Seventh heaven

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Seventh heaven

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:10 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Justified logic wrote:Interesting fact.

Only three other teams have won their first seven games in all competitions in the PL era.

Newcastle (1994-1995)
Arsenal (2004-2005)
Chelsea (2005-2006)

No team has won its first eight games.

Of course this means that tomorrow City will not win a game we are more than capable of winning.

Want us to get at least 10 straight wins in the league to emulate the rags. Of course, they fucked it up by finishing fourth after being 10 points clear.

Another good performance today. Confidence is seeping through now and you can see the players really believe in both themselves and the manager

The way it's shaping up at the moment NB, I get the feeling that the players will soon be prepared to run through a brick wall for Pep.

As an aside, during the after match interview, Pep looked full of cold and tired. Hope he's not overdoing things.

If you look at our player recruitment policy it's easy to come to the conclusion that our players like to be motivated and that's what Pep does. I feel we have a squad of players not too dissimilar to those at Barca, who wanted to improve everyday.

What makes a few of them even more suited is that they were brought in ready for Pep being recruited.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby RodneyRodney » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:29 pm

I thought this thread was supposed to be about United . . . . (??)
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby dazby » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:41 am

We are amazing. Pep is amazing. Losses are going to be very easy to take as the only reason we won't is that it wasn't our day. We'll be the better team every time.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum