Holiday at Celtic Manor

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Holiday at Celtic Manor

Postby john@staustell » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:14 am

'.....nightmare scenario of 2 trips to Wales.......'

Once is bad enough!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490

Manchester City are staying at five-star Celtic Manor for the week because of a double-header with Swansea City.
Pep Guardiola’s squad will spend four nights at the retreat and have been given permission by FA Wales to utilise their Dragon Park training facilities nearby.
It is a move partly facilitated by coach Mikel Arteta, who completed his coaching badges at the Welsh equivalent of St George’s Park alongside Chris Coleman’s assistant Osian Roberts.

City faced the nightmare scenario of two trips to south Wales within three days of each other this week.
First they travel to the Liberty Stadium on Wednesday night for the EFL Cup third round clash before the Premier League fixture there on Saturday afternoon.
Doing the 460-mile round trip twice did not appeal to Guardiola, who sought a base for the week instead.
City checked in at Celtic Manor, an hour’s drive away from Swansea, on Tuesday and will remain there until Saturday.

Guardiola outlined the club’s logic, saying: ‘We play Wednesday and Saturday. We play at night on the Wednesday. We are going to finish late.
‘If we come back to Manchester on the Thursday for regeneration and then on the Friday morning, we have to come back again.
‘I would prefer to be there for the regeneration because this week is so important for us. We have two Premier League away games.
‘We have a crucial game in the Champions League in Glasgow, I want us to have a good regeneration, and train well, prepare as well as possible for our two games in Swansea, for our game in the Champions League and for Tottenham away. Everybody will travel down.’
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Re: Holiday at Celtic Manor

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:28 am

Tough job but someone's got to do it I suppose. No stone unturned and all that
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:28 am

Logical and I thought yesterday they'd do summat like this but struggling to think of where they'd stay in Swansea LOL.

Celtic manor isn't too shabby and only about 50 minutes to Swansea stadium as its this side of the city.

Just means they'll have to drive past one if the most depressing looking places on earth... port Talbot from the m4 it's look like a scene from mad max...
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby john@staustell » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:41 am

CTID Hants wrote:Logical and I thought yesterday they'd do summat like this but struggling to think of where they'd stay in Swansea LOL.

Celtic manor isn't too shabby and only about 50 minutes to Swansea stadium as its this side of the city.

Just means they'll have to drive past one if the most depressing looking places on earth... port Talbot from the m4 it's look like a scene from mad max...

Yeah passed that once. Good description.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Justified logic » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:45 am

Security stepped up at Celtic Manor ahead of this week's double header.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:21 am

have a lot of family in that part of the world
every time i cross the severn bridge, it feels like i'm stepping back 20 or so years.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Return to The Maine Football forum