Swan talk EFL edition

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Swan talk EFL edition

Postby CuteMancs » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:03 pm

I was going to leave this until tonight, but there isn't much out there, and you can certainly get an idea of what the home fans are thinking at the moment. It will be interesting to see what they have to say on Thursday...Watch this space!

COME ON CITY !!!

Referee: Keith Stroud
John Flynn and Mark Pottage
Fourth Official: Tim Robinson

Team Selection
Fabianski
Rangel Mawson VDH Kingsley
Leon Fulton
Barrow Sigurdsson Montero
Borja

And the rest..

Mawson cannot play, he is cup-tied having played in Barnsley's 1-2 home defeat to Northampton

Who cares...we will be hammered anyway

A win would be just the tonic we need... I want to see Baston & McB to get a run out... not that bothered about the rest

Whoever's out there, will you please play for the shirt and learn to pass to your own players ffs!

Man City to score at least 5 goals.

HELP

I can't see anything other than a loss. I just hope we keep it respectable…0-3 City, and thats being respectful to the swans

They will field a weakened side and that wont matter as their weakest side is ten times better than us, We may have the players who can win but with the type of football our players are made to play then we have lost before a ball has been kicked.....It's a shame that we have ended up like this and an even bigger shame nobody is doing anything about it.

Guidolin has been shafted..as have the fans. I also think Franco will go if this keeps up. He's after all the cheap option, the yes man fall guy for Jinx and the board. Remember last season, Chelsea sacked their best manager ever due to player power, we'll probably have to bin FG for the same reason, with the way this season is shaping, I hate player power but that is the game these days

Death by a thousand cuts

I actually think we will do all right in this game, simply because we will make a lot of changes and they cant possibly do any worse than what has been selected so far.

Hmmm....one of the worst performing teams in the Prem vs the best? Let me think.....

Would like to see two up front Borja because he needs the game time and Mcburnie because he needs the experience. It's a cup tie so anything could happen

'Yaya Touré and Leroy Sané to start against Swansea, Vincent Kompany could also return!'...And I'm disheartened McBurnie won't get a game ...Man City have been incredibly impressive so far this season & will have outstanding players involved tomorrow night; Saturday they will have an even more immersive group start the game. 25 goals in 8 games and strolling through their European games...Even at our best I believe they would systematically take us apart...Pessimistic? Yes.
Realistic? Yes.

I hope we don't go for the diamond again because it doesn't work. The amount of wasted space on the left side of the pitch was extremely frustrating to watch Sunday. You need to try and give as good as you get against a team like City. I'd prefer to lose 4-0 than play negative boring football and still get beaten by a similar scoreline. We're likely to lose anyway so why not have a go. All I'm expecting is an improved performance…Swans 1-4 City

I dont think Guildo has been shafted at all. I think he is a nice man but is not good enough for the fastest league in the world and has no bottle because he only knows one way of playing which unfortunately is not good enough.....If we stick with him and he may well win a couple of games but i dont think that will be enough to keep us out of the danger zone.......I was one who said maybe he deserves a chance but i have seen enough now to make my mind up that we need a much more experienced top level manager as Guildo is not good enough and will take us down....

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Re: Swan talk EFL edition

Postby nottsblue » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:25 pm

Wow they are pessimistic. Be interesting to see what team Pep puts out
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:55 pm

nottsblue wrote:Wow they are pessimistic. Be interesting to see what team Pep puts out

I think most of us would be happy to see it loaded with as many youngsters as possible.

I know that I certainly would.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby bigblue » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:35 am

cheers cm
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:19 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Wow they are pessimistic. Be interesting to see what team Pep puts out

I think most of us would be happy to see it loaded with as many youngsters as possible.

I know that I certainly would.

I expect two or three at the most. Probably Tosin, Maffeo and Garcia. Would be happy with that. Want to see Sane start as well. Be interesting to see whether he has a "cup" goalie as well
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Justified logic » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:00 am

I wonder whether Gunn will play in goal in the League Cup and Caballero in the FA Cup, or whether Gunn just for the 'easy' games in the domestic cups. It must be tough being 3rd goalie if you're not, like Wright was, an old pro involved in bringing on the younger goalies.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:19 am

Justified logic wrote:I wonder whether Gunn will play in goal in the League Cup and Caballero in the FA Cup, or whether Gunn just for the 'easy' games in the domestic cups. It must be tough being 3rd goalie if you're not, like Wright was, an old pro involved in bringing on the younger goalies.

If Gunn were to get a few games under his belt, as you say JL in the League Cup for example (always assuming we progress in that competition ??!!), it might not be long before Caballero, in effect, becomes the third 'keeper.

For my own money, if he believes in his potential, I feel certain that Pep will want to progress Gunn as quickly as possible, in order to take over, at some point in the not too distant future, from Bravo
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:50 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Justified logic wrote:I wonder whether Gunn will play in goal in the League Cup and Caballero in the FA Cup, or whether Gunn just for the 'easy' games in the domestic cups. It must be tough being 3rd goalie if you're not, like Wright was, an old pro involved in bringing on the younger goalies.

If Gunn were to get a few games under his belt, as you say JL in the League Cup for example (always assuming we progress in that competition ??!!), it might not be long before Caballero, in effect, becomes the third 'keeper.

For my own money, if he believes in his potential, I feel certain that Pep will want to progress Gunn as quickly as possible, in order to take over, at some point in the not too distant future, from Bravo

I got the impression that City were playing it quite well by having the choice of Rulli or Gunn if he progresses, waiting in the wings for 1-2 years down the road.
Willie is experienced enough to act as No. 2 and is not going to kick up about it in the meantime. I think it's good planning.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:22 pm

Any streams for this? couldn't see any on reddit.
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby bigblue » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:31 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:Any streams for this? couldn't see any on reddit.

Check again in about 1.5 hours
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:07 pm

I seem to remember that certain cup games never have streams, was it this one or another do you know?
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Feed The Goat » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:05 pm

Does anyone know if I can get a river for this on Kodi
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby bigblue » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:22 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:I seem to remember that certain cup games never have streams, was it this one or another do you know?

Google "reddit soccerstreams" or "arenavision" and you'll have plenty
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby bigblue » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:24 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:Does anyone know if I can get a river for this on Kodi

I don't know how you use kodi, but you can play any acestream through kodi no problem. So yes, there are a bunch on kodi
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:33 pm

Feed The Goat wrote:Does anyone know if I can get a river for this on Kodi

Yes with right add-ons, what build are you using and have you kept it up to date?

Google bestforkodi and on the home page it will tell which channels have the game and normally which add-ons to find them in. Granted the channel options are limited for this game, mainly Czech, Croat, Romanian so no English commentary (probably)
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Return to The Maine Football forum