Profits and revenues

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Profits and revenues

Postby john@staustell » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:20 am

20M and 390M

Seem to have sneaked out overnight. Can't post the report from my phone but if someone else could oblige?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Profits and revenues

Postby aaron bond » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:15 am

aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:42 am

Ruining football.

(They report is on the OS)
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:49 am

Hooray, what do we win?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:50 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Hooray, what do we win?

No idea. Ask an arsenal fan as they are always celebrating this when others lift trophies?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:20 am

amusing last line 'but.....'

Man City can achieve 'great things' in England & Europe - Khaldoon Al Mubarak

By Simon Stone
BBC Sport
Khaldoon Al Mubarak (left) appointed Pep Guardiola as Manchester City manager this year
Manchester City are embarking on a "critical new phase" after posting record turnover for 2015-16, said chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak.

City's revenue in the year to 31 May 2016 was £391.8m, an increase of 11.4%.

They made a £20.5m profit, with their wage-to-revenue ratio falling to 50%.
Khaldoon said: "We have the playing, coaching and off-field capabilities at our disposal to achieve great things in English and European football in the years ahead."
City's matchday revenue in the period rose by 21% to £52.5m, broadcasting revenue was up 19% to £161.4m, and commercial revenue grew 3% to £177.9m. The club remains debt free.
Since the financial year ended, City have spent £140m on new players, including paying Everton £47.5m for England defender John Stones.

Last season they finished fourth in the Premier League, their worst performance since 2010, but won the League Cup, and reached the Champions League semi-finals for the first time.
They have since appointed former Barcelona and Bayern Munich coach Pep Guardiola as manager, replacing Manuel Pellegrini.
Sheikh Mansour bought the club from former Thaksin Shinawatra in September 2008, and the club's turnover has risen for eight successive years.
Five years ago, the club posted losses of £194.9m in the rush to compete for major trophies.
The latest figures come from a period which included expansion of Etihad Stadium, which raised the capacity by 8,000 to 54,041 and a £265m investment in the club's parent company, City Football Group, by China Media Capital Holdings, which valued the group at $3bn.
"The 2016-17 season represents the beginning of a critical new phase in the evolution of Manchester City," said Khaldoon.

"Manchester City has now reached a level of sporting and commercial maturity that allows one to feed the other."
City are top of the Premier League but have taken only one point from their past two games.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:39 am

standard dig at the end of that article
they just can't help themselves
cunts
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby john@staustell » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:15 am

Wonder what a 'critical phase' is?

3% commercial is pretty crap to be honest - similar sort of thing to what Arsenal do and i wonder if we've hit the wall - considering the vast array of far east suppliers we have signed up there doesn't seem to be much reward - unless it's VERY long term.

We increased the capacity and we got to the semis of the CL, so no surprises in TV money and gate money.

But increase is good and NO DEBT!!!!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:23 am

john@staustell wrote:Wonder what a 'critical phase' is?

3% commercial is pretty crap to be honest - similar sort of thing to what Arsenal do and i wonder if we've hit the wall - considering the vast array of far east suppliers we have signed up there doesn't seem to be much reward - unless it's VERY long term.

We increased the capacity and we got to the semis of the CL, so no surprises in TV money and gate money.

and it could be worse - a lot worse, ask that nice Mr Wardle ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:45 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

We've got a renewal of our Etihad deal to come at some point - considering the yearly amounts negotiated by some clubs recently we should be in line for a major increase there. Plus there's the new TV money to come.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:13 pm

Dameerto wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

We've got a renewal of our Etihad deal to come at some point - considering the yearly amounts negotiated by some clubs recently we should be in line for a major increase there. Plus there's the new TV money to come.

In all probability, we could well make a sizeable loss in the 2016/17 accounts, given our spending this summer, plus any further purchases in the January window.

If the Financial Foul Play regulations are 'strengthened' by UEFA, at any time, we'll have to dance clever to avoid being targeted again (the term "strengthened" being used euphemistically to describe us specifically being 'singled out' by unfair means or foul means).
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby zuricity » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:23 pm

Well Hospitality seats for the Chelsea game are at 400 quid .

No thanks .

The food is average and that price doesn't include your drinks Carl !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:46 pm

Dameerto wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

A football finance expert appeared on SSN this morning called, I think, Dr Dick. He said we were proably the only PL club with a bona fide business plan.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:15 pm

zuricity wrote:Well Hospitality seats for the Chelsea game are at 400 quid .

No thanks .

I actually prefer to be in the stands than a box mate...just as long as Im not sat next to some boring tits , I much prefer it.

And on another note , I don't have a problem spunking a few hundred quid , just as long as its on food and booze and nightlife))
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby zuricity » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:44 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
zuricity wrote:Well Hospitality seats for the Chelsea game are at 400 quid .

No thanks .

I actually prefer to be in the stands than a box mate...just as long as Im not sat next to some boring tits , I much prefer it.

And on another note , I don't have a problem spunking a few hundred quid , just as long as its on food and booze and nightlife))

Me too Carl , but i got told tickets for the Chelsea game have gone !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:22 pm

Also, in light of Chelsea's recent fifteen year, £900m deal with their shirt supplier, we should be looking at reviewing our current deal
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby South Stand Balti » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:04 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

A football finance expert appeared on SSN this morning called, I think, Dr Dick. He said we were proably the only PL club with a bona fide business plan.

The cheeky bastard.......going on Sky and speaking positively about us. He'll be locked up in a cupboard now never to be seen again.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby mr_nool » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:06 pm

nottsblue wrote:Also, in light of Chelsea's recent fifteen year, £900m deal with their shirt supplier, we should be looking at reviewing our current deal

I'd rather that we didn't make a new deal with Nike. We haven't had one good kit since they took over.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:07 pm

mr_nool wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Also, in light of Chelsea's recent fifteen year, £900m deal with their shirt supplier, we should be looking at reviewing our current deal

I'd rather that we didn't make a new deal with Nike. We haven't had one good kit since they took over.

I'd be happy with crappy kits if it meant an extra £30m a year
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby City64 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:42 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

The cheeky bastard.......going on Sky and speaking positively about us. He'll be locked up in a cupboard now never to be seen again.

Yep that's his career fucked lol
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum