Cityzen Renewal

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Cityzen Renewal

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:42 pm

Can anyone confirmwith me what the renewal procedure is for Cityzen cards.

As others have stated before, I'm finding it very difficult to find myway around the new City site.

I have managed to get into my order history and as far as I can see I joined this day last year.
Does the card automatically renew if you don't opt out or do you have to place an order again?

I found strange City points going onto my card at strange hours in the morning two days ago and don't have the foggiest why?
Could that be renewal?
before getting on to them and asking stupid questions, I thought I'd ask them here first. has anyone any experience here.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Re: Cityzen Renewal

Postby HBlock Cripple » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:20 pm

Can't help much I'm afraid. I paid to renew mine through the ever so efficient ticket office and was assured they would be sent to my new address. Three arrived, eventually and one went to a previous address. Shambles, although an improvement on last year when they sent to an address I vacated 5 years ago. I wish you luck.
HBlock Cripple
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:41 pm

HBlock Cripple wrote:Can't help much I'm afraid. I paid to renew mine through the ever so efficient ticket office and was assured they would be sent to my new address. Three arrived, eventually and one went to a previous address. Shambles, although an improvement on last year when they sent to an address I vacated 5 years ago. I wish you luck.

Yes. It's all a bit weird. I couldn't find a renewal tab and I did find somewhere small print saying you have to opt out each year or something like that.
It put me off signing up again if it is going to be done automatically. Don't want two payments coming off my card.
Then there was the City points going onto my account at wierd hours of the morning???

Anyone else experienced anything like that?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PaulieIrish » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:11 pm

Mine auto-renewed. Didn't get any email or other saying it was going to happen, just a mail with "we took the money from your account for renewal etc."

Not sure I like this tbh.
PaulieIrish
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:06 pm

PaulieIrish wrote:Mine auto-renewed. Didn't get any email or other saying it was going to happen, just a mail with "we took the money from your account for renewal etc."

Not sure I like this tbh.

You should by law be able to ask for it back within 28 days.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby john@staustell » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:56 pm

Ours apparently auto renewed in July but it wasn't clear and I needed a couple of calls to check.

The packs finally arrived last week although we had to have paper tickets for Bournemouth.

There is a bonus this year - the vouchers for food and drink didn't expire before they arrived like last year and last all season!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:55 pm

john@staustell wrote:Ours apparently auto renewed in July but it wasn't clear and I needed a couple of calls to check.

The packs finally arrived last week although we had to have paper tickets for Bournemouth.

There is a bonus this year - the vouchers for food and drink didn't expire before they arrived like last year and last all season!

I wrote to City asking what the story was.
they didn't explain why, but said it was up for renewal on the date I said but they couldn't process it and to join again this year in the usual way.
I did that and got the 'can't be processed message', but went into the order history and can see the order there.
I checked my bank account and can see the transaction pending.
I guess I'll wait and see what happens next. I find the new site quite difficult at times to navigate around. I've got error messages last year also when trying to buy tickets for the Real Madrid match. You get left not knowing whether your transactions are going through or not.
Definitely a downgrade on the way it was.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Return to The Maine Football forum