Lawro v Degenerate Predictions V Southampton (H)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro v Degenerate Predictions V Southampton (H)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:01 pm

Lawro's opponent for this week's Premier League fixtures is Joe Clarke, who won kayak gold for Great Britain at the Rio Olympics.

The 23-year-old Stafford and Stone Canoe Club slalom canoeist is a lifelong Stoke City fan and told BBC Sport: "I first went to watch them with my granddad when I was about eight.

"I just remember that it was very cold. But it is always cold there. That is what resonates with me as a Potters fan - it is always cold, but we always go."

Lawro says

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37695277

Southampton look very solid at the back and do not seem to make too many mistakes. At the other end, Charlie Austin is going through the sort of spell where he cannot miss.

What Saints need is a combination of Austin's finishing prowess and Shane Long's legs - Long gets in lots of great positions but misses lots of chances, whereas Austin hardly seems to miss a chance, but cannot run away from anyone.

City's defeat by Barcelona means they have now gone four games without a win in all competitions, but they were still top of the league going into the weekend.

Some people might be painting it as a crisis at Etihad Stadium, but it really isn't.

I am expecting Manchester City to bounce back from their 4-0 defeat at the Nou Camp in midweek. Sergio Aguero will be fit and available and he should start.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Joe's prediction: I can see a big win for City. 3-0.

Merson says

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... redictions

This is a difficult game for City. They had their confidence shot at the Nou Camp, but I think they'll just get a result here.

I agree that City are short of the players Pep Guardiola wants. They've got to change their style of play slightly, you can't keep rolling out from the back, because teams will just close you down.

Also, you put a bit of a pressure on the goalkeeper. I want a goalkeeper who is going to make a save, not spray it around the pitch all day.

Southampton will be a threat, and will give them a really good game, but I'm going with City.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1 (7/1 with Sky Bet)

I don't think Pep will listen to Merson's Ramblings. How is he still being paid for this tripe
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro v Degenerate Predictions V Southampton (H)

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:15 pm

How does DC know our confidence is shot? Good of him to tell us what sort of keeper he wants. Then after all that he goes for a City win!

Lawro BAU
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:18 pm

Must say I didn't think DCs ramblings were too far off the mark. We know we are short of a player or two and we know that our Goalie invites pressure due to the way Pep wants us to play. Not sure how much our confidence has been shot but I doubt we were bouncing off the walls after a 4-0 defeat. Southampton are in good form and I'd be shocked if they didn't give a good account of themselves.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:30 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:How does DC know our confidence is shot? Good of him to tell us what sort of keeper he wants. Then after all that he goes for a City win!

Lawro BAU

I'm sure Guardiola will change our style of play to suit Merson's tastes.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby sheblue » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:18 pm

Mersons tastes? Careful there now we don't need a team full of alco muppets.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:50 pm

Pair of cunts!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Return to The Maine Football forum