Seventh heaven

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Seventh heaven

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:11 pm

So Pep has been in charge for seven games.

Seven wins, twenty one goals, playing some sublime football already. The frightening thing is, we have still to hit even fourth gear and as the season goes on and the squad get used to each other we will improve even further.

This could well be the season we really smash it
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Seventh heaven

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:46 pm

nottsblue wrote:So Pep has been in charge for seven games.

Seven wins, twenty one goals, playing some sublime football already. The frightening thing is, we have still to hit even fourth gear and as the season goes on and the squad get used to each other we will improve even further.

We're certainly showing a nice degree of consistency in our play at the moment.

I just hope we can continue accumulating points and wins, as we've done so far and that we have a comfortable lead when injuries and loss of form will inevitably hit us at some point during the season.

If we then can be there, or thereabouts when the Springtime comes around, we surely must have as good a chance of winning the title, as anyone else has.

An exciting run-in and finale to the season could be an entirely novel experience for Pep and he could be up against Mourinho who has seen it and done it all before.

Whatever happens this season must leave us stronger for the one thereafter........just wish we had another striker.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:01 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

I just hope we can continue accumulating points and wins, as we've done so far and that we have a comfortable lead when injuries and loss of form will inevitably hit us at some point during the season.

If we then can be there, or thereabouts when the Springtime comes around, we surely must have as good a chance of winning the title, as anyone else has.

An exciting run-in and finale to the season could be an entirely novel experience for Pep and he could be up against Mourinho who has seen it and done it all before.

Whatever happens this season must leave us stronger for the one thereafter........just wish we had another striker.

I think we have so many options up front at the moment besides Kun & Kelechi. I think Kev could play that role if required but more likely Kev, Raheem, Silva, Nolito Gundogan will be switching in and out so nobody will know what formation we're playing and any one of them can score.

Total football. Coming to a ground near you. Soon.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:03 pm

Kolarov is our reserve striker.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:06 pm

Pep is not happy with us though, we are a bunch of ingrates who don't turn up on Tuesday's and Wednesdays.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:17 pm

But did he win Manager of the Month?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:13 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Kolarov is our reserve striker.

Bit hard to do when he's filling in in goal already. He's the classier Milner doing every job!
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:57 am

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:39 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

If we had another striker he would have to be bloody good and even though he wouldnt play when Kun is fit so why the hell would he come to City to play from the bench? And in the hopefully unlikely event Kun gets a longish injury we have Kelechi who keeps knocking goals in plus all sorts of options using false 9's or whatever.

Plus I don't think its a great idea to say to Kelechi you ain't good enough to be number 2, especially when he is!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby ruralblue » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:56 pm

Add to that Doug, the second coming of Jesus!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Justified logic » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:22 am

I really can't see us losing, or even drawing, except by bad luck until we meet a team with a manager who is as tactically aware as Pep. We are no longer playing the hit and hope football that we had been and that most other teams are still doing. We have a plan, an adaptable and flexible plan. I can't see us doing anything other than pissing this league and, barring bad luck, taking both domestic cups. Main opponents likely to knock our game off course? Liverpool, Chelsea and of course Barca in the CL group stage.

Well, that's my hope anyway.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby PrezIke » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:10 am

We look utterly amazing and am beyond impressed with the way Pep has transformed the play so swiftly. I read or heard somewhere that the difference in time between losing the ball and gaining the ball back in possession has increased to incredible levels compared to last season, which was fairly obvious watching our last few games. I think against United we got the ball back something like 4 seconds after losing it.

The work rate and team spirit seems so much higher, and the way Pep has found a way to live up to his expectations already with transforming and improving players like Sterling, Kolarov, Ottamendi and Stones borderlines on phenomenal, even if there is a long way to go in the season. Even credit for finding a way to get Silva and KDB to play together so effectively is also a testament to his management.

We genuinely look like a top, top team and even some of the typical doubters in the media I hear suggesting we could even win the CL this season, including Raphael Honigstein on the Football Weekly podcast saying this yesterday (to be fair he does have a thing for Pep given his observations in Germany, but that's also based on regular watching of Bayern the previous 3 seasons, as well as KDB, Sané and Gundogan.

Even if we have a few injuries now you can see that we can cope with it better than in the last as our bench is stronger than ever, we play more as a team that one player gone doesn't ruin us like it felt in the past, and we don't even have another potentially dangerous player in Gabriel Jesus with us yet to enhance our attacking depth.

Happy freakin days indeed.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:13 am

ruralblue wrote:Add to that Doug, the second coming of Jesus!

Christ on a bike I keep forgetting Jesus is coming around xmas.

Good times.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby ShimmyShaker » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:19 am

It’s early days but I’ve never been so optimistic. Pep has made some big calls since his arrival, ditching expensive flops like Mangala and Bony, farming out Hart, ditching Nasri and to an extent Yaya too, he stamped his authority on the club from day one, unlike Maureen who seems to have lost his ruthlessness and being a risk taker. We should have buried United at the swamp by a bigger margin but we made them resort to hoof ball tactics, something I doubt Pep would ever do. The players he’s brought in have all played well and they are young, he’s turned Raheem around in next to no time after being unfairly used as scapegoat by the press too. And to cap it all we’re playing a level of football we’ve only dreamed of seeing before now. I thought it would take the lads a while to understand the Pep system but, like the manager, they have hit the ground running and will only get better. It’s fair to say I’m fucking excited!
ShimmyShaker
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: KDB

Postby City64 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:46 pm

Been ripping rags all day , it is so easy deluded cunts !!! Match day tomorrow so it's early train into the city center and straight on the piss , it's going to be rockin for sure after the week we have had and the we are playing . Etihad will be full and there is a different karma about the place this season just need the 3 points Bournemouth are no pushovers so it's a different sort of test for us for sure . Smash the girlfriends back doors in tonight life just couldn't be any better could it at the moment ???? :):) :p
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:23 pm

Gringo Twatburger wrote:
ruralblue wrote:Add to that Doug, the second coming of Jesus!

Christ on a bike I keep forgetting Jesus is coming around xmas.

Good times.

Cheers

Watch on youtube.com

looks like the hand of God gave him a smack in the chops here

just practising for the next derby hopefully ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby CTID Hants » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:27 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Watch on youtube.com

looks like the hand of God gave him a smack in the chops here

just practising for the next derby hopefully ;)

Well he can fuckin cut that out before he arrives
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Justified logic » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:35 pm

Interesting fact.

Only three other teams have won their first seven games in all competitions in the PL era.

Newcastle (1994-1995)
Arsenal (2004-2005)
Chelsea (2005-2006)

No team has won its first eight games.

Of course this means that tomorrow City will not win a game we are more than capable of winning.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby nottsblue » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:19 pm

Justified logic wrote:Interesting fact.

Only three other teams have won their first seven games in all competitions in the PL era.

Newcastle (1994-1995)
Arsenal (2004-2005)
Chelsea (2005-2006)

Of course this means that tomorrow City will not win a game we are more than capable of winning.

Want us to get at least 10 straight wins in the league to emulate the rags. Of course, they fucked it up by finishing fourth after being 10 points clear.

Another good performance today. Confidence is seeping through now and you can see the players really believe in both themselves and the manager
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:27 am

nottsblue wrote:
Justified logic wrote:Interesting fact.

Newcastle (1994-1995)
Arsenal (2004-2005)
Chelsea (2005-2006)

Want us to get at least 10 straight wins in the league to emulate the rags. Of course, they fucked it up by finishing fourth after being 10 points clear.

Another good performance today. Confidence is seeping through now and you can see the players really believe in both themselves and the manager

The way it's shaping up at the moment NB, I get the feeling that the players will soon be prepared to run through a brick wall for Pep.

As an aside, during the after match interview, Pep looked full of cold and tired. Hope he's not overdoing things.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum