***barca v pep's city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***barca v pep's city official match thread***

Postby City64 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:22 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Amazing prediction mr. Tackle.

You read it perfectly. Well done.

Logging off for a while i think

but i keep being told everything is great and that i am boring

You have become a boring cunt to be fair ! :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:24 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
sheblue wrote:A shocking and deeply worrying performance. Utterly pathetic on all fronts.

Disagree a bit here. We had some individual errors that led directly to goals but our general play was good up to the sending off. We caused them problems and on a different day could have been 2-1 up. The formation and tactics were not the problem.

Absolutely this.

I'll be honest, I'm completely baffled by the outrage here. It might say 4 nil but anybody who watched that tonight will by no means think they embarrassed us.

Thrashed will do for SS. Now the reports will come.

We played well, what we would expect, but as a manager you have to play to your strengths or change the players?

How do you change such players in October - January?

But why aren't we changing? That game proved to me that the manager isn't able, or willing to change, unable to adapt to the players he has.

We'll just have to wait for the right players, which is an issue for me.

I don't see much of a problem myself. We need new young full backs and as much as I love him, somebody to do fernandinho's job. We really should've been in for kante.

But we've got aleix Garcia coming through and I reckon he'll be starting next season. Plus we'll get a few more in.

I don't know mate, I've just never felt like this before. Ignoring spurs due to the fact they done us good and proper, the games of worry have been Celtic, Everton and tonight. All three we didn't get the result but I watched them and saw something in a city team I've never seen before and I can't help but feel immensely positive about where we're going. I haven't felt this since when bobby took over.

Maybe I'm a tit by looking at the long game. I knew pep would be given a rough ride and tbh I wrote the season off before it started, seeing this as the beginning of something completely new. From what I've seen, everything fucking excites me, everything just feels positive.

That tonight was like the opposite of when the rags got knobbed there 4 nil in the 90s. That night they were destroyed and embarrassed whereas we put our best performance in against Barca but luck fist fucked us. Not long after the rags became the top team. I hate to draw parallels but I think tonight will be the start of us finally growing up in european competition. I honestly don't believe we'll see a result like that again.

Anyway, I've been on the beers. Feel free to ignore me. I'm a blue drenched in cynicism after growing up through the shite the 90s offered. What I see tonight is excellence with faults. A far cry from where we've come from.

#certifiedpeplicker
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:51 pm

I think whoever the boot boy is. he should be sacked for taking the studs off our players boots.

We would have won otherwise.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Justified logic » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:52 pm

No complaints. Barca were the better team. They saw their opportunities, took them and stuck the ball in the net. That's how you win games - by scoring.

All I'll say about us is that Hart, if he was watching - and I can't imagine he wouldn't have been, would have been laughing his bollocks off at Guardiola and his clown Bravo.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby getdressedmctavish » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:56 pm

Kinky is right. We need a proper defensive midfielder and have done for a while. But the main problem at the mo is mental strength to finish clinically. Pep can train us to pass and run through teams but he cant take penalties or put one on ones in the right spot. I think we will get there with the finishing. When we get Sagna back we will be better defensively. I'm still liking most of what I'm seeing and with a few additions can see us overtaking Barca who had their fair share of duffers. Bravo's mistake was awful but his displays have been sound and his distribution was better than ter Stegen's tonight Face it. Joe aint coming back..
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:06 pm

sheblue wrote:A shocking and deeply worrying performance. Utterly pathetic on all fronts.

Really? That was the best we've played against them in 5 games. The only thing worrying me is how thick our fans are.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby freshie » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:19 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

Really? That was the best we've played against them in 5 games. The only thing worrying me is how thick our fans are.

So true
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby phips » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:30 am

like most of the level-headed people on here i pretty much expected that result.

how many times is that that we've had a man sent off vs Barca? cursed.

this occlude been the best thing to happen to the side this season.
got a little big-headed and full of ourselves. 10 in a row. Pep's here. now they just got embarrassed by the big kid in school.

Bravo out for the rematch pretty much means a loss as well.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Justified logic » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:37 am

phips wrote:like most of the level-headed people on here i pretty much expected that result.

Really? When was the last time our full team - and not a bunch of youths and some squad players - got beat by 4 goals? What's been the worst result of our many games against the likes of Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Dortmund and Barca?
Justified logic

Postby dick dastardley » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:17 am

I'm hoping pep is hurt by that result, hopefully he will dramatically change our style a bit more defensively.
Some of these players are over the hill or not good enough, we aren't good enough for chumps league football therefore stick to domestic cups and leagues even though our owner thinks different.
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:59 am

It doesn't matter how defensive pep plays. If our players present the opposition with clear cut chances we will lose goals.

Three of those goals were our own making. Other than that the "game plan" was OK.

We need to cut out the shambolic decision making.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dunnylad » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:41 am

london blue 2 wrote:It doesn't matter how defensive pep plays. If our players present the opposition with clear cut chances we will lose goals.

Three of those goals were our own making. Other than that the "game plan" was OK.

We need to cut out the shambolic decision making.

Could not agree any more - it was the penalty taking against Everton & it was the poor decision making tonight.
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:07 am

We were a match for them save for an unfortunate slip and a ridiculous brain fart, I fancy our chances at home, wouldn't have said that before last night.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sheblue » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:47 am

Really? Why not stop and think about the Barcelona performance, because against us of all the games we played it was by far their worst.
It was embarrassing to be turned over so easily by a side not at the top of their game and all the fucking excuses and pathetic slurs on fans intellect will not change that.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:53 am

sheblue wrote:

Really? Why not stop and think about the Barcelona performance, because against us of all the games we played it was by far their worst.
It was embarrassing to be turned over so easily by a side not at the top of their game and all the fucking excuses and pathetic slurs on fans intellect will not change that.

because too many on here are too thick to face the truth.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Original Dub » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:46 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
sheblue wrote:

because too many on here are too thick to face the truth.

What is the truth exactly?

Because you're piping up more than any other time since you joined the site, which is strange because we're starting to build something very exciting and you're whinging constantly.

Go and see a fucking doctor so you can go back to posting lame one liners and slagging carl like before.

This new thing you're trying isn't working, whether it's wind up or not.
Original Dub

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:12 am

sheblue wrote:

They were worried about us from the start and that showed in their play. They only stepped it up when we were down to 10 men (for the 4th of 5 games) with that little shithouse Neymar doing his little trick immediately after the 'keeper got sent off. We'll see what happens in the return leg but I for one won't be backing against us.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby sheblue » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:29 am

sheblue wrote:

They were worried about us from the start and that showed in their play. They only stepped it up when we were down to 10 men (for the 4th of 5 games) with that little shithouse Neymar doing his little trick immediately after the 'keeper got sent off. We'll see what happens in the return leg but I for one won't be backing against us.

I wont back against us either, but we will need to (and can) do better, much better, retain the ball better, take our chances when they come, and cut out the simple silly mistakes. That along with the fact that we played with no striker, is what was so annoying about last night. Barca didn't play well and definitely early stages they were there for the taking if we had out act together. But we didn't.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:48 am

kolarov has taken years off my life. ffs get rid!!!!!!!
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:59 am

Sideshow Bob wrote:kolarov has taken years off my life. ffs get rid!!!!!!!

For the first few games, it looked as though Pep had made a footballer out of him and seen things in him that others had not.

I still think there's a footballer in there, somewhere, but definitely not with us.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum