How Good Would Your Week Be?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: How Good Would Your Week Be?

Postby patrickblue » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:42 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:I'd love it (not to sound too much like Kevin Keegan) if, at the end of the season, the League Table stood as it stands now.

Chelsea, Liverpuddle and the Scum would all be out of the top four and would have to ply their wares, on Thursday nights, in the Europa League. The media would inevitably go into melt-down and would probably self-destruct in abject disbelief as to what had happened.

Arsenal would win the coveted 'Wenger Trophy' and have to play qualifiers for the Champions League. It would be lovely if they then were to lose those games and were demoted, also, to the Europa.

Glorious champions Leicester City wouldn't even qualify for the Europa.

That would be a fine few individual weeks, for me, if such occurrences came to pass......but it's football and stranger things have happened.........

As you say, stranger things have happened. Take Chelsea from last season, they were out of the hunt and scrapping near relegation by November. My mind is a bit hazy though, who was their manager?

Just can't put my finger on it.

He was quite special, I seem to remember.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Justified logic » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:45 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:I'd love it (not to sound too much like Kevin Keegan) if, at the end of the season, the League Table stood as it stands now.

Chelsea, Liverpuddle and the Scum would all be out of the top four and would have to ply their wares, on Thursday nights, in the Europa League. The media would inevitably go into melt-down and would probably self-destruct in abject disbelief as to what had happened.

Arsenal would win the coveted 'Wenger Trophy' and have to play qualifiers for the Champions League. It would be lovely if they then were to lose those games and were demoted, also, to the Europa.

Glorious champions Leicester City wouldn't even qualify for the Europa.

That would be a fine few individual weeks, for me, if such occurrences came to pass......but it's football and stranger things have happened.........

As you say, stranger things have happened. Take Chelsea from last season, they were out of the hunt and scrapping near relegation by November. My mind is a bit hazy though, who was their manager?

Just can't put my finger on it.

He was quite special, I seem to remember.

Unfortunately no one paid him any attention. Totally anonymous guy. Name began with a 'C' I think.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:49 pm

Barring the dippers winning, which in itself wasn't the end of the world as it meant Chelsea lost, the weekend appears to have been sponsored by Carlsberg. Onto the next game
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby RodneyRodney » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:08 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
patrickblue wrote:Don't you just love karma!

Hornets boss Walter Mazzarri had numerous run-ins with Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho during their time in Italy - with former Inter manager Mourinho saying the Italian was a hard-working donkey that would never become a thoroughbred.

Even a hard working donkey could beat Maureen's little horses.

Was it a 'fake' result?

Having watched Maureen now, it turns out the players did not do what he told them in training.

Not me guv

Crikey John, was he actually criticising his players in front of the cameras ??

If he was, that's a surefire way of losing the dressing room.

Wonder who the next Scum manager will be ??

Sparky
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Original Dub » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:19 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:United to lose. Dublin to win the All Ireland final would round off a perfect week in sport.
It's not too much to ask for surely.

Mayo have City's old problem, the gypsy curse.

They're convinced this is their year. Last of the team that last won it for them, died this year. That's the curse over with.

Just hope it's as good as the semi final.

According to the BBC, two of them are still alive

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-37378935

Well they should have taken their chance today. Dublin were terrible. Mayo did well to kick the last point for a draw.
They have to do it all again next week.
I hope it's a dry day. The weather spoiled the game as a spectacle.

I can't see Dublin being as bad again.

Can you imagine "COYBIB" belted out in the Etihad?

We're screaming out for an anthem and it fits perfect.

Anyway, dubs will thump them sat week. Can't play that bad again. Watched it with 5 culchies

Happy days
Original Dub

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:28 pm

Would love to hear it at the Etihad Ronan, but somehow can't see a Manc crowd going for it.
Dubs were so poor today and still Mayo couldn't beat them. I hope Gavin puts a rocket up their collective arses for the replay.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Blue In Bolton » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:26 am

Just had a quick look at Red caff as I am stuck at work and this gem of a quote regarding the Portuguese twat appeared: "He's annoying the shit out of me already. He needs to stand up and have some balls: admit he is making mistakes, admit pre season didn't give him enough time to gauge the weaknesses of the squad, and drop Rooney. He will do neither. Massively found out at the top level and he knows it."

I am feeling their pain. (And fucking loving it!!!) :lol:
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Postby sheblue » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:33 am

Drop the wig. Quiet now we will have no such talk.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby SomeMichaelGuy » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:31 am

It just keeps getting better: https://twitter.com/Sammy_Goal/status/7 ... 3485037568

Q: Is the aim to win all four trophies this season?
Pep: 'What the fuck?'

Edit: There is a video if you follow the link but not sure how to embed direct twitter videos?
SomeMichaelGuy
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Aguero / Sun Jihai

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:44 am

SomeMichaelGuy wrote:It just keeps getting better: https://twitter.com/Sammy_Goal/status/7 ... 3485037568

Edit: There is a video if you follow the link but not sure how to embed direct twitter videos?

Love it.
He always looks like having to talk to these cretins is such a chore.

WTF. He's picking up English fine if you ask me.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:13 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
SomeMichaelGuy wrote:It just keeps getting better: https://twitter.com/Sammy_Goal/status/7 ... 3485037568

Love it.

The thing is people criticised pearson for his approach to the press..but its their problem if the questions asked are puerile and uneccessary...its not the manager/coaches problem. If they respond with the disdain that most of us on here feel towards the media I have no problem at all with it...it isnt their job, ultimately, to service the media. Only the media wishes to turn football into a soap opera...its a way of justifying their existence. Very few football journalists actually write articles worth reading that provide insight...is that pearsons or guardiolas problem? No...so more of them should be standing their ground..and if a question deserves contempt and receives it, rather than squeal they should fuck off and go back to school to learn how to be a journalist, who balances fact with opinion, rather than trying to lure chosen targets into saying things they can later use to misrepresent.
Bianchi on Ice

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:34 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Love it.

The thing is people criticised pearson for his approach to the press..but its their problem if the questions asked are puerile and uneccessary...its not the manager/coaches problem. If they respond with the disdain that most of us on here feel towards the media I have no problem at all with it...it isnt their job, ultimately, to service the media. Only the media wishes to turn football into a soap opera...its a way of justifying their existence. Very few football journalists actually write articles worth reading that provide insight...is that pearsons or guardiolas problem? No...so more of them should be standing their ground..and if a question deserves contempt and receives it, rather than squeal they should fuck off and go back to school to learn how to be a journalist, who balances fact with opinion, rather than trying to lure chosen targets into saying things they can later use to misrepresent.

Absolutely spot on Bianchi.

Without football, there'd be no football 'journalists' so, in that respect, they're no more than parasites.

If they're held in such low esteem and regarded as something you'd ordinarily scrape off your shoe, then they've only got themselves to blame and the remedy is in their own hands; acquire some integrity, carry out proper and detailed research into a subject/topic (rather than lazily inventing 'facts', just to suit their own 'agendas') and write thoughtful, interesting, informative and well crafted reports rather than being provocative just for the sake of it.

It's not rocket science after all but, if such strictures are beyond their means, they should become fiction writers and try to make a living that way.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:38 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Love it.

Absolutely spot on Bianchi.

Without football, there'd be no football 'journalists' so, in that respect, they're no more than parasites.

If they're held in such low esteem and regarded as something you'd ordinarily scrape off your shoe, then they've only got themselves to blame and the remedy is in their own hands; acquire some integrity, carry out proper and detailed research into a subject/topic (rather than lazily inventing 'facts', just to suit their own 'agendas') and write thoughtful, interesting, informative and well crafted reports rather than being provocative just for the sake of it.

It's not rocket science after all but, if such strictures are beyond their means, they should become fiction writers and try to make a living that way.

They are fiction writers and that's exactly how they make their living.......allegedly.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby City64 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:17 pm

Now that was a proper weekend ! 8-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Slim » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:22 pm

City64 wrote:Now that was a proper weekend ! 8-)

That was the most perfect of 8 days.

City win 3, Rags lose 3 and one of them the derby.

JOY!
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:11 pm

Slim wrote:
City64 wrote:Now that was a proper weekend ! 8-)

That was the most perfect of 8 days.

City win 3, Rags lose 3 and one of them the derby.

JOY!

Joy indeed.
It was so good I'll even use one of these new icons to describe my mood :D
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby PoC » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:55 pm

I've thoroughly enjoyed my day in work today, I keep going up to people in work who support arsenal, spurs, dippers 1 and 2, Aberdeen and a few others and asking them if their team won this weekend to which they reply yes. I keep then asking the rag and then stopping short with an "Oh wait." Followed up by asking about Europe and then last weekend. I could get used to this. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:Both can suck there own bolloxs off so they're as equal as each other but a lot greater than us.
PoC

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby gillie » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:25 pm

Rags that I know have actually crossed the road when I have been walking towards them just so they don't have to speak. It's brilliant and btw I just shout across the road and ask them how they feel being so shite :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum