Thoughts on a Trojan Prince/Full Back

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Thoughts on a Trojan Prince/Full Back

Postby john@staustell » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:54 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Was just abou to post that John.

Makes you wonder where this would leave Maffeo and Angelino if these two were to come in.

It'll upset a few but the obvious conclusion is they will be off playing for Girona or someone soon.

It's a harsh world football, but the truth is we are past the eras of anyone who is half-decent gets game and fighting relegation. We need only PL and CL-winning players. Chances are therefore very slim. Tough but we aren't a charity.

Personally I believe almost everything that has happened has been planned by Txiki and Pep over the last 12 months at least, if not longer.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:22 pm

john@staustell wrote:

Makes you wonder where this would leave Maffeo and Angelino if these two were to come in.

It'll upset a few but the obvious conclusion is they will be off playing for Girona or someone soon.

It's a harsh world football, but the truth is we are past the eras of anyone who is half-decent gets game and fighting relegation. We need only PL and CL-winning players. Chances are therefore very slim. Tough but we aren't a charity.

Personally I believe almost everything that has happened has been planned by Txiki and Pep over the last 12 months at least, if not longer.

It will send a message to all at the academy that they need to up their games. We are one of the best sides in Europe and thus only the very best will play for us. When given a chance, as I do believe they will have their chance under Pep at some point, they need to be ready and grab it.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:31 pm

Jorge - 20 year old 6 foot left back at Flamengo is the latest player we're rumoured to be looking at. A mere £23m release clause.

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby john@staustell » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:39 pm

nottsblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

It will send a message to all at the academy that they need to up their games. We are one of the best sides in Europe and thus only the very best will play for us. When given a chance, as I do believe they will have their chance under Pep at some point, they need to be ready and grab it.

Hate to bring up the Evil ones, but after the infamous class of 92 they had sod-all come through. Sure some played in the Premier who Taggart hooked out, but not at a very high level and not for long.

Seems the old soak was also right about Pogba and is having the last laugh!

Ian Nacho has come through, let's not get greedy for one year! Aleix Garcia might even stick around?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:45 pm

john@staustell wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Hate to bring up the Evil ones, but after the infamous class of 92 they had sod-all come through. Sure some played in the Premier who Taggart hooked out, but not at a very high level and not for long.

Seems the old soak was also right about Pogba and is having the last laugh!

Ian Nacho has come through, let's not get greedy for one year! Aleix Garcia might even stick around?

It's a long season. I wouldn't write off Angelino, Maffeo, Tosin and Garcia's yet.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:05 pm

phips wrote:
let's no get so delusional as to think that big name players will choose City over Barca yet. Bravo & Nolito both did it for playing time and for Pep. but if either of them would've been a starter at Barca they'd be there. this isn't a bad thing. its not a shame to "lose out" to the best club in the world right now.

File format: mp4

Delusional?
Have you ever thought of joining the Bluemoon Forum.
They'd love you over there.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:08 pm

phips wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
phips wrote:
Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:What's different now is that Barca and us are sniffing, and it's thought he will prefer us.
That would have been unthinkable even a year ago, it was still when Real and Barca come calling you may as well give up.
Even the rags in their pomp accepted that!
Amazing.

Already happened this summer with Nolito choosing us over Barca! Crazy times!!

he probably chose playing time and a better chance to start over sitting on the bench 90% of the time.

he fancied having a Pep in his step.

this is true too. so yeah Pep + playing time.

“I thought it was the best decision for me and my career. I have come to the Premier League to play with City and under Pep Guardiola, who will play me in the first team, and I am very happy with the decision I took."

"I have had luck to play with [Lionel] Messi a bit but what I want in life is to enjoy my football, play football and be happy. I took the decision. I was fortunate to play in Barcelona, although not much in the first team, and now I am excited about playing at City and I will try to do great things here.”

let's no get so delusional as to think that big name players will choose City over Barca yet. Bravo & Nolito both did it for playing time and for Pep. but if either of them would've been a starter at Barca they'd be there. this isn't a bad thing. its not a shame to "lose out" to the best club in the world right now.

Do you ever fuckin stop talking down our club? Seriously just fuck off. It's non stop. If I won the lotto you'd calculate my taxes and tell me not to bother cashing in. Miserable fucking cunt of the highest order.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:09 pm

Something I've always found interesting about this claim that everyone would pick Barca/Real over anyone else is the fact that the pair of them have consistently had the highest wage bills in football in recent history. Why do they need to pay such high salaries if players just want to play for them due to their greatness?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:12 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Something I've always found interesting about this claim that everyone would pick Barca/Real over anyone else is the fact that the pair of them have consistently had the highest wage bills in football in recent history. Why do they need to pay such high salaries if players just want to play for them due to their greatness?

Top players want trophies, prestige and money. If a club stops offering any of these they drop down the pecking order and either miss out or compensate somehow. It's not hard to figure out, but some people just like to keep us in our little old city box. I just wish they wouldn't come here to try it.
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum