Something to get you the mood for Wednesday

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Something to get you the mood for Wednesday

Postby CuteMancs » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:17 pm

I just can't say anything nice about Celtic, so I thought I would start this with a quote from the club about their current manager...

Enjoy :)

"We have appointed a special manager and we are sure he can bring some special times to Celtic."

Team Selection

Gordon 

Lustig Sviatchenko Toure Simunovic Tierney 

Forrest Brown Bitton Sinclair

Dembele

And the rest...

Get in the them with our 12th man anything is possible we've seen it before against the so called heavyweights coy big.

Bring them on

0-3...Think we'll be on the receiving end of a scheme booting. Regardless of who starts between DDV and Gordon.

De Bruyne done his hamstring today. Looks like he is out for next week. Good news for us.

Not liking this. He has them very fit, if we don't match their pressing we're offed.

Can't wait to see Tierney go right through Sterling

First goal will be crucial. If we can get it you never know...Expecting a pumping though

A doddle

Would love to do this shower of money laden nobodies.

We need to press and harry them the way Atletico Madrid unsettle Barca teams. If we sit off the way we did against Barcelona then we'll get our arses tanned again
2-2 thriller

It's great to be back in the CL but again we're right up against it on Wednesday. No point in getting all negative so just hope we can do ourselves justice and put up a respectable performance. Our cup finals in this group will be against the Germans.

I'm probably going to regret saying this but I think we will beat them.

FFS - blow the whistle now ref

We'll be doing incredibly well to get anything out of the game. The gulf in class - from Boyd to Aguero - is just too much for us to bridge...Make them work for it though and who knows.

Pfft. Boyd's twice the player Aguero is. Maybe even three times the player. If we can cope with him, we can cope with anything.

Absolutely hate city...Everyone needs to be top of their game. Heart says 1-1 but head says 0-2...
Anything can happen

When the draw was made, I thought this was one of the games where we could pick up a point. Now, I'm not so sure. Man City look brilliant under Guardiola...We're 9/1 to win this. I can't remember seeing us at that type of price for any home fixture, even the 2-1 victory against Barca.
I hope we play the same formation against City as we do in the spl.Go for it.If we lose at least go down fighting and anyway playing 5 at the back didn't do us any favours in Barcelona.I think city might go into the game over confident and they'll not have experienced an atmosphere as they will on Wednesday.

This is the most pessimistic I've ever felt about a CL game at home. Even if we play as well as we can I fear that we'll get pumped

Celtic, I call on thee to smite the soulless behemoth!

Man City are one hell of a team,their front line was scary today BUT we have faced bigger teams with lesser Celtic teams than our present squad and beat them....Come Ahead!!!

The draw was unkind, any chance of European football after Christmas depends on results at home. They can't even sell out a home game (have much respect for the fans), this is the best opportunity of the three games at home for the fans to be the difference...No fear. Don't think we'll lose and wouldn't take a draw now.

Their attack is fantastic, they will cause us plenty of bother and likely score a few. On the other hand, their central defence is worth asking a few questions of and, with the 'full backs' playing so high and in the channels there is scope to suggest that we can bother them....Celtic 4 Manchester City 1

City seem to be in awesome form just now. In saying that, we've encountered English teams when they've been in top form (Blackburn, Liverpool, Arsenal) and given okay performances. Man city (and our current side) are different proposition from past teams tho

We have proved time and time again that we are capable of beating ANYONE at Celtic Park. If we had big Fraser in goals I would be quietly confident of getting something on Wednesday, can just pray Gordon has a wonderful night.

When we played Barcelona in the Nou Camp a couple of weeks ago I knew we had absolutely no chance of winning. Although I don't expect us to do so on Wednesday I wouldn't say it's impossible. The Celtic Park crowd under the floodlights is a great leveller. Obviously De Bruyne being out is another huge positive for us. We have upset the odds before against the teams mentioned in fatboab's post and you just never know.

I don't think we'll get stuffed like the Barca game. It's going to be a tight game (I think/hope)...
Hopefully, it's just one of those nights we're really up for it (backs against the wall) and we produce something incredible.

There's the added aspect that we've got a handful of players with extra incentive for turning it on against Man City...Toure - ex player (and captain), will want to show fans of his old club that he's still got it and isn't playing in Scotland because he can't hack it any more...Sinclair - ex-player, never really made the grade there, is on record as saying he doesn't think Mancini gave him a proper chance in the team...Roberts - on loan playing against his parent club - if he gets game time (probably not merited on recent form) he'll be desperate to catch Guardiola's eye and prove he has a future with Man City...Dembele - shop window opportunity to prove he can do some damage against the top EPL sides...Obviously that could end up going either way for any of those players - could inspire them to the game of their lives, or could see them freeze or have a mad moment that costs us.

Someone's going to beat Man City this year and barring one or two exceptions, it'll raise a few eyebrows...Might as well be the first.

Before the Barca game I thought we should play 5 at the back against City, in both ties. Having seen the shambles we were, with no one having a clue who they were picking up, I've changed my mind...Need to pick up points at home to have any chance of finishing third. We may as well play our natural game and 4-3-3. If we get scudded 2-5 so be it.

They're good, but they ain't anywhere near Barca. A good night for Gordon in goals, no defensive blunders and take our chances - I'm certain we will create quite a few, and we'll get something from this. 2-1 Celtic.

Man City don't have world class players in every position...They have one world class player.

We are gonna pump these wannabes.

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Something to get you the mood for Wednesday

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:52 pm

Who the fuck is this Boyd character who is twice the player Aguero is?

Money laden nobodies. Fuck off

Hope we wipe the smug grin off Rodgers grid.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby City64 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:57 pm

Well , a couple of sensible cunts amongst that shower of pissed up bigoted drivel !
Hate Celtic and their fans they can proper fuck off , Bodgers can fuck off bigtime aswell ................ this is a little war lets smash the classless cunts !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:58 pm

I wonder which of Silva, Aguero and DeBruyne miss out on the world class tag.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby South Stand Balti » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:13 pm

Interesting reading. I think it will be tough....not sure I could cope with Rodgers if the unthinkable happened.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby mr_nool » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:14 pm

Soulless behemoth?
Fuck off! Celtic's a has-been behemoth. They used to matter now they're just the brightest kid in a special needs class.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:54 pm

I suppose Brentan will unleash the crowd on us again. Funny how they think we won't have experienced anything like it when most of our players have played in Madrid, Barca and those supposed hotbeds at Anfield and the Swamp on a regular basis. Also funny our some of them 'hate' a team in a foreign league - tartan rags I suppose. Ah well, lets stuff em anyway.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:17 pm

After reading that, I think I'd prefer to listen to Rangers' fans.

What a deluded, misguided shower.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:18 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:After reading that, I think I'd prefer to listen to Rangers' fans.

It's as if they have some sort of affinity with the rags.....
nottsblue

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:25 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:After reading that, I think I'd prefer to listen to Rangers' fans.

Nail on the head NB.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:03 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Likelihood is many of those posting are Irish so will probably also label themselves u****d fans when it suits, that "hate" post definitely stinks of rag.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby ashton287 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:21 pm

Fuck me. What a bunch of deluded horrible little cunts.

Why are they so arsed about our money, not even in the same fucking league.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby City64 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:21 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Likelihood is many of those posting are Irish so will probably also label themselves u****d fans when it suits, that "hate" post definitely stinks of rag.

Celtic have a thing going with the rags and the dippers . Very possibly relating to there bigoted religious views ??? aswell as being pissed up drunken cunts, very toxic indeed .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:28 pm

For as long as I can remember, Celtic have had it relatively easy.

They've played, for many years now, in a Mickey Mouse League with only one other team (Rangers) to worry about and stand in their way of retaining the title.

They've never experienced the instability effect of multiple relegations followed by desperate promotions, over a prolonged period of over two, relatively recent decades, the way we have. They've always had big crowds and have never had to face financial hardship and the possibility of bankruptcy.

For most of their games they only have to turn up to get the points and they could never have coped with what we've had to go through, until our present owners arrived.

And then their mindless fans come up with comments such as "We are going to pump these wannabes" and "Would love to do this shower of money laden nobodies".

An abject Club with abject, moronic, deluded followers......apart from that, I can't stand them and never have.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:37 pm

City64 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Celtic have a thing going with the rags and the dippers . Very possibly relating to there bigoted religious views ??? aswell as being pissed up drunken cunts, very toxic indeed .

Not sure about the religious bit ( don't fancy getting into another conversation on that topic ) but again I'd say that the dipper affinity is thanks in no small part to the Irish connection. It'd be interesting to see what these glory hunting gobshites would do if Celtic ever joined the Premier League.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:45 pm

City64 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Not sure about the religious bit ( don't fancy getting into another conversation on that topic ) but again I'd say that the dipper affinity is thanks in no small part to the Irish connection. It'd be interesting to see what these glory hunting gobshites would do if Celtic ever joined the Premier League.

Not a chance Celtic will ever play in the PL. Bottom line is they are simply not good enough, irrespective of the practicalities of how it would work, whether they were to be shoehorned in or have to work their way through the league system like a Swansea and Cardiff for example.
nottsblue

Postby patrickblue » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:47 pm

Celtic have always been the Scottish rags.
One things for sure though, with Brendan managing them, they're sure to be outstanding.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby patrickblue » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:52 pm

City64 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

They'd be one of those clubs yo-yoing between the Championship and League 1
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:06 pm

Fukinell C u jimmy ..had a shit day at work then read that load of haggis , good job I don't have a cat
Fukin Krankies the lot of em .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:29 am

City64 wrote:Well , a couple of sensible cunts amongst that shower of pissed up bigoted drivel !
Hate Celtic and their fans they can proper fuck off , Bodgers can fuck off bigtime aswell ................ this is a little war lets smash the classless cunts !!!

64, check the latest post in the "introduced yourself thread"

I think the first paragraph is specially for you :-)

Might be of interest to others going to the game too, although may be not as early as 64
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum