Studs

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Studs

Postby Bluedj » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:32 am

After last nights many errors, it seems that there was one before a ball was kicked

We probably will agree we were playing reasonably well until Fern1 slipped before Messi's first goal

So who decides what footwhere/ studs the lads use and why we're so many of our players slipping all through this match. How can this be prevented in the future? It's a seriously viable question
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Re: Studs

Postby Original Dub » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:44 am

Bluedj wrote:After last nights many errors, it seems that there was one before a ball was kicked

We probably will agree we were playing reasonably well until Fern1 slipped before Messi's first goal

So who decides what footwhere/ studs the lads use and why we're so many of our players slipping all through this match. How can this be prevented in the future? It's a seriously viable question

De Bruyne slipped quite a few times also, it just wasn't at crucial moments like poor Fernandinho.

But there seemed to be a lot of slipping going on, so it certainly is a viable topic.
Original Dub

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:46 am

Original Dub wrote:
Bluedj wrote:After last nights many errors, it seems that there was one before a ball was kicked

De Bruyne slipped quite a few times also, it just wasn't at crucial moments like poor Fernandinho.

But there seemed to be a lot of slipping going on, so it certainly is a viable topic.

They watered the pitch before the game and again at half time according to the panel. It's something Barca do. Why would Pep not know that?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:48 am

Most teams water pitches before games and at half time don't they! Nothing unusual
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:50 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Most teams water pitches before games and at half time don't they! Nothing unusual

Exactly.
Sack the boot boy.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Original Dub » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:09 pm

Yes they do...

So maybe it's something to do with the studs?!
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:23 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Most teams water pitches before games and at half time don't they! Nothing unusual

They have to.....its one of the rules if Im not mistaken.

The slipping was comedy gold that just should not have happened....its one of the reasons we lost the game last night.

Its a very valid point to bring up....someone is responsible for this oversight.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:51 pm

Original Dub wrote:Yes they do...

It was like The Dubs v Mayo, first time around.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Original Dub » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:00 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Yes they do...

It was like The Dubs v Mayo, first time around.

Haha true, but those conditions.... the worst kind for a game of GAA
Original Dub

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:27 pm

Ferna 1 slips has he done that before?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby ruralblue » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:26 pm

They do water pitches before and during but you didn't see any of the Barca lads like Bambi on ice so why ours?
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby nottsblue » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:28 pm

Thought Mase had started another Kolarov thread
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Original Dub » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:28 pm

ruralblue wrote:They do water pitches before and during but you didn't see any of the Barca lads like Bambi on ice so why ours?

Maybe the studs jimbo?

;)
Original Dub

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:30 pm

Most times, they don't have to bother watering pitches in Manchester; it gets done automatically.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby freshie » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:22 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

They watered the pitch before the game and again at half time according to the panel. It's something Barca do. Why would Pep not know that?

The Barca players didn't slip though. However, they dived around like a bunch of soft twats as usual
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Return to The Maine Football forum