Internationals.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Internationals.

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:44 pm

The Poland-Denmark game looked as though it might have been an interesting encounter.

Denmark were three down at one point early in the second half.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:44 pm

Poor from Scotland tonight. They remind me of Wales a bit. They rarely qualify for big tournaments as they just seem to lack any passion. England are poor too but always seem to get there somehow. The only real world class player the local nations have is Gareth Bsle but you need a bit of character too.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:49 pm

Looks as though Southgate has been taking elocution tips from Brendan Bodgers.

He's described Jesse Lingard's debut for England as being "outstanding".
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:08 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Looks as though Southgate has been taking elocution tips from Brendan Bodgers.

Also praised Shrek saying he controlled the tempo of the game. Assume he wanted slow football then with no pace.

My exile continues
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:21 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Looks as though Southgate has been taking elocution tips from Brendan Bodgers.

Also praised Shrek saying he controlled the tempo of the game. Assume he wanted slow football then with no pace.

My exile continues

I'm with you NB.

These days, if I actually gave a damn about our international side, it would be the saddest of feelings, knowing that we were, in all probability, the laughing stock of world football.

I think I'd almost gladly settle for just being mediocre plodders, but we're not even that.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:24 pm

I played golf.............if I had not have played golf I would rather have stared at my fuckign pot plant than watch the shite that is the England team.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby patrickblue » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:38 am

I actually watched the whole game, because I've got a house in Malta, so I was hoping they'd do well.
I can confirm England were shite.
It was like watching paint dry.
They're the international equivalent of the rags.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:54 am

nottsblue wrote:

My exile continues

And so continues the problem. Players get superlatives when the reality is they are having average games. But why?

I'd like to know why the Family Wrecker was punditting last night, what relevance does he have to England? The answer, absolutely fuck all, he couldn't even be arsed to turn-out for his own national team. He's there for the Rag presence, to confirm to us all how much Wiggy and co are worth to the team.

Southgates comments on Shrek regarding the meeting tell you all we need to know about the attitude towards certain players, basically confirming that he was played in the middle last night to try and give him his mojo back. But who gets the benefit, England, Rags or the player himself?

No player should get this treatment and should be picked on form and how they fit in the formation/tactics. Shoehorning Rooney in there not only makes the team weaker but stops another player getting valuable experience and furthering the teams ability to create a system that they all understand.

Even winning the game 2-0 has had a detrimental effect because anybody with any thought of winning a major tournament would not have stopped there.

Let's remember, a few of these Maltese players were leaving Wembley for an 8 hour shift in their local shop yet Shrek only managed 1 opportunity in the 190 passes he made.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Spurge » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:21 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

My exile continues

And so continues the problem. Players get superlatives when the reality is they are having average games. But why?

I'd like to know why the Family Wrecker was punditting last night, what relevance does he have to England? The answer, absolutely fuck all, he couldn't even be arsed to turn-out for his own national team. He's there for the Rag presence, to confirm to us all how much Wiggy and co are worth to the team.

Southgates comments on Shrek regarding the meeting tell you all we need to know about the attitude towards certain players, basically confirming that he was played in the middle last night to try and give him his mojo back. But who gets the benefit, England, Rags or the player himself?

No player should get this treatment and should be picked on form and how they fit in the formation/tactics. Shoehorning Rooney in there not only makes the team weaker but stops another player getting valuable experience and furthering the teams ability to create a system that they all understand.

Even winning the game 2-0 has had a detrimental effect because anybody with any thought of winning a major tournament would not have stopped there.

Let's remember, a few of these Maltese players were leaving Wembley for an 8 hour shift in their local shop yet Shrek only managed 1 opportunity in the 190 passes he made.

A point very well made Beefy
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:44 am

Spurge wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

My exile continues

Absolutely.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:02 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Spurge wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

My exile continues

Absolutely.

Agree whole heartedly and this is the essense of the reason of my abstenation of watching England. For as long as i can remember England has been an old boys club where to fit in and prosper you need to play for certain clubs
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Justified logic » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:51 pm

We're on the road again. Smashing pub teams in the qualifiers, mixing it with the class teams in the friendlies with ten substitutions. We're gonna win the World Cup I tell yer.

Rinse and repeat.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:54 pm

I'm in!
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby bigblue » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:13 pm

Nacho with a nice goal for Nigeria:

https://streamable.com/a768
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:48 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:I'm in!

me too!
it was the average of 7 years experience of their 36 staff that sold it to me. they must really know their stuff!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:00 pm

Very poor from Wales but Bale is the dogs.
South Stand Balti

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:48 pm

Hooly Hooly! Great finish too from Longy.
South Stand Balti

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:10 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Hooly Hooly! Great finish too from Longy.

Always had a soft spot for the Irish team and good to see they now predominantly play with real Irish players, unlike in previous years where any ascendancy ruled.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:43 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Always had a soft spot for the Irish team and good to see they now predominantly play with real Irish players, unlike in previous years where any ascendancy ruled.

We played well but sucker punched at the end of the first half.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby South Stand Balti » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:58 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

I wish the England cricket team would do the same! The likes of Trott playing for England was farcical, based on living here for a fortnight. Ireland need to win here.....it's a must.
South Stand Balti

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum