So What Do We Think of Pepman Now?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Pep Guardiola is....

A godlike genius. He is taking us to places.
83%
enigma. I'm sitting on a fence here
17%
Reincarnation of Mark Hughes... possibly Alan Ball's illegitimate son.
No votes

Total votes : 63

Re: So What Do We Think of Pepman Now?

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:41 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Getting rid of hart was a "ridiculous" move?

How are you so sure about that?

I'm pretty sure it was a silly move.

So what you reckon then, should Pep have adapted his whole style of play to suit Hart?

Or perhaps coach Hart to fit his system. Hart is a world class shot stopper and probably best goalkeeper in the world in one-on-ones (in Pep's posession football this is pretty important). His only real weakness, and often wildly exaggarated one, is his passing. He has his system which I very much appreciate but every system can be tweaked and players can be coached.

You cannot coach someone as old as Hart footballing skills...he is what it says on the tin.

Hart cannot pass for shit unless its, trap the ball under ZERO pressure , pass it forward under ZERO pressure , pass it sideways under ZERO pressure.

Any pressure and its in row Z and any other time its hoofed down the pitch to one of their players.He also punches the ball from corners when he could catch it.

Im glad hes gone...Im not over the moon with Bravo replacing him but considering they wanted Ter over him we didn't have much choice, but having said that , Bravo does more for our exciting brand of football than Hart has or will ever do.,,,,,next season he wont be here either so we will just have to put up with some mistakes here and there.....the fuckign rest of our lot should be putting chances away and then we wont have to worry about Bravo.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Justified logic » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:49 am

Here's Pep's oft quoted but seemingly never documented 5-game winless streak at Barca.

14 Feb 2009 Real Betis (A) 2-2
21 Feb 2009 Espanyol (H) 1-2
24 Feb 2009 Lyon (A) 1-1 (Champions League round of 16 1st leg; won 6-3 on aggregate)
01 Mar 2009 Atlético Madrid (A) 4-3
04 Mar 2009 Mallorca (A) 1-1 (Copa del Rey, semi-final 2nd leg; won 3-1 on aggregate)

And here's the current winless sequence.

28 Sep 2016 Celtic (A) 3-3 (Champions League group stage)
02 Oct 2016 Spurs (A) 2-0
15 Oct 2016 Everton (H) 1-1
19 Oct 2016 Barcelona (A) 4-0 (Champions League group stage)
23 Oct 2016 Southampton (H) 1-1
Last edited by Justified logic on Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:02 am

Hopefully our season ends the way that one did !
Original Dub

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum