Helan

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Helan

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:27 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:Stinks of a nonce to me.
That's the spirit of the age - right there. Bursting with respect for fellow human beings trying to do good in the world.

Are you saying that Helan dedicating his life to some make believe bullshit equates to him trying to good in the world?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:02 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
That's the spirit of the age - right there. Bursting with respect for fellow human beings trying to do good in the world.

Are you saying that Helan dedicating his life to some make believe bullshit equates to him trying to good in the world?
it's his choice to try to do good by his own lights and your choice to call that 'make believe bullshit'. The thing about internet atheists is that I doubt whether they would have the courage to say their piece face to face to those they wish to insult. I don't see or hear their sneers and jeers when many of our team make religious gestures on the field for example, instead they tend to be found posting their intolerant, ignorant, foul-mouthed abuse anonymously for the amusement of their tiny minority of fellow bigots.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:06 am

johnny crossan wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

it's his choice to try to do good by his own lights and your choice to call that 'make believe bullshit'. The thing about internet atheists is that I doubt whether they would have the courage to say their piece face to face to those they wish to insult. I don't see or hear their sneers and jeers when many of our team make religious gestures on the field for example, instead they tend to be found posting their intolerant, ignorant, foul-mouthed abuse anonymously for the amusement of their tiny minority of fellow bigots.

How is he doing good?

My opinion on all religion is that it's make believe bullshit but each to their own, if that's what they want to do then more power to them, I don't understand why you perceive it as doing good though.

Oh and btw I'm not an atheist, I just don't care to waste my time contemplating something that I'll never find the answer to.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:21 am

johnny crossan wrote:
bigblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:So forum speculation is he's either Jihadi Jezzer or a paedo - how quaint.

No. He's just an idiot and you constantly look for new ways to get offended.

He can study religion anytime he wants right here in England or any other country with normal human rights (while continuing to make mega money playing football). But instead he has chosen to go to Saudi Arabia, where women can't go out in public without male supervision or ever show their skin.

There are mosques in the UK/Europe, no?

So just to get it clear, suggesting the lad is either a child molester or a terrorist isn't at all offensive to you but a quarter of the planet's population and countries is. You do understand that Saudi Arabia shares its culture with the UAE and many other places. Does that make our owner and chairman idiots too? You may be a big blue but that adjective doesn't appear to extend to your brain.

There is a difference between devoting one's life to religion and emigrating to Saudi Arabia to join the school of Wahhabi nutters. Might as well pop in for a visit in Al-Raqqah for what it's worth.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:35 am

johnny crossan wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

How is he doing good?

My opinion on all religion is that it's make believe bullshit but each to their own, if that's what they want to do then more power to them, I don't understand why you perceive it as doing good though.

You're not very good at understanding basic English are you? I said trying to do good, I've no idea about his plans and neither have you, all that is reported is he is dedicating his life to studying his religion. Who knows if that will add to the sum of human goodness or not, it depends what he does.
As to your urging 'more power' to those who accept 'make-believe bullshit' - that's little strange isn't it? I suppose it could be a tragic recognition of the absurdity of your use of the word 'good' in an ultimately meaningless universe you think you accidentally inhabit.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:42 am

How is he trying to do good?

What's strange about me using that expression? If that's what he wants to do then fine, that's all I'm saying.

As to your last line, stop trying to tell me what I think. It's both ignorant and absurd.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:54 am

I Just Blue Myself wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
bigblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:So forum speculation is he's either Jihadi Jezzer or a paedo - how quaint.

No. He's just an idiot and you constantly look for new ways to get offended.

He can study religion anytime he wants right here in England or any other country with normal human rights (while continuing to make mega money playing football). But instead he has chosen to go to Saudi Arabia, where women can't go out in public without male supervision or ever show their skin.

There are mosques in the UK/Europe, no?

So just to get it clear, suggesting the lad is either a child molester or a terrorist isn't at all offensive to you but a quarter of the planet's population and countries is. You do understand that Saudi Arabia shares its culture with the UAE and many other places. Does that make our owner and chairman idiots too? You may be a big blue but that adjective doesn't appear to extend to your brain.

There is a difference between devoting one's life to religion and emigrating to Saudi Arabia to join the school of Wahhabi nutters. Might as well pop in for a visit in Al-Raqqah for what it's worth.

How do you know this may I ask? I do understand that Saudi Arabia has the largest number of adherents of this controversial sect so it may well be so but it is estimated over 60% of the Islamic population in the country is non-Wahhabi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Saudi_Arabia
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:58 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:How is he trying to do good?
What's strange about me using that expression? If that's what he wants to do then fine, that's all I'm saying.
As to your last line, stop trying to tell me what I think. It's both ignorant and absurd.
The ignorance and absurdity are entirely your own. I wouldn't presume to tell you what to think , any more than than I would Jeremy Helan. Perhaps you could also explain what you mean by 'good' as an atheist.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:04 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:How is he trying to do good?
The ignorance and absurdity are entirely your own. I wouldn't presume to tell you what to think , any more than than I would Jeremy Helan. Perhaps you could also explain what you mean by 'good' as an atheist.

"you think you accidentally inhabit."

"I wouldn't presume to tell you what to think"

Ok mate, whatever you say.

I said above I'm not an atheist, perhaps you can find another pigeon hole you want to put me in.

You still haven't answered my question by the way.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:20 am

Did you hear about the the agnostic insomniac dyslexic?

He lay awake at night wondering if there was a dog.

Lads. I'd drop it if I were you.
Your both barking up a lamppost.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:12 am

I'm offended.
Original Dub

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:45 am

Original Dub wrote:I'm offended.

Sorry about that OD.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:08 pm

Too late.... it has been taken.
Original Dub

Postby littlebig » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:09 pm

Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Mate he's on the verge of being caught and needs out. It's obvious.

Piss take I presume Mase? Is there any evidence he's a paedo or are you just on a wind up?
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby bigblue » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:12 pm

littlebig wrote:
Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Piss take I presume Mase? Is there any evidence he's a paedo or are you just on a wind up?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -pederasty
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:13 pm

shame he didn't make it with us...
sexual helan by marvin gaye would have made a great chant
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby littlebig » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:27 pm

bigblue wrote:
littlebig wrote:
Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -pederasty

Ah, I get you now, he's moving to a Muslim country so he is probably a paedophile. Makes perfect sense.
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby Mase » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:31 pm

littlebig wrote:
Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Of course it was a piss take.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dameerto » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:23 pm

Religion and politics, the twin evils of the world.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby bigblue » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:51 pm

littlebig wrote:
Ah, I get you now, he's moving to a Muslim country so he is probably a paedophile. Makes perfect sense.

Either that or bin ladens's understudy. Or he just really likes to live in scorching hot, lifeless deserts. You overly sensitive and always offended folks can decide.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum