Pep's Press Conference - Pre-Southampton

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Pep's Press Conference - Pre-Southampton

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:09 am

Definitely worth a watch if you've got a spare half hour. Interesting the Pep tells the reporters that Sergio is basically untouchable but some of them have gone away and reported it as 'You can go', as in the Mirror.

He's definitely well aware of these cunts though, telling them to ring him instead of printing lies.

Pep Presser
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Pep's Press Conference - Pre-Southampton

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:16 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Definitely worth a watch if you've got a spare half hour. Interesting the Pep tells the reporters that Sergio is basically untouchable but some of them have gone away and reported it as 'You can go', as in the Mirror.

He's definitely well aware of these cunts though, telling them to ring him instead of printing lies.

Pep Presser

Thanks for posting that Beefy.

I've got to go out now but the first thing I'll do when I get back is watch it.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:21 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Definitely worth a watch if you've got a spare half hour. Interesting the Pep tells the reporters that Sergio is basically untouchable but some of them have gone away and reported it as 'You can go', as in the Mirror.

Pep Presser

Thanks for posting that Beefy.

I've got to go out now but the first thing I'll do when I get back is watch it.

For you pal, anytime ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:15 am

Watch on youtube.com
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:43 am

Cheers mate, wasn't sure on how to embed.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:48 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Cheers mate, wasn't sure on how to embed.

I just wanted to share his natty black jumper with the rest of the world.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby dazby » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:34 pm

It was spot on. They tried to nail him but he smashed them out of the park.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:52 pm

Really enjoyed that Beefy, thanks for posting it.

I actually played it twice over and the most intriguing aspects, for me, not having watched to any great length any of his 'pressers' before, were his mannerisms which seem to further reinforce the feeling that he's a fireball of energy and so single-mindedly driven.

Also agree with Dazzer that he dealt with their questions very skilfully and if anything, I think the 'journos' are a little bit in awe of him and also a little bit fearful.

Thanks again chum, for taking the time to post it.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:07 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Really enjoyed that Beefy, thanks for posting it.

I actually played it twice over and the most intriguing aspects, for me, not having watched to any great length any of his 'pressers' before, were his mannerisms which seem to further reinforce the feeling that he's a fireball of energy and so single-mindedly driven.

Also agree with Dazzer that he dealt with their questions very skilfully and if anything, I think the 'journos' are a little bit in awe of him and also a little bit fearful.

His press conferences are brilliant to listen to. I make a point of watching them all in full and they are great.What player wouldn't want to play for him. Without being unpleasant (even though they deserve it for their appalling line of questions) he manages to put down the reporters time after time.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:58 pm

There were some great put-downs and when he got pissed off with turgid questions (Vinny's future for one) he completely turned it around and ranted about football.

Pep seems to be well versed on the media and is now fighting on all fronts.

Love it!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Justified logic » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:02 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Really enjoyed that Beefy, thanks for posting it.

His press conferences are brilliant to listen to. I make a point of watching them all in full and they are great.What player wouldn't want to play for him. Without being unpleasant (even though they deserve it for their appalling line of questions) he manages to put down the reporters time after time.

...in their own mother tongue.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:19 pm

Great to see Pep, in full flow, he is knocking them out of the ground, fantastic put downs and not only is he building us, he has to educate the morons, every Friday. Who despite his open way with them, continue as they have with the previous managers sit there asking questions about a story they have invented.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:46 pm

Note that the Spanish press are very much to the point, and the reply is equal.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:57 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Note that the Spanish press are very much to the point, and the reply is equal.

Overseas football writers tend to know the difference between a tactic and a tictac. Whereas our home grown set of wankers don't know the difference between a game and a season.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:26 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Note that the Spanish press are very much to the point, and the reply is equal.

Overseas football writers tend to know the difference between a tactic and a tictac. Whereas our home grown set of wankers don't know the difference between a game and a season.

Well put, I like it
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:11 pm

I wonder what Ashton and Custis will have to say in the morning. No doubt emphasising what the likes of the Mirror say rather than what Pep says
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:39 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I wonder what Ashton and Custis will have to say in the morning. No doubt emphasising what the likes of the Mirror say rather than what Pep says

This is what Holt had to say.

Suspicion and scorn fell fast upon Pep Guardiola last week. His fancy foreign goalkeeper made a critical mistake, his Manchester City team were dismantled by Barcelona and suddenly one of the greatest managers of the modern era found himself labelled by some as a charlatan.
They had been waiting for this ever since Guardiola took charge of City in the summer and now all that scarcely suppressed suspicion and envy came tumbling out. City had dropped a few points in the league and, at the Nou Camp, they had been humiliated by Lionel Messi.
Claudio Bravo’s error and subsequent red card was just the excuse many needed to get stuck into Guardiola. Thoroughly rattled by the notion that a goalkeeper ought be able to pass the ball to one of his own players, they seemed relieved that Guardiola had suffered a setback. The fact that he was only a few games into his tenure mattered little to them.

Not quite as good as he thinks he is, the argument went. Not quite as clever as all those hipsters would have you believe. Can’t cope with the intensity of our league. Fine when he’s got Messi in his side but not so smart when he hasn’t. Tactically naive. Not suited to the hurly-burly of the Premier League. An impostor, basically.
But here’s the thing about Guardiola and the way his teams play the game: I would rather watch one of his failures than 1,000 of the successes of the pragmatists that crowd English club football. I would rather see him try, fail and try again than watch him cleave to the stodgy mass of normality.
If I could only have attended one match in this past calendar year —notwithstanding Leicester’s amazing run to the league title — it would have been, without question, City’s victory over Manchester United at Old Trafford on September 10.

Because it was the best English club performance I have seen for a number of years and because its confidence and its eloquence and its level of technical accomplishment felt like a direct challenge to the old order, the old way of doing things. Can’t cope with our intensity? That performance was on a whole new level of intensity.
On Friday, in an impassioned defence of his methods that lasted more than half an hour, Guardiola denied it had ever been his intention to change our game. But whether it is his intention or not, if he succeeds, change it he will.
It is better to watch a coach like him suffering the highs and lows that boldness brings than it is to lionise the empty victories of flatline safety-first football philosophies that brought us occasions like last Monday’s stultifying draw between Manchester United and Liverpool.

Manchester City players show their dejection on a miserable night at the Nou Camp
Sure, we can praise Jose Mourinho for organising a defensive masterclass that night but can we say what United will stand for under him other than trying to grind out victory?
As many have pointed out, it is hard to say what United’s identity is now but we already know that if we go to watch City this season, we will see a team that will try to thrill us. Nothing displays our football DNA more clearly than when a coach like Guardiola arrives in the Premier League and tries to do something a little bit differently.
Playing it out from the back is still regarded as something effete. Because the technical ability of English players, in particular, is still so primitive, encouraging the goalkeeper to pass the ball is viewed as an accident waiting to happen. It brings out the ‘Get Rid Of It’ primal scream in English Football Man.

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho looks on during Monday's match against Liverpool
Guardiola is not alone in trying to innovate in the English club game and many will dispute the idea that he can revolutionise the way we play but his pedigree and his early work at City, who play Southampton at the Etihad today, suggest that he could be about to implement the biggest step-change in our football since Arsene Wenger’s arrival at Arsenal 20 years ago.
Wenger was mocked, too, of course, both for being a football purist and for changing the refuelling habits of our elite players.
Many said that he would never succeed, that he would be defeated by our culture, but he proved them wrong and now his attitude represents orthodoxy in the Premier League.
Guardiola’s attempt at change is happening on the pitch. We have seen that already in some of City’s performances. It is there in the unbending commitment to the passing game, right the way through the side, it is there in the manic determination to win the ball back fast and high up the pitch and it is there in the belief that this style is capable of winning the Premier League.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has been mocked for being a football purist
We may not always see it but we are desperately resistant to real change on the pitch. Remember when Rio Ferdinand emerged as a young star and it was obvious that if ever there was an Englishman born to play as sweeper, it was him? We all know how that worked out.
He ended up as a conventional centre-half for Manchester United. He was an extremely good conventional centre-half but there was always a sense that an opportunity had been lost. Ferdinand became a victim of our conservative English football order.
That conservatism is one of the things that holds us back. That fear of risk. That unwillingness to countenance real change. That suspicion of change. That desire to shout it down and hound it out. That’s what’s happening to Guardiola now, as we knew it would.
Guardiola probably knew it, too, but he is a football evangelist and he will remain resolute. ‘I’m not going to change,’ he said on Friday. ‘If it’s not going well in the future, I’ll go home.’
For all manner of reasons, let’s hope that is not any time soon. Whatever Guardiola says about the impact he hopes to have, his arrival here represents a chance to take a great leap forward.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Bluedj » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:39 am

That's a great read. Well done Holt.
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:41 am

Aye. And basically dissing Mourinhos ethos at the same time
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:49 am

Oliver Holt is a fuckin prick whose always stuck the boot in since we've been taken over.

Just because he's given us a good read out of about 500 he's done I'm not going to suck him off.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum