sure way for him to comment on it. I have said this before boys read the book FFS his way takes a little time but is the right way. The excuse they were booing the ref is IMHO B.S The moaning is from the 1st whistle, Kompany getting groans after a miss placed pass. Shameful from so called fans who for me can fuck off and never come back ! Get your head around it hoofing it under Pep has gone, The trip To Barca 10 men for 30 mins or so the defeat effects players, 2nd half like Everton we were only dealing with a decent counter attack. Show some class and allow Pep to turn us into a great side, Oh and on Bravo some of his throws and passing was top draw.

Stop talking sense!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:59 am

Hazy2 wrote:I think Pep has to educate a lot more than the players for him to get his message across, We are a work in process. The booing and CB L2 is a sure way for him to comment on it. I have said this before boys read the book FFS his way takes a little time but is the right way. The excuse they were booing the ref is IMHO B.S The moaning is from the 1st whistle, Kompany getting groans after a miss placed pass. Shameful from so called fans who for me can fuck off and never come back ! Get your head around it hoofing it under Pep has gone, The trip To Barca 10 men for 30 mins or so the defeat effects players, 2nd half like Everton we were only dealing with a decent counter attack. Show some class and allow Pep to turn us into a great side, Oh and on Bravo some of his throws and passing was top draw.

There is never any excuse for booing. It pisses me off more than anything. I come on here to moan and let out a bit of frustration but in 35 years of going I've never done the boo bit. It's really shameful, especially with where we are these days.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Original Dub » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:09 pm

As I said yesterday, it's embarrassing, although City64 couldbe right with it being aimed at Southampton time wasting and officials.

The fight and spirit from the team has been fantastic this season, with Spurs and the first 45 mins yesterday being the exception obviously.

How quickly did some fans think we were going to dominate?
Original Dub

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:14 pm

I didn't hear booing but would agree it's more likely it was at the officials and Soton for time wasting.They started doing it in the first few minutes.

IF there was a City fan booing the team and/or Pep they should be banned from the ground for life.Utterley pathetic
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:17 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I didn't hear booing but would agree it's more likely it was at the officials and Soton for time wasting.They started doing it in the first few minutes.

IF there was a City fan booing the team and/or Pep they should be banned from the ground for life.Utterley pathetic

Exactly.
Original Dub

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:18 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I didn't hear booing but would agree it's more likely it was at the officials and Soton for time wasting.They started doing it in the first few minutes.

The booing in the SS was when forster or full back were taking an age to restart play. CLATTENBUNG should have stopped this much earlier. apart from that he didn't have too bad a game.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:53 pm

City64 wrote:All is worse at the swamp and if we beat the cunts again there weds night it will get a whole lot worser for the swamp dwelling nob jockeys . :lol: :lol:

Things would indeed be worse for them but I think Mourinho would have learned more out of our first meeting with them than Pep did.
I don't believe Jose will be beaten as too much rides on it for him.
As for us and Pep. If they do beat us, should we boo?
Don't be stupid. There is no place for a City fan booing City.
This is a long journey as most predicted before the season started. Why change opinion now just because we got off to a flier. There are a lot of similarities in the timing of this year and last year's 'slump'.....if you could even categorise it as such. But although it comes down to amateur mistakes and naïveté much like last year., I don't know that it is the same.

It doesn't look or feel the same. There is a definite plan and it is a good plan and it something that we have seen is devastating when applied properly and it is something you can actually believe we will eventually get right.
There will be defeats along the learning curve, if The Rags are one of them it's hard to take but is insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Judge both players and Pep over the course of the season as a whole.
As far as I'm concerned we're still ahead of where I thought we would be at this point in time.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby freshie » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:16 pm

Wonderwall wrote:

The booing in the SS was when forster or full back were taking an age to restart play. CLATTENBUNG should have stopped this much earlier. apart from that he didn't have too bad a game.

You say apart from that but Forster was wasting time from the very first goal kick and Twattenburg did nothing about it until giving him a token yellow card at the end. I reckon Forster wasted 3-4 mins with his timewasting. Same happened the week earlier against Everton and the ref that day did nothing
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:40 am

Annyways....... what do people think of our homeform over the last year or so and why we aren't as solid as we used to be?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby dazby » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:24 am

Last season we weren't mentally strong. This season we are still developing the Pep way.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:24 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Annyways....... what do people think of our homeform over the last year or so and why we aren't as solid as we used to be?

The stats might suggest otherwise but we seem to be less lethal up front and not scoring the volume of goals, that our approach play would suggest we ought to.

If we were, it wouldn't matter so much that we weren't "solid" as sides would be coming to the Etihad psychologically defeated before a ball had been kicked and, in any event, we could always outscore the opposition.

I always bore posters on here to death, by perpetually saying we need another forward but, at this stage, it just feels as though we actually need another two and if we could achieve this in January, I'd be quite happy to promote some young defenders from the EDS, to replace the useless and 'past it' incompetents we have there at the moment.

In fact, even if we didn't get any forwards in January, I'd still like to see our EDS defenders brought in as they couldn't do any worse than what we have now and they could well be far better.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:26 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Annyways....... what do people think of our homeform over the last year or so and why we aren't as solid as we used to be?

The stats might suggest otherwise but we seem to be less lethal up front and not scoring the volume of goals, that our approach play would suggest we ought to.

If we were, it wouldn't matter so much that we weren't "solid" as sides would be coming to the Etihad psychologically defeated before a ball had been kicked and, in any event, we could always outscore the opposition.

I always bore posters on here to death, by perpetually saying we need another forward but, at this stage, it just feels as though we actually need another two and if we could achieve this in January, I'd be quite happy to promote some young defenders from the EDS, to replace the useless and 'past it' incompetents we have there at the moment.

In fact, even if we didn't get any forwards in January, I'd still like to see our EDS defenders brought in as they couldn't do any worse than what we have now and they could well be far better.

Brazil's number 9 is coming in January.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:40 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

You don't bore anyone. You are one of the best additions to this site we've had in years.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:45 am

Our current run is 12 games unbeaten at home.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum