derby day build up thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: derby day build up thread

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:54 am

PrezIke wrote:
Mase wrote:I've just touched down in Florida for the next two weeks and I won't be getting up at 6:30am to go out and find somewhere open showing it.

Will just get up and check the score. Good luck boys!

Haha...Well another option is...

Buy beers/liquor of choice the night before (if desired) or make coffee (with liquor added if preferred/needed after you scream while watching Fellani's/Shrek's antics)...

If you are in a hotel ask if NBCSN is in your room. Then wake up and just turn on the tele in your room to NBCSN on which may be free to watch.

Where are you in Florida? I suspect you may also be able to find a bar/place that serves breakfast/truck stop (?) beforehand that will show the game using Yelp or some other Internet search. Even if they don't normally play PL games, find a place that is open then and has TVs for patrons to watch sport. I would think they would subscribe to NBCSN since us Yanks love our sports on TV everywhere, and then ask if they can put on the game for you. I suspect they would.

Never mind all that.
Gringo is out of town and the key is under the mat.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby PeterParker » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:57 am

Beefymcfc wrote:I take it the media onslaught is in full swing?

Of course. Full of "taunts" "amazing banter", "ironic"
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:58 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:
Mase wrote:I've just touched down in Florida for the next two weeks and I won't be getting up at 6:30am to go out and find somewhere open showing it.

Buy beers/liquor of choice the night before (if desired) or make coffee (with liquor added if preferred/needed after you scream while watching Fellani's/Shrek's antics)...

If you are in a hotel ask if NBCSN is in your room. Then wake up and just turn on the tele in your room to NBCSN on which may be free to watch.

Where are you in Florida? I suspect you may also be able to find a bar/place that serves breakfast/truck stop (?) beforehand that will show the game using Yelp or some other Internet search. Even if they don't normally play PL games, find a place that is open then and has TVs for patrons to watch sport. I would think they would subscribe to NBCSN since us Yanks love our sports on TV everywhere, and then ask if they can put on the game for you. I suspect they would.

Never mind all that.

But what about Mrs Gringo; she might be at home ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Herb » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:04 pm

Original Dub wrote:Herb posting about goalkeepers again.
You're a strange fruit aren't you mate?

Herbie goes bananas.

Enjoy the football. Relax and have a look at every aspect of it. You'll be a happier chap, trust me,

Ahem. I thought the excitement was caused by me posting about a very limited ex-keeper who hung out with his rag mates, so I've avoided that thorny topic to maintain your equilibrium Mr Dubb, and my input was more about the speed with which we can develop attacks and the strength in depth of our marvellous attacking midfielders.

Oh, and strange fruit is actually a reference to racist mob lynchings in the Deep South of the USA (listen to the song by Billie Holiday) so it's an odd phrase to use under the circumstances but if you want a tangible modern strange fruit then I recommend you try a tomato in a fruit salad ;-)
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:27 pm

Careful OD, you'll be accused of all sorts of you engage with that weirdo.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:44 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Never mind all that.

Well if you don't know we can't help you.
I mean while the cat's away and all that.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby gmercer1 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:34 pm

Is Sane fit for selection now?
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:45 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I take it the media onslaught is in full swing?

the pustules are popping all over the place - very messy

refreshingly though, the ovoid pundit Will Greenwood, apparently a massive blue, has just predicted 0-4 in a rugby piece on SSN - let nobody complain I don't have a balanced view of the lies, smears and negative reporting we are subjected to by the loathsome majority of media parasites.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:58 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Never mind all that.

Well if you don't know we can't help you.
I mean while the cat's away and all that.

Come on IWT, I hope you're not suggesting that poor old Mase is some form of 'libertinus maximus'.

I don't think copulating with Mrs Gringo, behind the great man's back, is in his repertoire.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:24 pm

Mighty Dwighty giving it full red throttle on SSN just now - best players, best window, best team, best banter, bestest bestest everything.
Please God make us win.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Herb » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:29 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Careful OD, you'll be accused of all sorts of you engage with that weirdo.

Haha foreverupjoesarse you're a prize dickwipe fella - thought you'd be spouting your love for the blonde flapper on a torino forum now your wank inspiration has been fucked off.
On the topic of obsession I'm starting to suspect you're obsessed with me slapping you down bitch-boy because you keep on coming back to humiliate yourself again. It tickles me which reminds me, where's your cockwomble mate nigels tickle? Has he fucked you off for being a boring hart obsessed wank sock?
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:33 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Mighty Dwighty giving it full red throttle on SSN just now - best players, best window, best team, best banter, bestest bestest everything.
Please God make us win.

Thats funny I turned on SSN a few minutes ago and promptly changed the channel at the sight of him, more brains in a rocking horse.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:39 pm

Herb wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Careful OD, you'll be accused of all sorts of you engage with that weirdo.

Haha foreverupjoesarse you're a prize dickwipe fella - thought you'd be spouting your love for the blonde flapper on a torino forum now your wank inspiration has been fucked off.
On the topic of obsession I'm starting to suspect you're obsessed with me slapping you down bitch-boy because you keep on coming back to humiliate yourself again. It tickles me which reminds me, where's your cockwomble mate nigels tickle? Has he fucked you off for being a boring hart obsessed wank sock?

Too fuckign funny.

Im sure Ive had a jousting session with you at one time or other...but def not about Hart.....Im glad hes gone.

Keep up the good work.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:40 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Come on IWT, I hope you're not suggesting that poor old Mase is some form of 'libertinus maximus'.

I don't think copulating with Mrs Gringo, behind the great man's back, is in his repertoire.

Shame on you Mikhail.
I was suggesting no such thing. I would not cast any aspertions on the character of Mrs.Gringo or Mase for that matter.
I'm sure Mrs.Gringo is a fine upstanding lady.
On reflection I totally misread the post.
I thought the comment was from Gringo himself, but it wasn't, it was from yourself.

Sorry Gringo. No offence. Joke wasted.
Last edited by iwasthere2012 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby dick dastardley » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:59 pm

I like the way our club has gone about its business nice and quiet build up, all the players know what their role will be, pep making sure no stone unturned and ready to deliver on the day.
Pep knows what to do trust in pep.
NOW LETS FUCKING SCREW THESE FUCKERS GOOD AND PROPER.
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:05 pm

Herb wrote:

Weirdo
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:38 pm

Green & Blue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Mighty Dwighty giving it full red throttle on SSN just now - best players, best window, best team, best banter, bestest bestest everything.
Please God make us win.

Thats funny I turned on SSN a few minutes ago and promptly changed the channel at the sight of him, more brains in a rocking horse.

He is actually far worse than Camelgob or gingerpig or Ratboy. On a par with Colleymore for my money as the most despicable pundit
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:52 pm

Any team news? Sagna is fit but can either of Sane or Gundo be match fit? Is the otter ok? Anybody ITK cos my nerves are starting to kick in.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby kennyboy » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:34 pm

Gundo is ready. What about Sane?
Scandinavian True Blue
kennyboy
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Keith Curle

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:46 pm

kennyboy wrote:Gundo is ready. What about Sane?

Gundo ready to start?
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum