Lawro and degenerate Predictions v Swansea (A)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Lawro and degenerate Predictions v Swansea (A)

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:05 pm

Its all getting rather dull since we beat the rags, nobody predicted us to beat the filthy twats, now they cant get their tongue out of our crack!

Lawro's opponent for this week's Premier League fixtures is world number one darts player Michael van Gerwen
The Dutchman is a PSV Eindhoven fan, whose hero as a boy was Ruud van Nistelrooy.
"Ruud was probably my favourite player, but I was a big fan of Mark van Bommel too," Van Gerwen told BBC Sport.
"PSV are doing all right at the moment - we took four points out of six against Manchester United in the Champions League group stage last season - but overall right now Dutch football is not very strong."

Lawro says

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37431114

Francesco Guidolin has only been in charge of Swansea since the end of January, and he missed a couple of games last season because of illness, so it seems a little bit early to be talking about him being on his way out.

But that is the way the Premier League works these days, and there is already speculation over Guidolin's future.

Playing Manchester City twice in three days is unlikely to help, with City boss Pep Guardiola chasing his 10th victory from 10 games in charge. I think he will get it too.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Van Gerwen's prediction: 1-3

Merson says

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... -v-man-utd

Manchester City are on a different planet at the moment. At the start of the season you looked at Pep Guardiola, who managed Bayern Munich and Barcelona, and thought, 'those are two teams where you don't have to do too much, you make sure you don't forget the boots, sit down and pick the team'.

But he's come to Man City with virtually the same team as last season and they look unbelievable now. They are playing like Barcelona and it's phenomenal to watch.

They do have to be careful because I saw John Stones take a few chances against Swansea in the EFL Cup, but if they keep it simple they are just too good.

PAUL PREDICTS: 0-3 (Sky Bet odds 8/1)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Lawro and degenerate Predictions v Swansea (A)

Postby nottsblue » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:02 pm

Phew, a regulation 2-0 from Lawro. Must've got a bit giddy after going for the extra goal in last weeks prediction
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:17 pm

Merson still comes out with a load of tripe, but his score line would be acceptable.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Scatman » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:05 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Merson still comes out with a load of tripe, but his score line would be acceptable.

Sounds entirely reasonable comments too me
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:04 pm

Inevitably, right now I'd settle for scraping through with a 1-0 victory.

I just want the three points above all else and anything on top of that would be icing on the cake.

Of course if we continued with our scintillating style of late and, in the process scored four or five goals, I'd be more than happy to be made to look like a complete buffoon.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:46 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Inevitably, right now I'd settle for scraping through with a 1-0 victory.

I just want the three points above all else and anything on top of that would be icing on the cake.

Of course if we continued with our scintillating style of late and, in the process scored four or five goals, I'd be more than happy to be made to look like a complete buffoon.

I'm of a similar persuasion MC. Always take a 1-0, especially away from home as it means another three points in the bag. Goals and style are a very welcome bonus but the win is king
nottsblue

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:14 pm

Cool. DC and Lawro are my fav's at the moment.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby BookJunior » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:12 pm

I watched it and I'm not surprised about Lawro. What else can he say about City?

The results speak for themselves with Pepe.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:10 pm

'those are two teams where you don't have to do too much, you make sure you don't forget the boots, sit down and pick the team'.

Have to wonder why those clubs pay such high salaries to their managers if that's all the job entails.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:24 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:'those are two teams where you don't have to do too much, you make sure you don't forget the boots, sit down and pick the team'.

Have to wonder why those clubs pay such high salaries to their managers if that's all the job entails.

Let us not forget BFS would win the double every year. Even in a two horse race there is a loser
nottsblue

Return to The Maine Football forum