Fortress Etihad

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fortress Etihad

Postby mr_nool » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:43 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:yeah, really sad to want the players to wear the shirt with pride and passion for 90 minutes in every game...
what a boring cunt i am.

Pride and passion hasn't been our biggest issue by a long way this season.

I don't know what matches you were watching but so far, only spurs and first half against Southampton could that be said.

Yet you mention it every week.

Can you not see that individual errors have been our undoing when results didn't go our way?

Seriously?

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=52067

That is such a nonsensical post even by your standards. In above topic you say that workrate and application, hallmarks of pride and passion, has been missing yet here you say that there has been practically no lack of effort.

Now I personally don't think we lack effort or even pride and passion. Players are just little bit confused with Pep's fairly sophisticated system in certain situations. They will get used to it eventually. I think Pep should have hold on to and/or play some of the old leaders more to get people around more comfortable and THEN drop them to bench and/or get rid. But he obviously wants to drill it from day one and I'm certainly going to give him benefit of doubt for couple of seasons. I think at that stage with some of the youngsters maturing we will be all-conquering side.

Mate, I think OD created that thread to highlight to the people moaning about application and work rate that that's not really the issue. In hindsight it's easy to blame a poor result on lack of work rate - especially if it is a game of two halves. But if you assess each half and write it down in a thread, you will probably see that that's not the issue at hand.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Original Dub » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:10 am

mr_nool wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:yeah, really sad to want the players to wear the shirt with pride and passion for 90 minutes in every game...
what a boring cunt i am.

I don't know what matches you were watching but so far, only spurs and first half against Southampton could that be said.

Can you not see that individual errors have been our undoing when results didn't go our way?

Seriously?

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=52067

That is such a nonsensical post even by your standards. In above topic you say that workrate and application, hallmarks of pride and passion, has been missing yet here you say that there has been practically no lack of effort.

Now I personally don't think we lack effort or even pride and passion. Players are just little bit confused with Pep's fairly sophisticated system in certain situations. They will get used to it eventually. I think Pep should have hold on to and/or play some of the old leaders more to get people around more comfortable and THEN drop them to bench and/or get rid. But he obviously wants to drill it from day one and I'm certainly going to give him benefit of doubt for couple of seasons. I think at that stage with some of the youngsters maturing we will be all-conquering side.

Mate, I think OD created that thread to highlight to the people moaning about application and work rate that that's not really the issue. In hindsight it's easy to blame a poor result on lack of work rate - especially if it is a game of two halves. But if you assess each half and write it down in a thread, you will probably see that that's not the issue at hand.

Thanks nooly I don't think I could have gone through that again with this cunt...

He must read right to left or something.
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:37 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
what a boring cunt i am.

Seriously?

yes. seriously.
people are raving that kun covered 10km+ y'day vs an average ~8km. that's 25 (twentyfuckingfive!!!) % more than usual.
what does that tell you od?

That was last season's average. It tells me exactly what I suspected, that our players are working a lot harder this season than last.

how many times have you seen kun play like he did on saturday ?! he obviously has it in him...

Sergio Aguero is averaging 6.1 miles per game under Pep Guardiola, compared to 4.8 miles last season. [@AlexKJTimes]

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:40 am

Stop presenting facts.
They make agendas much more difficult to push
Original Dub

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:53 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Annyways....... what do people think of our homeform over the last year or so and why we aren't as solid as we used to be?

The stats might suggest otherwise but we seem to be less lethal up front and not scoring the volume of goals, that our approach play would suggest we ought to.

If we were, it wouldn't matter so much that we weren't "solid" as sides would be coming to the Etihad psychologically defeated before a ball had been kicked and, in any event, we could always outscore the opposition.

I always bore posters on here to death, by perpetually saying we need another forward but, at this stage, it just feels as though we actually need another two and if we could achieve this in January, I'd be quite happy to promote some young defenders from the EDS, to replace the useless and 'past it' incompetents we have there at the moment.

In fact, even if we didn't get any forwards in January, I'd still like to see our EDS defenders brought in as they couldn't do any worse than what we have now and they could well be far better.

You don't bore anyone. You are one of the best additions to this site we've had in years.

Woah woah woah...stop the clock. He's fairly boring.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:08 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Annyways....... what do people think of our homeform over the last year or so and why we aren't as solid as we used to be?

The stats might suggest otherwise but we seem to be less lethal up front and not scoring the volume of goals, that our approach play would suggest we ought to.

If we were, it wouldn't matter so much that we weren't "solid" as sides would be coming to the Etihad psychologically defeated before a ball had been kicked and, in any event, we could always outscore the opposition.

I always bore posters on here to death, by perpetually saying we need another forward but, at this stage, it just feels as though we actually need another two and if we could achieve this in January, I'd be quite happy to promote some young defenders from the EDS, to replace the useless and 'past it' incompetents we have there at the moment.

In fact, even if we didn't get any forwards in January, I'd still like to see our EDS defenders brought in as they couldn't do any worse than what we have now and they could well be far better.

You don't bore anyone. You are one of the best additions to this site we've had in years.

Cheers

Thanks GT for that erudite endorsement.

I live my life by the mantra that it's the easiest thing in the world to be interesting, charismatic, exciting, magnetic, personable and popular and to be overflowing with verve and flair in all things. Anyone can be it; it's not hard at all - and you're a particularly fine example of that GT - but the most difficult and demanding thing in life is to be boring :- and I don't just mean boring by itself, I mean absolutely boring to the last degree.

It takes commitment, competence, dedication, discipline, determination, skill and a bloody-minded refusal to fall by the wayside and become like all the other outgoing, vivacious and fascinating personages who are to be found around any old corner.

On that basis, I particularly appreciate your comment as, to me, it's a veritable compliment and it means I'm succeeding in not following a multitude into compelling and entertaining charm.

Thanks once again GT; you've made my day :)
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:30 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Cheers

Well at least he is presenting his own opinion and not copying the opinions of some of the more respected members on this site and then adding word "cunt" in couple of places unlike some people on this site. There are people here who have been members for 15 years and have not presented one original idea about football in that time.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Original Dub » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:10 pm

Very negative...
Original Dub

Postby freshie » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:53 pm

what a boring cunt i am.

You said it. Their pride and passion hasn't been in doubt this season Their application has. We're obviously watching different games
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:46 pm

Original Dub wrote:Very negative...

People really don't seem to enjoy laughter anymore.

Does anyone remember...

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby nottsblue » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:52 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:

Does anyone remember...

Cheers

Hope you are enjoying your birthday pal.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:48 am

Gringo Twatburger wrote:

Does anyone remember...

Cheers

Not seen you on here much lately. Believe it or not despite wanting to shout at you half the time, strangely I might have missed you.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PeterParker » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:07 pm

Yeah, fortress.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:08 pm

PeterParker wrote:Yeah, fortress.

house of cards
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Original Dub » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:15 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Yeah, fortress.

house of cards

As in we crumble every time?
Original Dub

Postby zuricity » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:59 am

The opposing teams have learned how to make the Etihad a fortress.Pack all eleven players in your own box.

It takes moments of brilliance like tin tin's pass to sergio to break them down .

Chances ,nevertheless are still being made and Kun especially gets a lot of them. He really could have scored a lot more goals ( and penalties ) already this season.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Cocacolajojo » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:03 pm

The first half, IMO, was as good as it gets. Well almost. Second half is why this thread exists, we are still lacking that focus we had. Pep's absolutely not to blame for that but it is certainly his job to get it back.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby BookJunior » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:41 pm

Original Dub wrote:Stop presenting facts.
They make agendas much more difficult to push

Hahahahaha.

On a more serious note, I hope Txiki is busy looking for players to strengthen our squad because there is a risk we could come up short in the Pseudo Champions League and EPL.

We have much catching up to do.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum