the "biggest match in history"

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: the "biggest match in history"

Postby Justified logic » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:37 pm

Telegraph rated them at a collective 73 points, 7 ahead of Liverpool, with De Gea, Bailly and Herrera each rated at 8 (and Sturridge at 3).

So I'm guessing they bossed the game and were unlucky not to win by a margin. No?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:29 pm

Earlier this afternoon, I switched the wireless on and briefly listened to the Hawksby and Jacobs 'show' on Talkspite (Hawksby is a Spurs fan and Jacobs supports Chelsea), when Paddy Power (of Irish bookmaker fame) came on to give the latest betting odds.

Couldn't believe what I was hearing when Paddy Power said last night's game was "rubbish". He reckoned there had been so much build up and expectations had been raised really high, only for the game turning out to be awful to watch and disappointing everyone.

I had to switch off at this point and go out, so I don't know what H & J had to say about it, but such 'honesty' seemed a little refreshing when compared to the long drawn out build up, we all had to painfully suffer.

I also had a chuckle at the thought that not everyone was disappointed when the game turned out to be rubbish :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:31 pm

Lets see what the world wide audience figures for tomorrows match end up being as id like to ram it down a few munchens throats.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Blackadder » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:44 pm

First match I have watched where both teams had less than 25% of the possession. Most of them can trap a ball further than I can kick it.
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx
Blackadder
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Agueroooooooooooo

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:59 pm

Blackadder wrote:First match I have watched where both teams had less than 25% of the possession. Most of them can trap a ball further than I can kick it.

Brilliant :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well done to you.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:11 pm

Apparently last night Mourinho came back in the press conference after he had left to try to claim that the rags had 42% possession as determined by the rags, rather than the 35% that OPTA had them down as having.

Talk about clutching at straws
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:17 pm

nottsblue wrote:Apparently last night Mourinho came back in the press conference after he had left to try to claim that the rags had 42% possession as determined by the rags, rather than the 35% that OPTA had them down as having.

Talk about clutching at straws

Nah, it was to collect his Tizer bottle, cos there's a deposit on them.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:39 pm

Utterly pathetic attempt by Sky to "big up" that pile of shite last night

but how fantastic was the fact it backfired so badly with the truly awful match and what a result for us :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fucking Bin dipper / swamp donkey horror show / turn off :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:10 pm

City64 wrote:Utterly pathetic attempt by Sky to "big up" that pile of shite last night

but how fantastic was the fact it backfired so badly with the truly awful match and what a result for us :lol: :lol: :lol:

All's I've heard is the media asking why was it so dull with some dickhead then explaining how it was a masterclass from Bourinho to prevent the unstoppable train from scoring.

There was no conviction in there though, they couldn't even have cheered the Rags up. It was embarrassing, 1 shot against their supposed fiercest rivals.

Reminds me of the Kompany game, but we were much better than the Dippers.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:59 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
City64 wrote:Utterly pathetic attempt by Sky to "big up" that pile of shite last night

All's I've heard is the media asking why was it so dull with some dickhead then explaining how it was a masterclass from Bourinho to prevent the unstoppable train from scoring.

There was no conviction in there though, they couldn't even have cheered the Rags up. It was embarrassing, 1 shot against their supposed fiercest rivals.

Reminds me of the Kompany game, but we were much better than the Dippers.

One Manchester radio station this morning was claiming a moral victory for the rags as they are the first team to take a point at Anfield this season ??? like has been mentioned elsewhere it just shows how far they have fallen and clutching at draws / straws lol
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby zuricity » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:09 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:One fucking shit on target, that is a disgraceful stat whichever way look at it!

Went to see my Mum today, about an hours drive.
Had talkshite on and they were all forecasting a high scoring game, favourite seemed to be 4-3 to scouse.
Fucking , sycophants

What evidence could anyone produce that rags are a high scoring team?

Family man seems to score a lot ,!
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:04 pm

James Milner WTF is his game gets tacked hugs the turf with his face . What a twat happy the cunt has gone.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:02 am

Did the fat lady sing at the end ?
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:37 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Earlier this afternoon, I switched the wireless on and briefly listened to the Hawksby and Jacobs 'show' on Talkspite (Hawksby is a Spurs fan and Jacobs supports Chelsea), when Paddy Power (of Irish bookmaker fame) came on to give the latest betting odds.

Couldn't believe what I was hearing when Paddy Power said last night's game was "rubbish". He reckoned there had been so much build up and expectations had been raised really high, only for the game turning out to be awful to watch and disappointing everyone.

I had to switch off at this point and go out, so I don't know what H & J had to say about it, but such 'honesty' seemed a little refreshing when compared to the long drawn out build up, we all had to painfully suffer.

I also had a chuckle at the thought that not everyone was disappointed when the game turned out to be rubbish :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

on the drive time they were speculating how boring the rags v chavs game will be this season. the tide is definitely turning...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:50 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Earlier this afternoon, I switched the wireless on and briefly listened to the Hawksby and Jacobs 'show' on Talkspite (Hawksby is a Spurs fan and Jacobs supports Chelsea), when Paddy Power (of Irish bookmaker fame) came on to give the latest betting odds.

on the drive time they were speculating how boring the rags v chavs game will be this season. the tide is definitely turning...

Not before time, NT.

i just wish I could have listened a bit longer to catch Hawksby and Jocobs' replies to Paddy Power.

With both of them supporting other teams, there must have been a temptation to put the boot in; don't suppose though they felt able to desert the official line and tell the truth instead.

Still, from tiny acorns.......
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby john@staustell » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:05 pm

On 'tides turning', viewers of Pointless may have spotted a recent question about naming teams in the '3rd round of the FA Cup in 2014'.

Biggest scorer was of course the Evils. Arsenal were 3rd.

2nd was 'Manchester City'.

May seem a bit trivial but 3 years ago I doubt we'd make the top 6, let alone 10 years ago! just shows awareness among the general population.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:13 pm

zuricity wrote:Did the fat lady sing at the end ?

Is that Mourinho's wife you could be referring to ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby City64 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:58 pm

Spanish media going with tonight's game in the Nou Camp is the biggest in the world !
Fuck off Sky hahahahaha
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum