***Swansea Cup Match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Swansea Cup Match thread***

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:03 am

Vinnie isn't that kind of man so if he's not crocked I'd give him a pass on this occasion. Hard to see that this isn't injury related though. We have seen that walk before.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby phips » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:44 am

johnny crossan wrote:SSN after Stones already....and Willy

good. both were shite.

Willy in Pep's system is a disgrace to the club.
Stones keeps meandering around and running into midfield. where was he for the goal? he looked like Everton's John Stones in this match.

Angelina poor again. its a shame for the lad.
Sane needs more time as he looks utterly average.

terrible match of football.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Fidel Castro » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:52 am

phips wrote:

good. both were shite.

Stones keeps meandering around and running into midfield. where was he for the goal? he looked like Everton's John Stones in this match.

It's Angelino. And what do you mean "again"? Please answer what you actually meant. I'm guessing you're just trying to be a fucking doorknob "again" though. For the sake of it. Cos that's how sad you are. If only we had Lucas Barrios instead of Kun, eh? If only we had Dembele instead of Sane, eh? If only we had Lars Ricken instead of Michael Johnson, eh?

Cuntface mcfaceycunt
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby phips » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:01 am

Fidel Castro wrote:
phips wrote:

good. both were shite.

It's Angelino. And what do you mean "again"? Please answer what you actually meant. I'm guessing you're just trying to be a fucking doorknob "again" though. For the sake of it. Cos that's how sad you are. If only we had Lucas Barrios instead of Kun, eh? If only we had Dembele instead of Sane, eh? If only we had Lars Ricken instead of Michael Johnson, eh?

Cuntface mcfaceycunt

again. as in for an occurrence that happens more than once. as in he was poor in the last match he played (Bucharest throwaway match)? jesus. read a dictionary.

who said anything about Aguero or Dembele? wtf are you on about? please tell me you thought Sane looked good last night.
i mustve missed the sentence where i said Sane is shit and a waste of money and will never be good. i must've written that somewhere given your response.

christ almighty. fucking read.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:16 am

phips wrote:

good. both were shite.

Big time city fan here hoping the media go after our latest transfer who has fit in like a glove, but had one below average game.

Just once answer me, what the fuck are you here for? You literally never say anything positive about our club, you always, always, always find a negative or a way to dampen spirit.

Right now we are in the middle of our greatest ever win streak. We have the best manager in the world. We are undefeated this season. We have 3/4 players to already have registered goals and assists in the league, we have been scoring 3-4 goals a game and have several clean sheets. We won the derby and we have lowered the age or our squad considerably.

So far this season you've spoken about precisely none of that and focused on every tiny, insignificant squabble you can find. You're a fucking idiot, because you either genuinely can't see what's under your eyes, or more likely, you have no affiliation for a club and still spend all this time on a forum dedicated to noting else.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Justified logic » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:18 am

Has anyone said how shit Willie was with his distribution? I missed the first 75% of the game because of viewing problems but the highlights showed him giving the ball direct to a Swansea player TWICE, kicking the ball into row Z, and hoofing it upfield.

Honestly, serious question, could Hart have been any worse?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:04 am

Probably not, but Hart would not have been content sitting on the bench bar the odd Cup game. Bigger picture and all that.

Willy is wonky, but he is toeing the party line and don't forget his involvement in this:

How does that make you feel, phips, you utter saddo.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Justified logic » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:23 am

I Just Blue Myself wrote:Probably not, but Hart would not have been content sitting on the bench bar the odd Cup game. Bigger picture and all that.

Willy is wonky, but he is toeing the party line and don't forget his involvement in this:

That is mightily impressive speeded up!
Justified logic

Postby Cocacolajojo » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:34 am

I Just Blue Myself wrote:Probably not, but Hart would not have been content sitting on the bench bar the odd Cup game. Bigger picture and all that.

Yes because Hart was never involved in the build up to a goal.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:09 pm

That is exactly what I said. Well done.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:46 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
I Just Blue Myself wrote:That is exactly what I said. Well done.

Probably not, but Hart would not have been content sitting on the bench bar the odd Cup game. Bigger picture and all that.

Only scenario where that point is relevant is where that magnificent sidepass, that we mere mortals can only dream of making, is relevant is a scenario in which Hart didn't contribute to the build up of goals, as the post that you replied to was comparing Hart and Willy.

You're welcome.

There is another scenario where I have tried to answer someone's question, explicitly not comparing Hart's and Willy's capabilities as footballers, but instead offered what I believe to be the main reason for their respective situations, which you can call 'politics', if you want.
I have also, for the sake of balance, tried to make someone who barely watched the match and described Willy's distribution as shit, aware of the positive aspects of Willy's performance, i.e. finding a team mate three times to draw out the opposing press, leading to a goal.

There is also a scenario where you are being a turd and misinterpreting my post. I don't really care about either Willy or Hart, both should be gone next summer.

In fact, I am as critical as anyone about Willy. His distribution is shoddy (which I acknowledged in my original post, but at least he tries) and he is the opposite of a calming influence on our back line. The latter point is a major argument for experienced keepers over someone like Gunn, but since Willy is lacking in that regard, I am questioning whether he should be preferred over the youngster.

All that said, if you believe that Hart would do the same job in the same circumstances (sitting idly on the bench, just to feature in the League Cup), you must be on some strong hippie crack.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Postby mr_nool » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:49 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:
I Just Blue Myself wrote:That is exactly what I said. Well done.

Only scenario where that point is relevant is where that magnificent sidepass, that we mere mortals can only dream of making, is relevant is a scenario in which Hart didn't contribute to the build up of goals, as the post that you replied to was comparing Hart and Willy.

You're welcome.

There is another scenario where I have tried to answer someone's question, explicitly not comparing Hart's and Willy's capabilities as footballers, but instead offered what I believe to be the main reason for their respective situations, which you can call 'politics', if you want.
I have also, for the sake of balance, tried to make someone who barely watched the match and described Willy's distribution as shit, aware of the positive aspects of Willy's performance, i.e. finding a team mate three times to draw out the opposing press, leading to a goal.

There is also a scenario where you are being a turd and misinterpreting my post. I don't really care about either Willy or Hart, both should be gone next summer.

In fact, I am as critical as anyone about Willy. His distribution is shoddy (which I acknowledged in my original post, but at least he tries) and he is the opposite of a calming influence on our back line. The latter point is a major argument for experienced keepers over someone like Gunn, but since Willy is lacking in that regard, I am questioning whether he should be preferred over the youngster.

All that said, if you believe that Hart would do the same job in the same circumstances (sitting idly on the bench, just to feature in the League Cup), you must be on some strong hippie crack.

Totally agree with you mate! This is such a non-question. Hart should be compared to Bravo, not to Willy.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Cocacolajojo » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:53 pm

Well, I deleted the post because I realized I was getting into a wank discussion but now it's too late I guess.

Hippies didn't smoke crack btw. Wanker.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby bigblue » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:48 pm

To say that is terrible football just shows that he knows fuck all about football! The pattern of passing is straight of the training ground, and most people probably practiced something similar (forward, layoff, spin...). Brilliant when it works out like that.

And not even a word of encouragement about MOTM Garcia.

Like I've said before, phips isn't a City fan, he's just someone who started watching football for the first time a few years ago (!) and happens to watch City from time to time. Why he posts in a City fans forum is anyone's guess.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:58 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:Well, I deleted the post because I realized I was getting into a wank discussion but now it's too late I guess.

Hippies didn't smoke crack btw. Wanker.

You might want to have a word with Raheem.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Postby nottsblue » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:13 pm

Brilliant goal when you watch it sped up like that
nottsblue

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:27 pm

bigblue wrote:

To say that is terrible football just shows that he knows fuck all about football! The pattern of passing is straight of the training ground, and most people probably practiced something similar (forward, layoff, spin...). Brilliant when it works out like that.

Like I've said before, phips isn't a City fan, he's just someone who started watching football for the first time a few years ago (!) and happens to watch City from time to time. Why he posts in a City fans forum is anyone's guess.

The City Facebook page posted a training ground routine which was identical to Garcia's goal. with a tag line practice makes perfect or something like that.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Justified logic » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:49 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
bigblue wrote:

The City Facebook page posted a training ground routine which was identical to Garcia's goal. with a tag line practice makes perfect or something like that.

So, whilst other teams practise free kick and corner routines, Pep has us practising goalie to goal routines? Talk about attention to detail!
Justified logic

Postby bigblue » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:18 pm

Justified logic wrote:So, whilst other teams practise free kick and corner routines, Pep has us practising goalie to goal routines? Talk about attention to detail!

"Goalie to goal" Ilike that. It's like the farm to table thing but on a football pitch. One might even say holistic
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:26 pm

That clip just highlights how we are using their press against them. Drag them out, let them look as if they are putting pressure on us then 'Smash', our left back is a striker.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum