How Good Would Your Week Be?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How Good Would Your Week Be?

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:51 pm

Not tempting fate but how good would your week be if Watford won tomorrow?

After all the claims that the Rag media have made about them being the real deal (after playing next to nothing), where would their standing be going forward?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: How Good Would Your Week Be?

Postby patrickblue » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:54 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Not tempting fate but how good would your week be if Watford won tomorrow?

After all the claims that the Rag media have made about them being the real deal (after playing next to nothing), where would their standing be going forward?

It'll be bloody hilarious.
Not that unlikely either.
Best thing will be all the egos blaming each other.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Blackadder » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:54 pm

It would be akin to the Moyes era - aka 'the gift that kept on giving'.
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others." - Groucho Marx
Blackadder
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Agueroooooooooooo

Postby nottsblue » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:56 pm

It's already been a great week. A defeat for the rags; and spuds for that matter would be the icing on the cake. Can't see them losing three on the spin but Watford are no mugs and it will be a close game.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:20 pm

It would be a terrific week...if it happens id be looking for the gif of michael jackson and the popcorn
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:31 pm

nottsblue wrote:It's already been a great week. A defeat for the rags; and spuds for that matter would be the icing on the cake. Can't see them losing three on the spin but Watford are no mugs and it will be a close game.

I've seen 2 of their games and in each they got beat through, what I thought, were dubious decisions or unlucky breaks. Costa should've been sent iff against Watford and the the shots they had against Arsenal should've have paid them greater dividends; Arsenal keeper was exceptional.

They are no pushovers and the Italian organisation is becoming more clear.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:45 pm

Would be hilarious and round off a great week. But really I don't need anything more than what's going on at City for it to be a great week.

Ian Cheeseman has tweeted something about not wanting to go home but just wants to watch City play another game.. I feel the same. Watching the EDS beat Munchen followed by the first team in midweek.Today the under 18's followed by hammering Bournemouth it's all a bit special.

We all know it cannot just carry on like this...... can it? 4 away games in a row now will really test the team big time and I do expect some players to be rested for the first Swans game. He has to surely but who will stay in so there is a degree of consistency. KDB deserves a rest but with Silva out is that realistic!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:52 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:...... I don't need anything more than what's going on at City.

....not wanting to go home but just want to watch City play another game.

We all know it cannot just carry on like this...... can it? 4 away games in a row now will really test the team big time and I do expect some players to be rested for the first Swans game. He has to surely but who will stay in so there is a degree of consistency. KDB deserves a rest but with Silva out is that realistic!

Sorry about the edit mate but spot on with the first two.

As for the 4 aways, I think we have the strength in depth to just do the opposite. He is resting players, as seen today, and rotating like I wanted to see under Mancini and Pellers.

I don't think this is so far fetched but I get the feeling that Pep is aiming for the Big 4.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:53 pm

The cunty one has already publicly criticised his players. Let the fun begin.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:54 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:...... I don't need anything more than what's going on at City.

As for the 4 aways, I think we have the strength in depth to just do the opposite. He is resting players, as seen today, and rotating like I wanted to see under Mancini and Pellers.

I don't think this is so far fetched but I get the feeling that Pep is aiming for the Big 4.

I certainly don't expect Pep to field a weak team, as you say it's a top squad but there are some players more special than others :) Vinnie to play, with Zaba, Navas, Sane and maybe Silva will be back for KDB to rest
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:52 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I certainly don't expect Pep to field a weak team, as you say it's a top squad but there are some players more special than others :) Vinnie to play, with Zaba, Navas, Sane and maybe Silva will be back for KDB to rest

What a nice conundrum to have (insert smiley face).

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:01 am

I'm done with last week, time to look forward to this one. What other teams do is of little consequence, although a few slip up for both scousers would be good to give some breathing space with the bigger European tests to come.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Justified logic » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:09 am

Can't bear to watch or listen to the Watford-United game. It seems most times I tune in or get a stream it is just as they score. Just want them to lose. If they end up 6 points behind that would make my week, only to be bettered by them going out of the EFL Cup at Northampton on Wednesday.
Justified logic

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:14 am

Justified logic wrote:Can't bear to watch or listen to the Watford-United game. It seems most times I tune in or get a stream it is just as they score. Just want them to lose. If they end up 6 points behind that would make my week, only to be bettered by them going out of the EFL Cup at Northampton on Wednesday.

Know how you feel JL; it's always the same for me.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:14 am

It would be great fun to see the rags lose but it couldn't be a perfect week for me as the dippers won on Friday
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:23 pm

United to lose. Dublin to win the All Ireland final would round off a perfect week in sport.
It's not too much to ask for surely.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby patrickblue » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:13 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:It would be great fun to see the rags lose but it couldn't be a perfect week for me as the dippers won on Friday

True, but the dippers only reduce a perfect week by 5%, rags losing increase it by 95%. :lol:
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Justified logic » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:13 pm

Justified logic wrote:Can't bear to watch or listen to the Watford-United game. It seems most times I tune in or get a stream it is just as they score. Just want them to lose. If they end up 6 points behind that would make my week, only to be bettered by them going out of the EFL Cup at Northampton on Wednesday.

Well I did check the score online on the BBC website - just after Rashford had scored. Glad I didn't look again until after full time.

Very happy :D :D :D
Justified logic

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby patrickblue » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:14 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:United to lose. Dublin to win the All Ireland final would round off a perfect week in sport.
It's not too much to ask for surely.

Mayo have City's old problem, the gypsy curse.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:36 pm

Don't you just love karma!

Hornets boss Walter Mazzarri had numerous run-ins with Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho during their time in Italy - with former Inter manager Mourinho saying the Italian was a hard-working donkey that would never become a thoroughbred.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum