***barca v pep's city official match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***barca v pep's city official match thread***

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:48 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
sheblue wrote:A shocking and deeply worrying performance. Utterly pathetic on all fronts.

Really? That was the best we've played against them in 5 games. The only thing worrying me is how thick our fans are.

Be affraid.
Be very affraid.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:52 am

sheblue wrote:
sheblue wrote:
sheblue wrote:A shocking and deeply worrying performance. Utterly pathetic on all fronts.

Really? That was the best we've played against them in 5 games. The only thing worrying me is how thick our fans are.

Really? Why not stop and think about the Barcelona performance, because against us of all the games we played it was by far their worst.
It was embarrassing to be turned over so easily by a side not at the top of their game and all the fucking excuses and pathetic slurs on fans intellect will not change that.

They were worried about us from the start and that showed in their play. They only stepped it up when we were down to 10 men (for the 4th of 5 games) with that little shithouse Neymar doing his little trick immediately after the 'keeper got sent off. We'll see what happens in the return leg but I for one won't be backing against us.

I wont back against us either, but we will need to (and can) do better, much better, retain the ball better, take our chances when they come, and cut out the simple silly mistakes. That along with the fact that we played with no striker, is what was so annoying about last night. Barca didn't play well and definitely early stages they were there for the taking if we had out act together. But we didn't.

Part of the reason why Barca didn't play so well is the way Pep set us up to play. Extra man in midfield and high pressing so i think it's crap to say they didn't play well so we should have beaten them.

Of course our ball retention could have been better but Batca also press well and iy's not always easy but we did create plenty of good situations and iy's that final third wher we need to improve most to get the goals our play deserves.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:07 pm

Quite simply, the system worked until Bravo had a brain-fart. After that you really can't judge.

We now have to beat them by at least 4 at home to possibly win the group otherwise we'll be up against some very strong sides.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:21 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Really? Why not stop and think about the Barcelona performance, because against us of all the games we played it was by far their worst.
It was embarrassing to be turned over so easily by a side not at the top of their game and all the fucking excuses and pathetic slurs on fans intellect will not change that.

because too many on here are too thick to face the truth.

What is the truth exactly?

Because you're piping up more than any other time since you joined the site, which is strange because we're starting to build something very exciting and you're whinging constantly.

Go and see a fucking doctor so you can go back to posting lame one liners and slagging carl like before.

This new thing you're trying isn't working, whether it's wind up or not.

the truth is that we are massively underperforming with the players we have at our disposal. talent isn't the issue, it's a mindset / application thing.

things that really piss me off are the off field things like those ridiculous matching dsquared travel outfits, players being used to make unfunny content for the website, kdb wasting time trying to make himself the belgian beckham etc, etc

just fucking concentrate on doing a proper job on the fucking pitch.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:25 pm

There's no lack of application tickle. Just before the Bravo sending off the stats flashed up shots 5/2 for Barca 8/4 for us, that's at the Nou Camp.

At the end of the game we had 46% possession despite being a man short for part of the game, that's at the Nou Camp.

As for the trivial things that are winding you up, it sounds to me that you need to get laid.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:26 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:We now have to beat them by at least 4 at home to possibly win the group otherwise we'll be up against some very strong sides.

lol.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Original Dub » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:05 pm

That is some seriously bizarre shit right there mate.

WTF are you talking about? FIBD could be on to something...
Original Dub

Postby phips » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:09 pm

Justified logic wrote:
phips wrote:like most of the level-headed people on here i pretty much expected that result.

Really? When was the last time our full team - and not a bunch of youths and some squad players - got beat by 4 goals? What's been the worst result of our many games against the likes of Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Dortmund and Barca?

care to clarify how anything you posted makes a lick of sense or is at all related to what i wrote?
unless i missed at least 4 matches we haven't played a single one of those clubs yet this season....
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:12 pm

phips wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
phips wrote:like most of the level-headed people on here i pretty much expected that result.

Really? When was the last time our full team - and not a bunch of youths and some squad players - got beat by 4 goals? What's been the worst result of our many games against the likes of Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Juventus, Dortmund and Barca?

care to clarify how anything you posted makes a lick of sense or is at all related to what i wrote?
unless i missed at least 4 matches we haven't played a single one of those clubs yet this season....

You expected a 4-0 did you? Did you also foresee the sending off that would lead to that happening? Once again Phips, you're talking through your arse.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:28 pm

Original Dub wrote:That is some seriously bizarre shit right there mate.

WTF are you talking about? FIBD could be on to something...

weirder than your conspiracy theory shit?! :lol:

go out and buy yourself some more tinfoil
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Original Dub » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:43 pm

What conspiracy theory?

You're obviously trying to become relevant on this site or something, but it's starting to look like Lookmum stole your account.

If life has recently thrown you a shit ball, then I hope things change for the better, but it doesn't mean you have to post negative shit in every thread, especially when it's based on a concern that the club is trying to turn Kevin De Bruyne into David Beckham.

It's fucking weird.
Original Dub

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:41 pm

sheblue wrote:
sheblue wrote:

They were worried about us from the start and that showed in their play. They only stepped it up when we were down to 10 men (for the 4th of 5 games) with that little shithouse Neymar doing his little trick immediately after the 'keeper got sent off. We'll see what happens in the return leg but I for one won't be backing against us.

I wont back against us either, but we will need to (and can) do better, much better, retain the ball better, take our chances when they come, and cut out the simple silly mistakes. That along with the fact that we played with no striker, is what was so annoying about last night. Barca didn't play well and definitely early stages they were there for the taking if we had out act together. But we didn't.

Some of the mistakes won't disappear until we change the personnel. I'm looking at this from the perspective of where we're looking to be in 3 or 4 years and we'll be a damn sight better tuned in by then than we were last night.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby PeterParker » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:53 pm

Happend this weekend.

Watch on youtube.com

One of the most disgusting team in the game. Diving, cheating and acting.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby themoonisblue » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:53 pm

The 4-0 blow was so not expected. It seems like EPL clubs are never going to win in Europe now. All other big European teams defeat an English club every now and then. The flaws in tactics and then the League fatigue all these factors do matter. Sharing a good read on all the flaws EPL clubs have portrayed in Europe since Chelsea's last win in 2012, read it and share your views;
https://goo.gl/I7LDmA
themoonisblue
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:59 pm

themoonisblue wrote:The 4-0 blow was so not expected. It seems like EPL clubs are never going to win in Europe now. All other big European teams defeat an English club every now and then. The flaws in tactics and then the League fatigue all these factors do matter. Sharing a good read on all the flaws EPL clubs have portrayed in Europe since Chelsea's last win in 2012, read it and share your views;
https://goo.gl/I7LDmA

Flaws? A lack of decent studs and a brain fart, analysis done.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Sideshow Bob » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:03 pm

PeterParker wrote:Happend this weekend.

Watch on youtube.com

i watched that match, and it was yet another egregious example of biased officiating and outright corruption. valencia were denied 3 stonewall penalties and had a goal wrongly chalked off. busquets should have seen a second yellow for a deliberate trip to stop a break away. and to top it off the ref just couldn't WAIT to point to the spot allowing barca to win at the death. sickening in the extreme. i dont blame the fans at all for throwing missiles at the cheating wankers.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby PeterParker » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:58 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Happend this weekend.

Watch on youtube.com

i watched that match, and it was yet another egregious example of biased officiating and outright corruption. valencia were denied 3 stonewall penalties and had a goal wrongly chalked off. busquets should have seen a second yellow for a deliberate trip to stop a break away. and to top it off the ref just couldn't WAIT to point to the spot allowing barca to win at the death. sickening in the extreme. i dont blame the fans at all for throwing missiles at the cheating wankers.

Just saw the highlights on that, but the bottle moments is pure ... don't have a word for that.

Just look at Suarez, Mascherano and Busquets dive, then the reaction of the "model" Messi.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby zuricity » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:03 pm

and we have to put up with this shit every week !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:21 pm

That's class!! Neymar giving it large then gets twated!!!

Reminds me of the Ferdinand one where he's giving it some and then some absolute legend City twats him with a coin!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum