Another Kick In The Teeth For Kun

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Another Kick In The Teeth For Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:41 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Dimples wrote:Kun does not fit the template.
He adapts or he is gone.
It is all about team, not Kun's goals.
Messi's is team first then the goals follow.
Look how Suarez has adapted.

Kun has got his warning.
Shape up or ship out.

Much as I love Kun, I fear this is spot on.

Mmmmmm, Suarez adapting to play with the likes of Messi, Neymar, Iniesta etc, in a Barca side that has had a settled formation and players. Are we really in agreement with this, is this the same situation?

Kun shouldn't be in this situation and I'm not sure he is, it's just a debate. What I will say though is that from my point of view, Pep doesn't like to be overshadowed, which ain't a bad thing, but note how he is shaping and depleting the team of those who may have a say. Joe gone, Yaya in the bath, Kompany played for the 90 which is against what he has done with the likes of Gundogan and Sane, at younger ages. Some may say a good thing but in some cases it comes down to leaders, as we needed last night.

It's OK when you're riding the wave and are top dog in countries that don't really have real challengers but in this league it is do difficult to be above every team mainly due to the variables.

Looking at Barca, they don't really have any stand out leaders, they have that ingrained thing that they all play to their ability, or at least if they're playing not so well, others take up the slack. We are nowhere near that yet and still need certain players to step up and take everybody else with them.

We are now looking at any thought of an ego, you're out the door, but in Sergio's case, I don't think he/we should take that risk.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dimples » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:52 pm

Paddy was a leader.
Keane was a leader.

What we had was a 'gang' of egos - who happened to be excellent footballers - when arsed.
Not leaders in the same way as Paddy and Keane - selfless.

Pep is going to have one leader - himself.
This is a good thing.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Tru_Blu » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:34 am

EVERYBODY NEEDS TO CALM DOWN!!!! FORM IS TEMPORARY

KUN IS A LEGEND
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:43 am

I think it's fair to mention that the only reason he is not playing is because he is not fit.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:25 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:I think it's fair to mention that the only reason he is not playing is because he is not fit.

Me too, hence why I said it two pages back :lol:
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:42 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:I think it's fair to mention that the only reason he is not playing is because he is not fit.

Great minds, Lee.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:37 am

Dimples wrote:Paddy was a leader.
Keane was a leader.

What we had was a 'gang' of egos - who happened to be excellent footballers - when arsed.
Not leaders in the same way as Paddy and Keane - selfless.

Pep is going to have one leader - himself.
This is a good thing.

You've lost me now, are you saying the likes of Vinny haven't got that quality? I'm assuming that we don't need any of that, now Pep's here.

Baffling.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Two's Kompany » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:40 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

Great minds, Lee.

You two need to get with reality, him and Kompany were DROPPED. I knows that because the rag top newspapers teld me! :o
Just how you drop someone who hasn't completed a full game in months I'm not sure. :mrgreen:
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

Postby Original Dub » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:04 am

The fucking hysteria on here is breathtaking.
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:45 am

If there was some sort of issue between Pep and Kun as is being insinuated wouldn't Kelechi have been on the bench instead of him on Wednesday?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:52 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:If there was some sort of issue between Pep and Kun as is being insinuated wouldn't Kelechi have been on the bench instead of him on Wednesday?

As soon as we hit a bump in the road the scum that is the English media were bound to start back up with their shit. Aguero is about to sign a contract extension meaning he'll be here with us till he's 32.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby City64 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:57 am

Original Dub wrote:The fucking hysteria on here is breathtaking.

Jonny Croissant started it !
Last edited by City64 on Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:50 am

Since Tezez we have not had the work rate. Tevez would have been the player I think Pep would want in this system he is going to make work whatever happens. Spurs and Barca for me was learning for Pep, we played ok in both but never had the tempo right and where they take chances we are wasteful. 1st goal is massive. As for Kun if we are moving him on. We need to find 30 goals pronto. Tezez love him loathe him he set the tone for the team to be at it from the 1st whistle.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:17 am

Hazy2 wrote:Since Tezez we have not had the work rate. Tevez would have been the player I think Pep would want in this system he is going to make work whatever happens. Spurs and Barca for me was learning for Pep, we played ok in both but never had the tempo right and where they take chances we are wasteful. 1st goal is massive. As for Kun if we are moving him on. We need to find 30 goals pronto. Tezez love him loathe him he set the tone for the team to be at it from the 1st whistle.

Whilst Tevez' workrate was exemplary I'm not sure he'd fit with Pep, too maverick.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dubciteh » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:56 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Since Tezez we have not had the work rate. Tevez would have been the player I think Pep would want in this system he is going to make work whatever happens. Spurs and Barca for me was learning for Pep, we played ok in both but never had the tempo right and where they take chances we are wasteful. 1st goal is massive. As for Kun if we are moving him on. We need to find 30 goals pronto. Tezez love him loathe him he set the tone for the team to be at it from the 1st whistle.

Whilst Tevez' workrate was exemplary I'm not sure he'd fit with Pep, too maverick.

Tevez for me was a superior player than Aguero, Aguero far more likeable, i would love a young tevez back.

I think we need a new striker either way, we have kun and a very inexperienced Iheanacho and nothing else....thats not enough.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby City64 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:58 am

Sergio going nowhere , tactical decision in nou camp = pep presser this afternoon
Last edited by City64 on Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby dick dastardley » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:23 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Tevez for me was a superior player than Aguero, Aguero far more likeable, i would love a young tevez back.

I think we need a new striker either way, we have kun and a very inexperienced Iheanacho and nothing else....thats not enough.

we have jesus coming in jan, our concern is the defence, shocking and if you have a clown in goal it doesnt instill any confidence in our defenders. Pep may well offload kompany in january you cant pay someone 200k+ and always injured. i think bonucci may well fill kompanys boots if we can prise him away
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:40 pm

Some information is now coming out following the press conference’s completion...

• Pep Guardiola says Vincent Kompany and Sergio Aguero are in his long-term plans.

Kompany wasn’t fit for the match against Barcelona in midweek. That’s why he wasn’t in the matchday squad.

Guardiola says Aguero will decide when he leaves City, not the other way around.

Pablo Zabaleta is out of Sunday’s match against Southampton but hasn’t been ruled out of Wednesday’s EFL Cup match against Manchester United.

On Sergio, I said after the game it was a tactical decision. I spoke with Sergio - he was very understanding and helped us from the bench. When Sergio decides to leave it will be his decision. What I saw when (Kompany) is fit is he’s a real centre defender. I like him. But we’ve tried to take care of him.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:45 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Some information is now coming out following the press conference’s completion...

• Pep Guardiola says Vincent Kompany and Sergio Aguero are in his long-term plans.

Kompany wasn’t fit for the match against Barcelona in midweek. That’s why he wasn’t in the matchday squad.

Guardiola says Aguero will decide when he leaves City, not the other way around.

Pablo Zabaleta is out of Sunday’s match against Southampton but hasn’t been ruled out of Wednesday’s EFL Cup match against Manchester United.

On Sergio, I said after the game it was a tactical decision. I spoke with Sergio - he was very understanding and helped us from the bench. When Sergio decides to leave it will be his decision. What I saw when (Kompany) is fit is he’s a real centre defender. I like him. But we’ve tried to take care of him.

For those creating the shit via this thread Aguero was about to COME ON at 1 nil when it was finely poised but then Bravo had 5 minutes of madness so he was stood down on the bench again , Fucking shit stirring on and in this thread is shamefull in the extreme !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mase » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:07 pm

City64 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Some information is now coming out following the press conference’s completion...

For those creating the shit via this thread Aguero was about to COME ON at 1 nil when it was finely poised but then Bravo had 5 minutes of madness so he was stood down on the bench again , Fucking shit stirring on and in this thread is shamefull in the extreme !!!

Who mate? Name names and get some quotes in and we can mock them.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum